• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Budenholzer and Wes Wilcox will pull a major reach tonight. You can count on it.

willthepureshooter

From the recent news of Teague's departure I'm getting an unsettling feeling regarding tonight's draft and our choice.  This isn't a strong draft by any means and the talent will drop off tremendously after the 6th pick. If Teague's deal was contingent on us moving up to the first 4 selections, then this was a terrible calculation on Bud and Wes. I don't see how any of the big men in the draft help us immediately. And the wing we could've gotten at #21 (Taurean Prince) would've been the answer to a big need. Prepare yourself as, "Winters coming to Phillips Arena." We need a real GM pronto.

But hey, what are your thoughts? Do we make a jaw-dropping deal and head into free agency stronger, or do we nose dive into the 8th or 9th seed after Horford walks?

2 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

From the recent news of Teague's departure I'm getting an unsettling feeling regarding tonight's draft and our choice.  This isn't a strong draft by any means and the talent will drop off tremendously after the 6th pick. If Teague's deal was contingent on us moving up to the first 4 selections, then this was a terrible calculation on Bud and Wes. I don't see how any of the big men in the draft help us immediately. And the wing we could've gotten at #21 (Taurean Prince) would've been the answer to a big need. Prepare yourself as, "Winters coming to Phillips Arena." We need a real GM pronto.

But hey, what are your thoughts? Do we make a jaw-dropping deal and head into free agency stronger, or do we nose dive into the 8th or 9th seed after Horford walks?

God bless can't wait for tonight so you and the rest of the skeptics will shut your collective pie holes about this deal. 

1.Horford is going NOWHERE

2.Hawks will remain a top 5 team in the east

3.The Hawk are getting younger one way or the other tonight 

4.And we also just saved 8 million in cap space

• Like 4

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We probably gonna trade up and the Kings will land him.

I wish we could get him tbh if we're serious about staying with our picks. He has elite passing skills and basketball IQ and we know he comes from great DNA.

58 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm waiting until tonight to pass judgment, but y'all are crazy if you think losing Jeff Teague makes that much of an impact unless it also means losing both starters that are a free agent in FA. Then, we can talk.

It sure does make an impact.  Losing a starting point guard who was an All Star two years ago is a big impact.  Inserting a back up point guard who has potential, but isn't close to starting and subsequently losing your back up point here as well. 

• Like 1

My thoughts are that the front office has zero idea what they want or what is going on.  They made this trade to shed Jeff's contract and create *valuable* cap space.  What is the most likely scenario is the Hawks panic because somewhere in their minds they thought acquiring  a late lottery pick is enough to move up in the draft.  I am giving them too much credit, but I think the plan was to package the first round picks in order to move up.  This isn't the NFL where first round picks actually mean something.  No smart team is going to want to move back to acquire multiple first round selections in a talent deprived draft such as this.  They will realize this around pick 7 tonight and then will be scrambling when they are on the clock. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

It sure does make an impact.  Losing a starting point guard who was an All Star two years ago is a big impact.  Inserting a back up point guard who has potential, but isn't close to starting and subsequently losing your back up point here as well.

We're not talking about a superstar here, we're talking about a guy in which you never know what you're going to get out of from him. If he tapped into what he showed at his best at least 80% of the time, then sure, he should have been kept but he only did about 50% of the time.

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am legit scared we will trade the 12 pick for the 20th and Jarrett Jack

@NBASupesSeriously?????

You should know better.  A soon to be 33 year old Jarrett Jack coming off an achilles injury???  You've gone Diesel-esque with this one.

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am legit scared we will trade the 12 pick for the 20th and Jarrett Jack

I don't think we are even this dumb. Key word is think...:-(

I dunno why but I'm smelling Trevor Ariza or Wesley Mathews. If this happened, I'm not sure how I'd feel...:-|

They seem to be a couple vets that could be on the table. Any thoughts?