• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who will we acquire to fill the minutes at PG?

sturt

• Premium Member

I've done almost no homework this off-season compared to most off-seasons, so I don't pretend to have anything more than a haphazard guess.... but I'm going to say Brandon Jennings is on the list, if not at the top of it. He seems to me to check all the boxes (not the least of which was that we were once rumored to be interested in acquiring him), and even the negatives about him only serve to bring down his likely cost, which then, is a positive.

Agree, disagree, and/or have another better idea?

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

I've done almost no homework this off-season compared to most off-seasons, so I don't pretend to have anything more than a haphazard guess.... but I'm going to say Brandon Jennings is on the list, if not at the top of it. He seems to me to check all the boxes (not the least of which was that we were once rumored to be interested in acquiring him), and even the negatives about him only serve to bring down his likely cost, which then, is a positive.

Well, all the FA pg's this year besides Conley suck. I think we have to look for a BU point guard in trades. Also, I don't think Jennings fits our style of play, IMHO 

What Spud2Nique said but I think Jennings coming off the bench would not be a bad thing. There is a reason Indy, Philly, Knicks, and the Bucks have been after Teague or Schröder for the past one, two, three seasons. Solid PGs who don't lose you games are hard to find right now.

Edited by Buzzard

2 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Not bad, but Bud would probably rip a coronary with having TWO point guards who can't shoot...

I really don't think Bud is concerned with filling our PG spot with someone who can shoot. I think he's looking for more effectiveness and someone who can contribute. Which is why I think a guy like MCW,Lin,or Livingston would work well here. Plus with their size it makes for a great compliment to Schröder an his quickness. 

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Brandon Jennings or anyone who's good at PnR and scoring off the bench. 

If we get Jennings then Bud gets another DUI...ya

Our backup pg situation HAS to be through a trade. None of those FA fit our price range. Unless of course we do some kind of a sign n trade with Memphis for Conley. Would you trade Marc Gasol and Conley for Horford and Dennis?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, MrYellow said:

I'd say the profile would be a guy with experience and adaptability to our style...

Please NO Dellavedova, NO MCW;

My guess is Felton or Sessions.

Yes to Dirty  Dellabaddova.

I want footage from the first day of Practice when Korver see Dirty D.

• Like 2

We should ask that Utah includes Mack in our trade. As far as we know, that trade is not officially done, so Quinn could do us a solid like we did during the season when they needed one. We could also re-sign Hinrich, and maybe Patterson can also help.

But definitely no to Felton, Jennings, or MCW. I'd be ok with Delly if he wasn't the biggest dirtbag in the NBA...maybe Lin, but only if he takes under $5 mil/yr which I doubt.

2 hours ago, sturt said:

I recall Ferry was after him a few summers ago.

• Like 2