• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I don't mind being the 6th Seed in the East.

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

pretty sure the 3rd seed is the plan Bud would like to see happen. for the Hornets - I see that happening,

If we can't get the 4th or 3rd seed, going in as a 5th seed against Miami is not going to be a cakewalk.

I've been tooting the 3rd/6th seed horn for a week or 2 now, wouldn't mind 6th either. But would prefer 3rd, as I'm sure Bud and the team would as well. Hornets and/or Bulls could give Raps some trouble as the 7th seed, wear them down a bit for us when we meet them in the 2nd round.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm all aboard with wanting the 3rd/6th seed too. The Raptors have owned us recently but lets not forgot their recent playoff history.

Last year they were #4 and got swept by the Wizards. The previous year they were #3 and lost in 7 to Brooklyn. They might be able to win their first round match up this year but if we can win a game up in Toronto, you have to wonder where they psyche will be. Lebron has been to the finals the last five seasons. I'd much rather go against the group that hasn't won a playoff series together.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The third seed is the plan....that way we'll have home court in the first two rounds. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland fall before the ECF.

5 hours ago, QuantumHawkz said:

The third seed is the plan....that way we'll have home court in the first two rounds. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland fall before the ECF.

I think CLE will make it to ECF.  Healthy Love and healthy Kyrie plus they got Frye who might fill that enforcer role.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I think CLE will make it to ECF.  Healthy Love and healthy Kyrie plus they got Frye who might fill that enforcer role.

Health has nothing to do with it. Chemistry is missing from that team.

I'm a proponent of letting the chips fall where they may. A few weeks ago I wanted the 3rd seed and wanted Boston to be the 6th. But as I've learned in the past, you have to be careful what you wish for. I just think that we need to worry about us. As long as we are playing Hawks basketball going into the playoffs, we should be alright no matter which team we face. Also, in no way am I comparing us to the Houston Rockets of 95, but they were the 6th seed heading into the playoffs and won it all. Again, they were coming off a title and had the dream playing MVP ball but as long as you are playing as a cohesive unit going in, that's all that really matters in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm a proponent of letting the chips fall where they may. A few weeks ago I wanted the 3rd seed and wanted Boston to be the 6th. But as I've learned in the past, you have to be careful what you wish for. I just think that we need to worry about us. As long as we are playing Hawks basketball going into the playoffs, we should be alright no matter which team we face. Also, in no way am I comparing us to the Houston Rockets of 95, but they were the 6th seed heading into the playoffs and won it all. Again, they were coming off a title and had the dream playing MVP ball but as long as you are playing as a cohesive unit going in, that's all that really matters in my opinion.

We are a lot closer to the type of 6 seed that Milwaukee was in the 2010 playoffs .... that scared the hell out of the Hawks and pushed them to 7 games.  That team had a top 3 defense in the NBA, but was schizophrenic as hell on offense.

If the offense doesn't improve in late game situations, we're not winning a Game 7 in Miami.  We MIGHT win a Game 7 in Boston, only because that team is so young, but it will be very difficult.

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We are a lot closer to the type of 6 seed that Milwaukee was in the 2010 playoffs .... that scared the hell out of the Hawks and pushed them to 7 games.  That team had a top 3 defense in the NBA, but was schizophrenic as hell on offense.

If the offense doesn't improve in late game situations, we're not winning a Game 7 in Miami.  We MIGHT win a Game 7 in Boston, only because that team is so young, but it will be very difficult.

I think we are a lot better than the 2010 Bucks. They had a rookie chucker as a pg in Brandon Jennings. Not much offense as I remember John Salmons as the only consistent offensive threat. But on defense you are right they had Bogut, Luc Mbah and Charlie Bell. Honestly, I'm not too scared of the Heat even with the JJ addition. They have a bunch of stat(no pun Amare) fillers. Also, Wade is getting up there in years, he's been healthy all year but I'm not sure he can carry a team anymore. Then again, I underestimate nobody. 

Oh, also again by no means was I comparing us to the 95 Rockets. They had Hakeem the dream and Clyde the glide, not to mention all the perfect role players around those two in Horry, Cassell and the jet.

7 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Frye is not an enforcer - what he will be is a reliable 3pt shooting stretch the floor big.  

14 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Wouldn't worry about it too much. I'd like to avoid the Cavs in the 2nd round to sell ourselves to potential FA, but I think we should just be gunning for as many Ws as possible.

Thank you! I want the hawks to win a championship no doubt! Every season if possible but the next BIG thing on my wish list is hoping a BIG time free agent looks at the hawks and say "2 ECF trips is pretty damn good, if I come to this team I can put them over the top and make them...US...a champion"...........>Cough< ........Kevin Durant

• Like 2

3 hours ago, QuantumHawkz said:

Health has nothing to do with it. Chemistry is missing from that team.

Agreed but I don't care about no chemistry problems against the East for the Cavs....as long as Lebron is healthy he can get Cleveland through the east and another ECF but what he cant do is beat the warriors and spurs with bad chemistry 

.....thats just my opinion though. You would think 5 straight trips to the NBA championship and fans will finally understand that the east just doesn't have what it takes to challenge this man. The east hasn't even proved to get Lebron in a game 7 the last 5 years. Im just not a believer in the east teams to beat Lebron and I think for ALL east teams he should be the focus and the one east teams want to take down but no east team makes moves to beat Lebron.

Who gives a damn about the Warriors if you know you cant get pass Lebron?

• Like 1

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, JTB said:

Agreed but I don't care about no chemistry problems against the East for the Cavs....as long as Lebron is healthy he can get Cleveland through the east and another ECF but what he cant do is beat the warriors and spurs with bad chemistry 

.....thats just my opinion though. You would think 5 straight trips to the NBA championship and fans will finally understand that the east just doesn't have what it takes to challenge this man. The east hasn't even proved to get Lebron in a game 7 the last 5 years. Im just not a believer in the east teams to beat Lebron and I think for ALL east teams he should be the focus and the one east teams want to take down but no east team makes moves to beat Lebron.

Who gives a damn about the Warriors if you know you cant get pass Lebron?

Tough to argue this, but it will happen some day.  Hope we are the team that makes it happen.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AHF said:

Tough to argue this, but it will happen some day.  Hope we are the team that makes it happen.

Definitely agree! It will happen someday...Lebron is not God, he will get old and probably play as long as Duncan as long as no major injuries come his way but he won't be able to carry a team his whole career. However that day and time is not this year and likely not next year unless one these east teams make a huge move to dethrone Lebron from beating the east year after year.

It could easily be the hawks next season honestly...but hell we have a 1% percent chance at getting Durant. KD added to this team would put some scare into Lebron. I know he has a winning record against KD but KD in Buds hands is a 7 foot Curry...therefore the outcome would likely change on their head to head matchup.

• Like 2

From what I've seen of LeBron this year, he has to prove to me he can flip the switch and be an elite defender and FT taker now he's a physical shell of his MVP form.  I don't see it.  The past two Finals victors at his expense are stealing his media attention  and it's made him lazy.  Hopefully he gets arrested for ripping Kyrie's head off in the meantime.

Hawks didnt make it to the NBA FINALS as a 1 seed, so it really dont matter. The key is getting the personnel to beat ANYBODY,  not worry about seeding. Thats what Cleveland did last year. They got personnel SPECIFICALLY to beat the Hawks in the playoffs.

Edited by Hawkmoor