• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sweetest surprise of the preseason?

sturt

• Premium Member

Based on what we were hearing pretty much all summer, I wasn't even counting on seeing Korver on the court yet, and certainly not Sefolosha. Don't know how much stamina they have at this point, but I'm absolutely thrilled that we're starting the season with both of them this active.

• Like 4

Based on what we were hearing pretty much all summer, I wasn't even counting on seeing Korver on the court yet, and certainly not Sefolosha. Don't know how much stamina they have at this point, but I'm absolutely thrilled that we're starting the season with both of them this active.

Agreed.  KK was back and dunking!  Granted he took about 12 steps prior-to but who's counting. #supahstarcallz

Bazemore looks to have taken a bit of a step forward too.  That can't not be good (wha?).

Also, seeing the Heat last night, I think they're going to struggle more than folks realize.  They have a good starting 5 on paper but the pieces don't fit.

Agrees @sturt Thabo looks amaxing5, his defense is still spectacular. 

Another surprise for me was Edy. He looked better than I thought he would.

Per Coach Bud: he has great hands and his progress has been tremendous

The radio hosts ask what it's like yelling at Edy since he would be staring at his belly.button, lol. Coach said he doesn't have to yell at him much, great student. Said he had a good chance to yell at him face to face on the bench during the Heat game and it felt good, LOLOLOL.

• Premium Member

If we can count on Walter and Sef to come in and give us good defense down the stretch and if BazeGod plays at a high level... we will be back in the ECF championship game and while Lebron is getting his "supplements", we may win 1st in the East again!

Edy's play has been a disruptive force for the opposing teams (blocks, rebounds, deflections and points).  I hope he has a bigger role than what was anticipated this year.

Also Bazemore's play has steadily improved and he seems to not want to relinquish the starting role to Sef.

Edy without a doubt. I thought this is where he'd be after a season in the D-league. He's still a project but he's a lot further along than I thought and seems to have more potential to boot. He also strikes me as a huge big with a good work ethic which is a bit of a rarity.

~Edy being much further along than expected

~Threezus and Sef being much further along than expected

~Blaze looking like a starting SF

~Defense looking better than last year

~Bawse being legit from deep

• Like 1

Pretty much what everyone has posted:  

Healthy and season ready Korver and Thabo.  

Edy is a LOT better than I expected considering his limited basketball experience.  He's clearly still a bit raw but can certainly contribute this year.

Both Teague and Dennis look on point.

Anybody else think Edy can be a starter in this league in 3 years? Certainly looks like a possibility...

stranger things have happened, but it's a bit early to say. three years is a long time, so i would certainly say it's possible. I know I've been very happy with his preseason play.

35 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

stranger things have happened, but it's a bit early to say. three years is a long time, so i would certainly say it's possible. I know I've been very happy with his preseason play.

Of course it's "possible". My question was who THINKS it'll happen. It's not a safe question, you actually have to go out on a limb ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hazer said:

Of course it's "possible". My question was who THINKS it'll happen. It's not a safe question, you actually have to go out on a limb ;)

In that case, I'm going to err on the cautious side of saying that he won't be a starter in 3 years, but I will be VERY pleasantly surprised if my wager is incorrect.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 10/27/2015, 1:31:38, hazer said:

I think he'll be good enough to start - i.e. good enough to start for one or more teams even if he is stuck behind Horford/Sap or some other even better big.

• Like 1