• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has the Eastern Conference finally gotten stronger than the Western Conference?

ATLHawks3

Has the Eastern Conference finally gotten stronger than the Western Conference?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just looking over the NBA standings and I'm suprised to see that the East has more teams at .500  or above (10) than West (6). Also what's more suprising is that we're 3 games out of first place but we're also tied for 8th place with a Detroit team that finished 32-50 last season. Has the East gotten stronger than the West? Thoughts?

The West has the 2 best teams in the league.  Then theres a gap between them and CLE/OKC (on a good nite).  2-9 in the East is comparable to 3-6 in the West.  So, the East top-bottom is more competitive although the best of the West far out-classes anything the East has to offer.

• Premium Member

The East is definitely better much to the dismay of those who went way overboard in saying last year would continue to be the norm.  Imo, GSW, The Spurs and The Cavs are the three best teams in the league.  After that, there is a sizeable gap to the next group of teams.

47 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Golden State or San Antonio vs Cleveland in the NBA finals...everything else is just for show....

Dang, I guess you should just stop posting then huh? :happy:

• Premium Member

I don't know about stronger/better, but obviously improved.  It's not all that surprising considering the injuries to Miami and Indiana.  Along with the top 4 teams last year, that's 6 quality teams in the East that I like as good as anybody in the West (outside of the very top).  

The West meanwhile has lost some of its punch.  Portland obviously took a hit and the Rockets and Grizz are slumping.  New Orleans looks terrible...but I say that while admittedly not being too informed on them.

Overall, I would say the balance of power has just evened out...and not necessarily shifted towards the East.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Golden State or San Antonio vs Cleveland in the NBA finals...everything else is just for show....

Golden State/San Antonio> Cleveland>The Thunder = Better than everyone else.

However, a bunch of teams of teams from the west suddenly look weaker.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

Golden State and the Spurs are the top two teams in the NBA. After that, I think the East is much more competitive and probably better than the West. We will have to wait and see if improved teams like Orlando, Charlotte, Detroit, Boston and even NY can stick around or above .500 as the season continues.