• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SummerHawks

lethalweapon3

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Grant Hill was interviewed - someone can post video.

Can someone post Bud's interview he did with NBA TV the second game? I can't find it anywhere.

I'm really impressed with Prince's ball-handling. It is not as bad as I thought it would be. If he can keep improving his handles he can be a star in this system.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Can someone post Bud's interview he did with NBA TV the second game? I can't find it anywhere.

I'm really impressed with Prince's ball-handling. It is not as bad as I thought it would be. If he can keep improving his handles he can be a star in this system.

I like what saw from Prince on both ends of the court. I wish he could have played in all 3 games but I think we have 2 good players for the future in Prince & Bembry.

• Like 2

Wes Wilcox: we are still looking at the market place for backup bigs with the uncertainty of Tiago's health. He's doing well but still looking.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I saw that and wondered.   Don't be Jeffy with the low tops creating bum ankles, son.

From the last sports med conference I went to, latest research was suggesting low tops with ankle braces for the lowest risk of severe ankle sprain.  I have not looked for any follow up studies since then but it was an interesting topic and conclusion.

• Premium Member

I liked what I saw from Prince. He's nowhere near the DMC we had during our 60 win season but I can see him being similar to first year DMC at some point next year. He can put the ball on the floor, nice jump shot, had a couple of shots that he just missed after he drove to the basket.

Bembry didn't play as well but I came away thinking his jump shot isn't as bad as some think it is. He hit a nice 3, had a couple of baskets taken away due to illegal screens. If he can rebound and pass like he did yesterday I think he will get some minutes this year.

Cordinier had a nice dunk at the very end and almost ran all the way down to block another one. He's very athletic.

I missed bits and pieces but it seemed we weren't hitting threes and had a lot of turnovers. Our assist total was probably 1/3 of what we had on Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wes Wilcox: we are still looking at the market place for backup bigs with the uncertainty of Tiago's health. He's doing well but still looking.

If we can find a way to dump Splitter and pick up Humph, we would be in good shape.  2 years 9 mill with a team option should do it...

Like everyone else, I was really liked what I saw out of Prince. Showed a solid all-around game. He was creating good looks for himself and his teammates. I saw him go up strong for a couple of rebounds and he made a play or two on defense. He did gamble once and give up a dunk, though. Physically, he definitely looks ready to play SF in the NBA. Encouraging first game. 

Patterson was probably the most disappointing. He looked good in the first two games (at least the parts I saw), but he was coming up short over and over again today. Also, I think Edy would block more shots if he didn't load up for a full tomahawk chop so often.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

What's damn incredible when you think about it... Prince did what he did w/ practically zero time practicing, if any at all. If there were ever a year when we need to see rookies step up and demand floor time, this is it, and at least Summer League so far suggests there's some reason for hope on that front.

Don't get me wrong.... I'm still hard to be persuaded that either Bembry or Prince will be rotation guys for any extent... but at least, again, it seems they might both be capable of making a case for Bud to consider it.

• Like 3