• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF...we lose this series, blame it on the defense at PG

HawkItus

Every time.  PG gets penetration.  Everyone scrambles to help.  Open three/driving hoop on the dish.  We have to get a defensive stopper at PG this summer.  I don't why Kirk hasn't been given a chance on Thomas during some stretches at the end of the game.  At least he would keep out the middle of the paint.   

The whole Boston team is also working for Thomas, setting multiple screens, after the first are mostly covered fine by our guards. So its hard to defend that where they give up something elsewhere.....Dennis despite all is flawfull games of late is doing great against Thomas most the time. Bud also tries to match up Dennis against Thomas as much as he can justify.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, High5 said:

Our shooting is worse than our defense. We're taking 33.5 three's per game and only making 27% of them. 

Yes.  If we could actually score this wouldn't be a series but we've been saying that all year long.   We have no consistent scorers on this team and that's a big problem in the playoffs.

• Like 1

I'm a broken record at this point, but Teague can't be guarding Thomas when Thomas is running off the ball. It's as clear as a blue sky and yet no move has been made against it. If the PG is initiating offense with the ball in his hands, Teague can guard that PG at an average basis, but he can't guard players running off the ball.

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Our starting sf is shooting like Josh Smith

Our starting center has been ghost 2 straight games

Sap has only played 1 good game

Korver cant defend anyone

Bench has been brutal

The team cant make open shots

Coaching had been questionable

Way too many issues to try and blame the defense of our point guards

I'm a big fan of Bud, but we go away from what makes us successful.   We start standing around on offense, slowly walking the ball up the court,   iso-sap until the wheels fall off.     It's like we lose trust in our offense but we have no scorer to put absolute trust in.  The only reason we are this good is because the system is our scorer.    Quit running the system and it's a bunch of pretty good but not great offensive players out there.    

• Like 1

Point Guard Production in G4:

7/31 for 22.5%, 7 assists with 6 Turnovers -  we have no chance with this kind of production from the supposed STRENGTH of this team.  Shameful.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Need a big body in the middle to bust Thomas in the mouth, him, Smart and Turner won't drive in the paint no more.

we have one but Bud wont play him.   Bud does not play that type of ball, he does not want a physical low-post player.  End of story.

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We don't play physically as a team, which i think is a problem.  This is why we are always on the receiving end of playoff punishment. 

Wish I could give multiple likes for this post.  I complained repeatedly about our lack of physicality on both ends of the floor in the second half yesterday.  Guys were taking bad jumpers and fadeaways avoid contact.  That is a recipe for a cold spell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

We don't play physically as a team, which i think is a problem.  This is why we are always on the receiving end of playoff punishment. 

Maybe because we don't get calls when we are physical.  You can only take an ass kicking so long.

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Where's Ivan when we need him :-)

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

Maybe because we don't get calls when we are physical.  You can only take an ass kicking so long.

Backing  down is worse. Go out swinging knowing  you left it all on the court.

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, bobrathbun4pres said:

there is no reason teague or dennis shouldnt be able to cover that midget. He shouldnt be getting more than 25 a game nor should boston even be getting those open looks

I got one.  He gets Ref protection.

Maybe it's because he's only 5'9" but he gets a buttload of touch fouls.

12 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Where's Ivan when we need him :-)

Put Hinrich on Thomas.

Wiley vet with no respect.

• Moderators

I'm usually the first one to complain about the refs but with Thomas I think if you are aggressive on offense, and under control, then you get calls.    Teague does this sometimes but for whatever reason he just wasn't aggressive in game 4.   Sap was but his constant complaining to the officials has become a cry wolf scenario.  

But this is a systemic problem.   When you don't play physical all the time you can't just turn it on in the playoffs.   Because like anything you don't practice, you'll suck at it.   And you'll end up fouling, getting techs, getting rattled.  Sound familiar?

• Like 4

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

But this is a systemic problem.   When you don't play physical all the time you can't just turn it on in the playoffs.   Because like anything you don't practice, you'll suck at it.   And you'll end up fouling, getting techs, getting rattled.  Sound familiar?

This^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1