• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Superstar is needed and here he is

LikejRod29

Well, problem #1 is always the fact that teams like BOS and LAL can offer a top-3 pick plus whatever player(s) from their roster which could be as attractive as that package.

Secondly, Cousins doesn't make us better, makes us worse.  He hasn't shown even an iota of an ability to  take responsibility for his actions, lacks maturity and the slightest inkling of anything approaching leadership qualities.

His stats won't suffer here though so ... there's that ... if they're just kinda into being able to say we have a "star".  Then do it, I guess.

Boogie would be booked for a DUI, domestic attack, then attempted murder within 15 months in Atlanta.  Worst case scenario he's back out on the street even after that.

Z-Bo chest bumping him and barking in his face while he backed up with his head down is his shining moment in the NBA.

Edited by benhillboy

2 hours ago, LikejRod29 said:

DeMarcus Cousins, #8 pick for Paul Millsap , Jeff Teague #21 , 54 picks bring back Al and Baze.  Picks can be taking out. 

I'm guessing in this case the #8 is used for a SF. So this upcoming year we still have the starting minutes void there until our rookie is ready. Just assuming they would hopefully accept that Baze is a shooting guard. Everyone but Bud accepts this I would think by now. 

2 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

You wanna give up two all-star players and two current draft picks for one player? Why would they even take Teague? Don't they still have Rondo on a contract?

One all star and one player who made the all star game once for another all star.

Or put another way

Two guys who made the all star game 4 times in 17 combined years (in the EAST) for one guy who made the all star game twice in 6 years (in the WEST).  And the two that are traded away are both older and play positions where we already have starters available  (if Horf resigns). Couz is younger, more talented, and plays a position of need.

Is he a short fused loco? Sure. But he can be kept in check enough. If there wasn't room to improve, then he wouldn't be attainable. 

Eff it. I love Boogie. Bring him aboard. I ain't scurd. You'll never get ahead if you don't take chances. No one's gonna trade you a quarter for a couple of dimes, so you better pay if you want to play.

Just curious if anyone thinks that Cousins would hang out at Dennis's lounge until he finds a residence. Dennis would really need to keep his hands on his drink or in his pockets. They would be a difficult (awkward) pair of teammates. Don't think Bud wants anything to do with that combo.    

4 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

One all star and one player who made the all star game once for another all star.

Or put another way

Two guys who made the all star game 4 times in 17 combined years (in the EAST) for one guy who made the all star game twice in 6 years (in the WEST).  And the two that are traded away are both older and play positions where we already have starters available  (if Horf resigns). Couz is younger, more talented, and plays a position of need.

Is he a short fused loco? Sure. But he can be kept in check enough. If there wasn't room to improve, then he wouldn't be attainable. 

Eff it. I love Boogie. Bring him aboard. I ain't scurd. You'll never get ahead if you don't take chances. No one's gonna trade you a quarter for a couple of dimes, so you better pay if you want to play.

He can be kept in check"enough"?  Based on what?

You're combining 2 separate arguments. (1) Should we make big-time changes? Yes. (2) Should we gut the team (which is what it'll take) to re-create SAC-south?  Absolutely not.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He can be kept in check"enough"?  Based on what?

You're combining 2 separate arguments. (1) Should we make big-time changes? Yes. (2) Should we gut the team (which is what it'll take) to re-create SAC-south?  Absolutely not.

Based on his time at UK for one thing. He had more discipline his one year under Coach Cal than at any time he's played on that billion dollar AAU team.

2. It wouldn't be gutting the team trading away a PF and PG if you still have starting caliber PF and PG on your team. Plus a higher draft pick that is likely to be much more valuable than the one you traded away.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Based on his time at UK for one thing. He had more discipline his one year under Coach Cal than at any time he's played on that billion dollar AAU team.

2. It wouldn't be gutting the team trading away a PF and PG if you still have starting caliber PF and PG on your team. Plus a higher draft pick that is likely to be much more valuable than the one you traded away.

In no NBA lockeroom, city, roster, whatever setting you want to name will there be anything akin to a college-type atmosphere of "control" on these grown(sic) men so that's not even relevant.  And surely that UK team won 2 titles that year with all that talent and discipline, right?

You do make a good point that he's been part of a mickey mouse organization.  However, the idea that he'll automatically straighten up elsewhere is just wishful thinking.  Add on top of that the fact that ATL is the closest NBA city to his hometown and there's an added dimension of potential trouble the Kings never had to deal with.

SAC isn't accepting that piddly offer when other teams can offer more.  So like I said, to get their attention (which is what matters), we'd have to gut our team.

As much antics as Rodman, Artest and Rasheed had on the court, there teammates loved them and would  go to bat for them. The same can't  be said for Cousins. At some  point he has to ask himself 'is it me and not everyone and everything else'. He's  taken no ownership of his behaviour. 

• Premium Member

I think Cousins would pair well with Sap and Sap could be a great influence on him.  Unfortunately, you have Sap going to Sac in the trade.   I don't know if Horf does the same thing influence wise.

Also, I don't see Sactown giving up on Cousins anytime soon.  They just changed coaches and I suspect he would like a shot at mentoring the best bigman in the game.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

They just changed coaches and I suspect he would like a shot at mentoring the best bigman in the game.

Joeger is a no-nonsense guy and I'm sure he imparted as much to Divac and the Kings' (Br)ass during the interview process.  Cousins isn't smart enough to improve his defensive acumen and effort, he  won't be there long.

He has all the traits our fans love: Not hustling back on defense, arguing with refs instead of hustling, constantly whining about calls, getting lots of technicals, making sure he gets his stats, not making his team better, horrible attitude.

After the support players like Shareef and Josh Smith got, he'd fit right in.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Joeger is a no-nonsense guy and I'm sure he imparted as much to Divac and the Kings' (Br)ass during the interview process.  Cousins isn't smart enough to improve his defensive acumen and effort, he  won't be there long.

I consider Cousins the best big man playing.  If he were all the sudden available, I think we'd be dumb not to take a flyer on him.

• Premium Member

Sac isn't trading Boogie. And frankly he's in the closest you can get to Green Bay for the NBA. He needs to stay in a town where he can't get into too much trouble. Boogie as a Hawk would end in complete disaster.

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Sac isn't trading Boogie. And frankly he's in the closest you can get to Green Bay for the NBA. He needs to stay in a town where he can't get into too much trouble. Boogie as a Hawk would end in complete disaster.

I've never heard of Boogie with any off court troubles.

It's is on court stuff compounded by just being a bad locker room guy.  That's not a winning formula.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've never heard of Boogie with any off court troubles.

It's is on court stuff compounded by just being a bad locker room guy.  That's not a winning formula.

Agreed.  I've got questions about him being a head case but I've not seen any off court troubles with him.  He was pretty locked in during his time at UK and a hell of a talent.  If we are going to gamble, it is a high upside, low downside gamble.  It would sure be interesting.