• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks got Dwight, but who's going to be the "go to guy"?

Spursfanpeacemaker

I see Dwight as a negative impact guy in as a key option. Now as a 6th man, he's fine right now like Jamal Crawford but at this stage, he's not a key player, if you use him as such, you will pay a price.  Is he talented? Yes. Can he put a better numbers than Al? Of course but he will he win? Hell naw. That's my problem with this. You took an top tier impact guy and replaced him with a washed up former star who is a shell of himself and you think that's gonna win games? How Sway? 

1 minute ago, RWF said:

Vogel is a damn good coach though. Should be interesting.

Indeed. Vogel gets the most of our his personnel. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

For this team in this system, you damn right he's MJ for us. This team is build around him. No one else. You can say, Dwight is as talented. Hell you can say Rondo is as talented as Conley but one is very impactful and impacts the win column and the other isn't and no one really wants him. I am all about impact. Now, there are guys who everyone sees there impact: Duncan, Jordan, Hakeem, James, etc. Then there are guys who people don't see it unless they pay attention: Horford, Noah, Rodman, etc. I am glad Horford will finally get that top tier attention with Durant. He deserves to be seen as an elite player he is since no one likes watching us but us. Like Noah said, Al is one of the best but no one knows because he's in Atlanta. That will soon change. 

Lol...he's MJ for us? He's not MJ for anyone. He is soft and scared to mix it up with any bigs in the NBA. And today, I found out the guy has no loyalty. He's not leading Boston anywhere. I doubt the Celts will even get out of the 1st round of the playoffs. By the time the Celts mature with their young guys, Horford will be washed up. 

Atlanta>Boston

still...

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...he's MJ for us? He's not MJ for anyone. He is soft and scared to mix it up with any bigs in the NBA. And today, I found out the guy has no loyalty. He's not leading Boston anywhere. I doubt the Celts will even get out of the 1st round of the playoffs. By the time the Celts mature with their young guys, Horford will be washed up. 

Atlanta>Boston

still...

This is your opinion and one I don't agree with but Al is no longer here and we got D12 instead. 

As for loyalty, were about to cut players. This is a business, no one has loyalty. 

46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Detroit, Milwaukee and Charlotte is clearly better as well.  I would be more shocked if we don't trade Millsap by ASB or before that than anything else. 

This team has no communication on offense and defense, no offensive flow, Poor shooting, no bench scoring, no starting scoring that's efficient, poor movement off the ball by bigs, average screening, limited defensive sets due to D12, they might need to play Splitter more, low consistency potential, limited potential in the starting five, average passing and in general, a transition defense nightmare and a weak bench.

The positives are we have more size, more inside scoring options, more rebounding chances, more exciting players and more exciting plays. I don't really have many positives. The offense which was already average is now bad and the defense which was great is now just below average. This team reminds me of the Glenn Robinson era Hawks. 

You also have to worry about Dennis and Howard since their both head strong players.

It could get ugly this season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I see Dwight as a negative impact guy in as a key option. Now as a 6th man, he's fine right now like Jamal Crawford but at this stage, he's not a key player, if you use him as such, you will pay a price.  Is he talented? Yes. Can he put a better numbers than Al? Of course but he will he win? Hell naw. That's my problem with this. You took an top tier impact guy and replaced him with a washed up former star who is a shell of himself and you think that's gonna win games? How Sway? 

I like how you called Dwight a washed up former star which i kinda agree lol

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Howard is the kind of player that could be impactful if he traded to be Deke... You know, rebound and play defense and just score enough to make defenses honest. He's not going to be that guy though... He thinks of himself as a superstar and bloated stats is what matters to him.

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Howard is the kind of player that could be impactful if he traded to be Deke... You know, rebound and play defense and just score enough to make defenses honest. He's not going to be that guy though... He thinks of himself as a superstar and bloated stats is what matters to him.

He can't be Deke if he wanted to. Mentally, he's not that dude and he lacks fundamentals like Josh. This was probably the NBA saying, get him so you can sell tickets. 

4 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

You also have to worry about Dennis and Howard since their both head strong players.

It could get ugly this season.

What im worried about Dennis is that he likes to play  way too aggressive that sometimes ending up in turnovers and always look to score first,  instead of making plays for his teammates.

For Dwight, i worried about his free throws, opposing teams will take advantage of  HACK-A-DWIGHT strategy in pressured moments.

7 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

You do realize this: 

Zaza in his last two years has trended higher than Dwight. Zaza who only had heart, fundamentals and toughness is now improving more than Dwight. This game is becoming more of a BBIQ and fundamentals game. Guys like Dwight are falling by the wayside. Dwight should be with them but his name still carries weight. Look at Diesel, this dude thinks we are getting prime Dwight and some with Bud's coaching. This is the same Bud that was outcoached by a rookie Ty Lue and Lionel Hollins. 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You do realize this: 

Zaza in his last two years has trended higher than Dwight. Zaza who only had heart, fundamentals and toughness is now improving more than Dwight. This game is becoming more of a BBIQ and fundamentals game. Guys like Dwight are falling by the wayside. Dwight should be with them but his name still carries weight. Look at Diesel, this dude thinks we are getting prime Dwight and some with Bud's coaching. This is the same Bud that was outcoached by a rookie Ty Lue and Lionel Hollins. 

I have no faith in Bud at all.

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I worried about Dennis reaching his potential with this personnel grouping. 

He will be better with Dwight because Dwight will catch alley oops and throw them down vs Alice who would pop out and miss a shot. Also, Dennis can play the passing lanes more on defense knowing a shot blocker is behind him in Dwight and not a scared Alice.

This move actually helps Dennis become a possible all star this year.

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

He will be better with Dwight because Dwight will catch alley oops and throw them down vs Alice who would pop out and miss a shot. Also, Dennis can play the passing lanes more on defense knowing a shot blocker is behind him in Dwight and not a scared Alice.

This move actually helps Dennis become a possible all star this year.

Man, Josh Smith caught Alleys. He sucked at being effective at PnP and no one respected his PnR. I know some of you are going to call me a Debbie Downer and rightfully so but there is a reason I look at Mike Conley and say he's one of the most underrated players in the NBA and best PG's while I look at Rondo who is just as talented and I say, Rondo kinda sucks. Two players can have the same talent and be totally night and day different in terms of impact. Prime example is Josh Smith and Al Horford. I had faith that Dennis was going to be a solid PG this year with hopes of being a good PG but I am not so sure now. I will just let it play out. 

Edited by NBASupes

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You're right, we have lost such a tremendous closer who brought us so far in the playoff on his own.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Hawks making some big changes, Horf, and Teague are both  gone, Dwight joining Hawks which really helps a lot because he is a strong rebounder, but i still worry about his free throws.. a.k.a HACK-A-DWIGHT

Every contending teams has a go to guy, and Hawks still doesn't have one, will Hawks ever planning to get one??? 

We can combat the Hack-a-Dwight by having Tiago or hopefully Humph on the floor at center in the last two or three minutes of our games. Both hit their foul shots and can play solid defense.