• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks got Dwight, but who's going to be the "go to guy"?

Spursfanpeacemaker

Hawks making some big changes, Horf, and Teague are both  gone, Dwight joining Hawks which really helps a lot because he is a strong rebounder, but i still worry about his free throws.. a.k.a HACK-A-DWIGHT

Every contending teams has a go to guy, and Hawks still doesn't have one, will Hawks ever planning to get one??? 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Not a chance in hell.  This team is garbage. 

We will see. You need to not let your Horford emotions get the best of you. Dwight/Sap is a strong 5/4....one of the tops in the east for sure. Will Dennis taking over. Top 4. Teague's lack of court vision and Horford fear of contact were holding us back.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Not a chance in hell.  This team is garbage. 

We are better on paper than we were last year. Dwight has more impact on a game than Horford. He wants to be here and is the better player overall. 

With the 3rd pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, the Atlanta Hawks select Jonathan Isaac, Forward.

But seriously, Dennis.

Sap isn't a closer and Howard can't be on the floor with the 'hack' stuff, so Dennis is da guy!

2 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

We are better on paper than we were last year. 

How? 

1 minute ago, RWF said:

With the 3rd pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, the Atlanta Hawks select Jonathan Isaac, Forward.

But seriously, Dennis.

Sap isn't a closer and Howard can't be on the floor with the 'hack' stuff, so Dennis is da guy!

Dennis not a closer although he will be our closer. Sap is a terrible clutch player and D12 is an awful one. 

Edited by NBASupes

Can see the Hawks dropping far down in the east.  Cleveland, Toronto, Miami, Indiana, Detroit, Washington, and Boston are all better than this team.  They are gonna be battling New York for the 8th seed.  Take that to the bank.  

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can see the Hawks dropping far down in the east.  Cleveland, Toronto, Miami, Indiana, Detroit, Washington, and Boston are all better than this team.  They are gonna be battling New York for the 8th seed.  Take that to the bank.  

Detroit, Milwaukee and Charlotte is clearly better as well.  I would be more shocked if we don't trade Millsap by ASB or before that than anything else. 

This team has no communication on offense and defense, no offensive flow, Poor shooting, no bench scoring, no starting scoring that's efficient, poor movement off the ball by bigs, average screening, limited defensive sets due to D12, they might need to play Splitter more, low consistency potential, limited potential in the starting five, average passing and in general, a transition defense nightmare and a weak bench.

The positives are we have more size, more inside scoring options, more rebounding chances, more exciting players and more exciting plays. I don't really have many positives. The offense which was already average is now bad and the defense which was great is now just below average. This team reminds me of the Glenn Robinson era Hawks. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Horford is an elite glue guy but not an elite player.

Put simply, he was on a team that was completely stuck, and it dates back to pre Ferry days as to why. Outside of money, this team had ZERO ASSETS in ways to improve the team.

You're not getting a good small forward by trading backups.

Nor a good shooting guard.

The most you can get for a Teague/Schröder expiring is a solid player that won't move the needle.

So they had one choice if they kept Al Horford, and it was to be content to be the Memphis of the east. Good, but not a contender.

If Al Horford stayed in Atlanta, I would have set the over under at titles while he's still playing at 1, and honestly taken the under. 

4 minutes ago, RWF said:

Orlando gunning for a playoff spot too.

I am not sold on them. Biyombo was a bad signing unless Evan F. turns into a legit 20 PPG scorer and Hezonja grows as well.  They have been more talented than us for the last three years and we have been in the playoffs and they have been in the lottery. I just don't buy their offense but they improve their fit so maybe just maybe. I need to see it to believe it I would say but it could work. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Detroit, Milwaukee and Charlotte is clearly better as well.  I would be more shocked if we don't trade Millsap by ASB or before that than anything else. 

This team has no communication on offense and defense, no offensive flow, Poor shooting, no bench scoring, no starting scoring that's efficient, poor movement off the ball by bigs, average screening, limited defensive sets due to D12, they might need to play Splitter more, low consistency potential, limited potential in the starting five, average passing and in general, a transition defense nightmare and a weak bench.

The positives are we have more size, more inside scoring options, more rebounding chances, more exciting players and more exciting plays. I don't really have many positives. The offense which was already average is now bad and the defense which was great is now just below average. This team reminds me of the Glenn Robinson era Hawks. 

CHARLOTTE? LMAO. 

Bruh just take a break for few days. Youve lost it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol...so Horford=Michael Jordan

good to know.

Just now, Afro said:

CHARLOTTE? LMAO. 

Bruh just take a break for few days. Youve lost it. 

Why are posters down on Charlotte? They had the same record with a lot of injuries to extremely impactful players. To me, their one of the best teams but MKG has to stay healthy. 

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...so Horford=Michael Jordan

good to know.

For this team in this system, you damn right he's MJ for us. This team is build around him. No one else. You can say, Dwight is as talented. Hell you can say Rondo is as talented as Conley but one is very impactful and impacts the win column and the other isn't and no one really wants him. I am all about impact. Now, there are guys who everyone sees there impact: Duncan, Jordan, Hakeem, James, etc. Then there are guys who people don't see it unless they pay attention: Horford, Noah, Rodman, etc. I am glad Horford will finally get that top tier attention with Durant. He deserves to be seen as an elite player he is since no one likes watching us but us. Like Noah said, Al is one of the best but no one knows because he's in Atlanta. That will soon change. 

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not sold on them. Biyombo was a bad signing unless Evan F. turns into a legit 20 PPG scorer and Hezonja grows as well.  They have been more talented than us for the last three years and we have been in the playoffs and they have been in the lottery. I just don't buy their offense but they improve their fit so maybe just maybe. I need to see it to believe it I would say but it could work. 

Vogel is a damn good coach though. Should be interesting.

• Like 1