• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brown, Chriss, or Prince??

Diesel

• Premium Member

We make no bones about it that if we use our first rounder, we're getting a Sf.   The question is which one:

Jaylen Brown, Marquis Chriss, or Taurean Prince?

I like Prince  because he looks like he can be a three and d guy.

However, Brown... Hometown guy.  But more importantly, this guy looks like he has an "IT" Factor offensively.   Something about him says, he could be a star in this league.  I haven't watched enough cal games, but I have done some research and I am impressed.

Diesel with that ninja-edit.  I see you workin', I see you.

Even though this belongs in the Draft forum I'll play.

No way we pick early enough to get Brown.  If he falls, we'll jump on him.

I think Prince is our guy at the end of the day ... if we keep our pick.

I think Jaylen Brown is a Bud type guy. He is gonna be a stud defensively and he's already got an NBA body at 6'7 222. If we were going to go the route of trying to trade up high, I think he would be Bud's target but no way does he slip past the 7th pick. He's got a Kawhi-esqueness to him. Plus, like aforementioned he's a hometown guy that might help attendance.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:
40 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I think Jaylen Brown is a Bud type guy. He is gonna be a stud defensively and he's already got an NBA body at 6'7 222. If we were going to go the route of trying to trade up high, I think he would be Bud's target but no way does he slip past the 7th pick. He's got a Kawhi-esqueness to him. Plus, like aforementioned he's a hometown guy that might help attendance.

Do you think he's a Bud Player?  I thought that Shabazz Muhammed was a Bud guy.  Damn near the same measurable.. .Damn near the same player.  It would seem that Bud never made a serious move to get him.

17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Do you think he's a Bud Player?  I thought that Shabazz Muhammed was a Bud guy.  Damn near the same measurable.. .Damn near the same player.  It would seem that Bud never made a serious move to get him.

Ya but the thing was Bazz was that he couldn't play D. Jaylen is ready to play defense from the beginning. I think Bud wants a guy who has the physical tools and DESIRE to play D first and foremost, after that he feels that he can mold the rest through coaching and repetitions with practice.

Jaylen is gonna be a stud. He played at Cal so I got to see some games as they are 40 minutes away from me. Jaylen and Rabb were beasts. Rabb withdrew from the draft so look for him to be a high lotto pick next year. He reminds me a bit of Chris Bosh. Smooth game. But back to Jaylen, I wouldn't be upset at all if we traded up for him but it's gonna cost us for sure.

• Premium Member
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:19 PM, Spud2Nique said:

Ya but the thing was Bazz was that he couldn't play D. Jaylen is ready to play defense from the beginning. I think Bud wants a guy who has the physical tools and DESIRE to play D first and foremost, after that he feels that he can mold the rest through coaching and repetitions with practice.

Jaylen is gonna be a stud. He played at Cal so I got to see some games as they are 40 minutes away from me. Jaylen and Rabb were beasts. Rabb withdrew from the draft so look for him to be a high lotto pick next year. He reminds me a bit of Chris Bosh. Smooth game. But back to Jaylen, I wouldn't be upset at all if we traded up for him but it's gonna cost us for sure.

Unfortunately, that's the kind of move it's going to take to get a star here if we can't attract free agents. At this point, I'm all in favor of the Hawks doing what they need to do to get a star on this roster. It may sting a little to give up current players or future assets, but something has to be done. Whether it's Simmons, Ingram, or Brown , I really don't care, just get them here. 

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Unfortunately, that's the kind of move it's going to take to get a star here if we can't attract free agents. At this point, I'm all in favor of the Hawks doing what they need to do to get a star on this roster. It may sting a little to give up current players or future assets, but something has to be done. Whether it's Simmons, Ingram, or Brown , I really don't care, just get them here. 

Sounds good in theory but it's not a one way deal.  There has to be a willing trade partner.  What if the team picking those guys wants them?

13 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

I really like Taurean Prince. This kid reminds me of a more fluid Draymond Green. His shot is pure, and quick on the release. His frame is very impressive. 

I thought the Valentine kid was more Greenish but both seem like good prospects.

• Premium Member
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 1:26 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Sounds good in theory but it's not a one way deal.  There has to be a willing trade partner.  What if the team picking those guys wants them?

True, it's not a one way deal. That's why it may sting to have to let go of some valuable assets. Find out what it would take for those teams in the top 5 to let go of those picks and decide if it's worth it. If the Hawks see a guy they can legit build around, make the sacrifice(s) necessary to get him here and then build around him. But if the Hawks already think they have their centerpiece on the current roster, especially after how the last two seasons ended, than it's all moot.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:
3 hours ago, hawkman said:

True, it's not a one way deal. That's why it may sting to have to let go of some valuable assets. Find out what it would take for those teams in the top 5 to let go of those picks and decide if it's worth it. If the Hawks see a guy they can legit build around, make the sacrifice(s) necessary to get him here and then build around him. But if the Hawks already think they have their centerpiece on the current roster, especially after how the last two seasons ended, than it's all moot.

I was thinking that we could trade Teague or Schröder to the Pelicans for their pick.

Looking over their landscape, I think they would do the deal because otherwise, they would have to wait on a PG from the draft and this draft doesn't have Locks.   Schröder for the #5 pick would be great for them because it would give them the chance to resign him and he with Davis... is a match.

We get Brown with the #5.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I was thinking that we could trade Teague or Schröder to the Pelicans for their pick.

Looking over their landscape, I think they would do the deal because otherwise, they would have to wait on a PG from the draft and this draft doesn't have Locks.   Schröder for the #5 pick would be great for them because it would give them the chance to resign him and he with Davis... is a match.

We get Brown with the #5.

Ya I'm looking at the Pels, Bucks, Wolves and Kings to possibly move their pick, I'd much rather give Teague though than Dennis.

Prince just doesn't move the needle for me. Wouldn't be too disappointed with his selection depending who's left on board. Timothy Luwawu passes my eye test and some.  I'd be happy as the Dennis pick if he lands with us.

I also like Blossomgame in the 2nd. The draft is fairly weak but it's very deep with some projected 2nd rounders I like alot.

I'm not as in love with Brown  as all you are. He looks like the next Aaron Gordon to me. His offensive IQ is low and his effort on D isn't great. He relies on bullying people with his big body, but that didn't work as well in college hence a disappointing year. It definitely  won't work against the big boys  in the NBA. He's low on basketball skill and his first step seems really slow to me. It could be because of his below average ball handling slowing him down. I think Bud can develop this kid  but, I can't see giving up the farm  to get him. Kawahi's basketball IQ was much higher on offense and defense, but he wasn't a great shooter. 

I would rather trade for the real  Aaron Gordon whom  I didn't love, but like alot better than this kid because of his motor on bother ends of the court. 

Edited by ATLien_

• 1 year later...

Taurean was exceptional, he looks like a foundational piece for this team. Jaylen Brown's age and home town factor is the only reason he might be a better piece, but the value of Prince at 12 vs Jaylen at 3 is so much more.

1 hour ago, CP61 said:

Taurean was exceptional, he looks like a foundational piece for this team. Jaylen Brown's age and home town factor is the only reason he might be a better piece, but the value of Prince at 12 vs Jaylen at 3 is so much more.

Jaylen should have been drafted in the 10-15 range.  I have a feeling that what has happened to Ivan Rabb would have happened to him had he stayed in school.  

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Jaylen should have been drafted in the 10-15 range.  I have a feeling that what has happened to Ivan Rabb would have happened to him had he stayed in school.  

Last years class was terrible. 3 was just fine for him.

• Like 1