• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Budenholzer and Wes Wilcox will pull a major reach tonight. You can count on it.

willthepureshooter

51 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

This is out there but any chance we trade sap+12+21 for Marc Gasol?

Then move Horford to pf

terrible .
1.  Marc Gasol and Al Horford are two of the worst defensive rebounding bigs in the Nba.
Put them both together, and it would be - put back city- for the other team.
2 .Gasol , coming off a season ending injury aint worth Sap + 12 + 21

I'm one of the few that thinks Horford is worse off at Pf, because he loses the advantage that he has by centers not wanting to come out and defend his jumpshot.

Edited by pimp

16 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Marc Gasol is a pathetic rebounder to be such a big guy.  I don't understand the fascination with him.

He's an excellent defensive player , and would bring some much needed  toughest to this team, but  yes, he's a crappy rebounder. 

Sounds like that reach could be Malik Beasley.

Not sure how to feel about that. He's a guy that is a reach now that may not look like one three years later, IF his legs issue doesn't turn out to be a more major issue. Some say that if he stayed in college he could have become a Buddy Hield type player, and Hield's going in the top 8.

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Just the fact that I am not 100% confident is more than enough for me to want BudCox fired. These two clowns really making me mad. 

• Mad over something that has not happened...O-tay.   Perspective buddy.  Did your sources clue you in on the Teague trade?

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Not sure how to feel about that. He's a guy that is a reach now that may not look like one three years later, IF his legs issue doesn't turn out to be a more major issue. Some say that if he stayed in college he could have become a Buddy Hield type player, and Hield's going in the top 8.

He's already a better player than Hield was as a freshman / sophomore with more athletic upside. 

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I like Beasley, but was hoping his injury issue would make him fall to us at #21.

5 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

God bless can't wait for tonight so you and the rest of the skeptics will shut your collective pie holes about this deal. 

1.Horford is going NOWHERE 

2.Hawks will remain a top 5 team in the east

3.The Hawk are getting younger one way or the other tonight 

4.And we also just saved 8 million in cap space

1. For the cost , he absolutely should go somewhere. Why pay him the max? He's only gotten worse the past 3 seasons. 

2. And that means....?

3. They absolutely need to. 

4. See #2

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mdizzle5 said:
5 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

God bless can't wait for tonight so you and the rest of the skeptics will shut your collective pie holes about this deal. 

1.Horford is going NOWHERE 

2.Hawks will remain a top 5 team in the east

3.The Hawk are getting younger one way or the other tonight 

4.And we also just saved 8 million in cap space

2. And that means....?

The Hawks keep doing this.
6LIiH4A.gif

Edited by pimp
  • Like 3

• Moderators
8 hours ago, willthepureshooter said:

From the recent news of Teague's departure I'm getting an unsettling feeling regarding tonight's draft and our choice.  This isn't a strong draft by any means and the talent will drop off tremendously after the 6th pick. If Teague's deal was contingent on us moving up to the first 4 selections, then this was a terrible calculation on Bud and Wes. I don't see how any of the big men in the draft help us immediately. And the wing we could've gotten at #21 (Taurean Prince) would've been the answer to a big need. Prepare yourself as, "Winters coming to Phillips Arena." We need a real GM pronto.

But hey, what are your thoughts? Do we make a jaw-dropping deal and head into free agency stronger, or do we nose dive into the 8th or 9th seed after Horford walks?

Congrats.  Reach prediction achieved.

• Like 4