• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Source: Hawks are currently exploring sign and trade options for Al Horford & trades for Paul Millsap

GameTime

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Officially putting to rest the big three hypothesis. Was excited upon the initial prospects of a big three, but upon further review and taking into account the upcoming 2017 off-season with Dennis and Millsap both needing new deals, it became obvious that we will need to trade one of the big three in order to have a sustainable core for the next few years.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

This is why I hate social media.. It has its great things but everyone acting like they are scoopers is annoying as fck

I love sap to death but I think the middle is too clogged with Sap, Horford and Dwight. It's great in theory but I'm not sure how it would work out on the court. If we want Horford back, then I think we might need to trade Paul for young pieces that are cheaper and provide us with more natural wing players. I still think we can run Baze at the 3 but I guess that requires Kyle to start at the 2. 

I love sap, I love Horford, and I love Korver. They are all throw back old school guys and losing any of them makes me sad, but bringing them all back now seems nearly impossible. 

Lets see see if Bud can work his magic.

7 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

Oh that's the fool on NBA radio always hating on the Hawks.. FCK him

He had Shams on the air just as these twits came out so that's probably hus "source".  However, Shams made it clear that the Hawks preference is to keep all 3.  Are exploring trade options if it doesn't work out.  Geltzeiler seems to be putting a hundred on ten here.

• Premium Member
Just now, LamarHampton said:

I want to see the big three dammit. I don't care what it costs- it's not my money. Deal with salary problems of next year when you have to: next year. Dammit.

Big three is too expensive and won't give us a championship next year. Rounding out the roster and freeing up some more capspace for next year to max Schro and add another piece is what makes sense long term. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Why not just trade Splitter.

Because you need another team to actually WANT Splitter in order to trade him. Splitter's value right now after a pretty serious hip surgery is probably down in the dirt. Even if we find a partner to take on Splitter anything we sent to a team wanting Splitter salary wise is coming right back at us. Basically every team in the league is coveting cap space right now with the way the FA market is shaping up. 

I give these reports zero creedance and so should everyone else.  You guys/gals know by now everything being reported is just click bait.  Bazemore news broke and from what I recall there wasn't much leading up to it.  Be patient and continue to talk up Dwight Howard as the greatest of all time.  

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I give these reports zero creedance and so should everyone else.  You guys/gals know by now everything being reported is just click bait.  Bazemore news broke and from what I recall there wasn't much leading up to it.  Be patient and continue to talk up Dwight Howard as the greatest of all time.  

lol.

I do agree with the sentiment of not overreacting to every tweet. Nobody saw  the Bazemore signing coming.

31 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Big three is too expensive and won't give us a championship next year. Rounding out the roster and freeing up some more capspace for next year to max Schro and add another piece is what makes sense long term. 

This. Why tie up so much money in the front court?

I could understand if the Hawks already had consistent scoring from the PG and SG spots. They don't. Folks are going to be furious  next season when a team like GS or Cleveland is lighting them up and the Hawks can't match em. 

Don't get me started on the droughts this team could potentially see in the playoffs.  You gotta be able to score in the NBA man.