• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder - Hawks Starting PG

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, GameTime said:

If Dennis can put up 20-5-8 with 1.6 steals a game (which he did per 36 this year), those are all-star numbers.

There's no way he hits those numbers next season. I'm glad he feels he's up to the challenge and I do value his intensity, but he better improve his decision making or he will become this board's next whipping boy.

I suspect Dennis reels back in the amount of shots he takes as a starter a bit. He did a little when he would start, but at the same time made some dumb decisions.

I suspect he puts up about 15-7-4 on 43%/33%/82%. But the likely best case scenario turnover wise for the 16/17 season is 3.6 TOs.

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Yes he did.  Then he threw it all away by pounding the ball too long, passing on an open 10 ft runner,  drove into traffic, and got the ball stuffed in his face with no time to reload.  He has fantastic physical skills, but is completely brainless.

Hes 22..

• Like 1

I just get a kick out of the fact that Bud brought in a system based on precision passing - selflessness - hitting the open man - and basically opened the league's eyes to the fact that this is a system that can work.  We won 60 games and got to the ECFs.

Now we are handing over the starting PG duties to a Wildman...and Indy has our starting PG from that season for the price of a 12th pick - who - IF he develops to the stature of Jeff Teague - it will be a major success story.  But hey - this is Atlanta...if it ain't broke we still try to fix it.

Edited by DJlaysitup
add note
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hes 22..

OK.  It's OK to be stupid at 22?  Why wouldn't he have learned these things when he was a kid?  You're the shortest man on the floor.  You're driving into a bunch of guys 6" to 1' taller than you are.   It's only after age 22 that he should be able to figure that out?

2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

OK.  It's OK to be stupid at 22?  Why wouldn't he have learned these things when he was a kid?  You're the shortest man on the floor.  You're driving into a bunch of guys 6" to 1' taller than you are.   It's only after age 22 that he should be able to figure that out?

I guess at 22 you were perfect at your job., smh.

At 22 it means he has a lot to still learn and the hope with any young player is that with experience and repitition they improve on what they have already and work to reduce the mistakes.

You people need too get off Teague BAL- you forks keep saying ALL STAR POINT GUARD he got LUCKY to huv made it bc other real all star point guard were injured. DS17 will put up better numbers than 15-7-4. Stop throwing  shade DS17 way and when Teague got his start he was just as  reckless . DS17  brings it n the playoffs an that's sum thing Teague never did n his career. Tha draft i really wanted Taurean Prince and Furkan korkmaz or Domantas Sabonis. 

53 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

It's not going to happen. He is an erratic volume scorer that doesn't make his teammates that much better.

It'll be his first off season as starter. I'm sure now that Bud trusts him as a starter, he'll play within the system vs. playing on the 2nd unit where nobody can really create their own shot. 

Since he is by far the youngest part of our core I expect him to be the single player to play more than 36 minutes a game. Especially if no contributing backup is found.  That's why I also expect him to play above average minutes with the 2nd unit. This may help him to master the transition into a more in control player because unless some firepower is acquired for the bench he will may be advised to play under control with the starters but getting the green light to shoot with the backups. So he doesn't have to change his pace and style at once completely.

Edited by rd79

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, GameTime said:

If Dennis can put up 20-5-8 with 1.6 steals a game (which he did per 36 this year), those are all-star numbers.

I don't care about his overall numbers unless his efficiency doesn't improve markedly. Those numbers may get him into an All-Star game, but unless he ups his %s and drops his turnover rate it won't lead to wins. 

Having said that, I fully expect Dennis to improve A LOT this year now that he doesn't need to worry about surpassing Teague and can just focus on running the team. I look for his overall production to drop on a per minute basis but for his efficiency to increase and for him to be much more calmer and less of a ball-hog now that he knows he's the man.

The Hawks are transitioning from an old team to a very young team, and Dennis will be leading the charge. 

Edited by Atlantaholic

Teague Teague Teague Teague Teague Teague man F Teague DS17 will surpass tha wins  value bc  defense wins games defense people Teague was a ball watching player that didn't play good defense DS 17 plays much better defense than Teague and he is not some ball watcher like Teague which lost his man a lot of times. People the stats and numbers show that the Hawks were a better team on defense sides of the court with DS17 on the court than Teague and The offensive side was equal...