• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Meeting With Dwight

Misha Owens

12 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Believe its both. The reputation as a Diva is not very positive. We're playing in a team sport here. 

OK we can try to develop a 30 yr olds mental make up because he is still full of potential. 

I mean this dude is so desperate he is tourniquet training his legs. Think this thru fellas

I forgot Sap will likely opt out of his contract after this season. Then next year he will want some insane amount of money for 2-3 years. I can see why the Hawks are pursuing  Howard. I have mix feeling with regard to Howard. I'll be honest I won't be upset if we do sign him. Last 30 year old Center we sign I believe about 20 years ago turn out quite well for us.

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Oh, I acknowledge that the meeting is happening.  The level of interest Howard has in playing here is what I question.  And, 'why not play for Atlanta now'?  For the same reasons he never wanted to play here before, most of which appear to have to do with non-basketball stuff that hasn't changed since his last bout with free agency.

I think the intimation was that Sap would bench it.  He probably wouldn't like it but he doesn't strike me as a guy who'd put his foot down over starting.

I do think you have a blindspot when it comes to Alice.  In the Al v Howard comparison, I can see the merits of each.  They both bring somewhat different things to the table.  It's almost like they don't play the same position.  I think that's what you miss.  You seem to be thinking, "well al does this and dwight can't, therefore howard is no good".  It's not necessarily that simple.

The Hawks just traded away their 2nd leading scorer and now we bench the leading scorer? Especially when a Horford/Howard front court wouldn't score many points.

26 minutes ago, Afro said:

If we ARE trading millsap, could we not deal him to Toronto in a SnT? Don't they love millsap? 

I would consider a deal with Portland with McCollum as the main piece. Chicago with Butler or Milwaukee with Middleton too. 

hace 27 minutos, RamblinCharger dijo:

He's not a 3. Not the way NBA teams are moving further from the basket. He's a stretch 4 and should stay there.

I think people must understand this. No way we are playing Millsap, Horford and Howard together. And there is no way one of them is coming off the bench.

3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

From Paul Millsap on NBA Radio:

He also says he would have no problem playing the three if he had advanced notice.  Said that Al playing the four would help Al and that Dwight would make them better.

Oh no.. Please snap out of it Sap

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, DS5 said:

There's no way Howard will take anything under $20 mil, and there will be teams willing to pay. That said, IF we can sign him at $15 mil, that'd be considered one of the best values, right up there with the original 2 year deal on Sap. 

I would  give him 3 yrs 60 Million with an opt out next year. 

Because that would allow us to have enough to also sign Baze if we either trade Splitter or give him a stretch provision. 

Let's make it happen and create the best defensive team in the League... this time for real.