• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cavaliers name Tyronn Lue as new head coach.......

Hawkmoor

• Premium Member

The King was thoroughly embarrassed.  He pushed the fire button on David Blatt.

Cleveland GM Lebron James had to let Blatt Go after their embarrassing lose to the Warriors.  Lebron could be heard muttering, "I am not going to put up with this."  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

atlanta-hawks-guards-salim-stoudamire-ty

I hated that squad with a passion but I did like Lue. He was so smart and savvy but didn't have Bibby's BBIQ or feel for the game. With that said, being a great coach is more than how you played or Pop and Bud would be pretty ish coaches. 

Just now, Lurker said:

Lue being named coach is codename for "LeBron as player coach".

He was already player ,coach, and Gm 
He's likely working the phones now , trying to trade Kevin Love for someone that can defend the pick and roll without getting lost.
Lebron will also coach the Eastern All star team...
But, really though, is the nba gonna let T-Lue coach the East All star team ??
Cavs are 30- ll before he became the coach. It wouldn't be right, because he didn't earn it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

What a load of crap. Lebron Lames just couldn't be the one to put that loss on himself..... He need an escape goat. 16 pts isn't "labron like". This is one of many reasons why I dislike this guy. He walk's around like he's the best player in the world when he wins, but if he lose its everyone but his fault. What's next, a Kevin Love trade?....overrated and all hype.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I hated Lue on our team ... He would dribble up and stand there and run the clock down and then hoist a bad shot with no time left.  Loved when he was traded for Bibby

A first year head coach takes his team to the NBA finals and is leading the east with a 30-11 record and gets fired.... SMH

Edited by QuantumHawkz
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, High5 said:

I thought the Kings firing Malone last season would be the dumbest decision for a while, but this takes the cake. This is great news for the rest of the EC, though. 

How is it great news? Does it really even matter? 
The Cavs could go to the Finals with Lon Kruger coaching them. with  Bob Weiss , Josh Smith and J.R Rider as assistant coaches.

Edited by pimp
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, pimp said:

How is it great news? Does it really even matter? 
The Cavs could go to the Finals with Lon Kruger coaching them. and  Bob Weiss , Josh Smith and J.R Rider as assistant coaches.

Maybe, maybe not, but this move shows a real weakness within that organization.

I think it shows more desperation to win it all than weakness.
There is no doubt in my mind the the Cavs will try to make a move to improve their team by the deadline.
The Hawks , on the other hand are more likely to stay content with what they have, even though it's not good enough.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pimp said:

I think it shows more desperation to win it all than weakness.
There is no doubt in my mind the the Cavs will try to make a move to improve their team by the deadline.
The Hawks , on the other hand are more likely to stay content with what they have, even though it's not good enough.

So if "making a move" could fix it, why fire the coach?  LeBron will always find a scapegoat and never accept responsibility, unless he wins.