• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where's the Hawk PRIDE around here??

Diesel

44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Volman... We have been here for years crying for a rim protector and crying for a real Center.   We have been here watching 2 PFs give a really good effort and only getting part of the way.  NOW.. We got somebody that Tristan Thompson won't dominate.  That Lebron won't just run past.  Now we have the defensive center that matches our defensive PF.  Let's quit with all this tank talk and all this give up talk and the nasty, filty welfare mentality and let's get ready for the Hawk Name to ring out. 

All Aboard!!!

I am on the same page with you my friend!!!! All aboard! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No Venom...  Volman goes way Back...  I'm saying that we've been here long enough after all of our years of lamenting.  I'm making note of those others here who have went into mourning over Al 4 rebounds per game Whoreford.  I surely look for that day when Myself, Volman, Kg01 (my alter ego), and even AHF (I'm his alter ego) can say proudly...  Yep.. Bout Damn Time!!!!

Same page brother!! Super pumped for this year!!

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, tonegully said:

hopefully this team can win 45 games this year and make some noise in the playoffs

I'm thinking mid to high 50s.. depending on our BU PG and Sf choice.

• Like 2

Nah no where close to mid 50s. This team is going to be very slow on offense IMO. We improved on the defensive side of the ball but we are going ot struggle to score points.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

I have been agreeing with you a lot lately and then you go say this. You expect way to much out of a guy who has tied hands with this franchise. The guy is a great coach. Too bad he cannot hold players at gunpoint without getting a felony

Agreed. We won 160 games in three years of regular season and post season and two of those years the team that took us out ended up in the finals. How in hell is that a one hit wonder?  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, tonegully said:

Nah no where close to mid 50s. This team is going to be very slow on offense IMO. We improved on the defensive side of the ball but we are going ot struggle to score points.

Actually.. I think when you really consider this team...  Think about last year.. with all our speed, there were times when we couldn't buy a score.  We had lapses in OFFENSE..  First down.. ball moves around but nobody could score.

Now think about this year.

Pick and Roll with Dwight and Dennis.  That's all I'm going to say.

IF you are a fan of basketball, I suggest that you pull out your Utah Jazz in the Sloan years footage.

They had the PNR with Malone and Stockton.  Stockton was always a threat to go to the hole on the pick.  Malone would always be a threat to run over somebody on his way to the bucket.

Dennis has 2 frontcourt players who he can either PNR or PNP with.   No longer will teams be able to chase Korver through every pick using multiple players.  They will have a rough time trying to contain Dwight down low.

Here's what I see.  Bud will teach Dwight to make his move on the blocks quickly.   Bud will teach Dwight just how dominate he will be as a PNR Center.  Bud will teach Dennis how to play an offense on either side of the court with either Dennis or Dwight and how to pass out to Baze, Korver, or whoever we have on the wing.   You can call it slow if you like.  You know what Beat Golden State in the finals... Slow execution (and the refs).  However, we can be slow as long as we are efficient!!   And if that be the case, we will be dominant. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Agreed. We won 160 games in three years of regular season and post season and two of those years the team that took us out ended up in the finals. How in hell is that a one hit wonder?  

Mediocre first season... Great second season and a so so 3rd season.

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Pick and Roll with Dwight and Dennis.  That's all I'm going to say.

IF you are a fan of basketball, I suggest that you pull out your Utah Jazz in the Sloan years footage.

They had the PNR with Malone and Stockton.  Stockton was always a threat to go to the hole on the pick.  Malone would always be a threat to run over somebody on his way to the bucket.

Basketball is such a simple game. The average fan loves the dunks, weak side blocks, but go back and watch Stockton and Malone make an entire team of scrubs better. If it weren't for Jordan, Pippen and Hakeem....my bet is on Utah to have won 2 or 3 titles in those days. The 1998 Jazz gave the Bulls all they could handle, eventually losing 4-2. Simple basketball never goes out of style. The key this year is health and Dennis.  Think of the numbers Dennis was putting up with the second unit.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Basketball is such a simple game. The average fan loves the dunks, weak side blocks, but go back and watch Stockton and Malone make an entire team of scrubs better. If it weren't for Jordan, Pippen and Hakeem....my bet is on Utah to have won 2 or 3 titles in those days. The 1998 Jazz gave the Bulls all they could handle, eventually losing 4-2. Simple basketball never goes out of style. The key this year is health and Dennis.  Think of the numbers Dennis was putting up with the second unit.

Well, we don't really play a 2nd Unit.. we have reserves... But.. Yes... Utah Jazz was the example that this team should now be following.  You open up the court with PNR then all the sudden, Byron (Baze) has open slashes, Hornacek (Korver) has an open look from the corner, and Sap also has a midrange shot that is a good look. 

I think we can hold on to the best expected spot for us even if D12 has occasional health issues.  1.Cavs, 2 TOR,  3. Indy, 4 Us.  Boston could be problematic since they now have AL.

Even if things go bad I think we stay at the 6th seed at worst.   GO HAWKS !!!

Edited by DJlaysitup
adddd

5 hours ago, tonegully said:

5 hours ago, Ropadope said:

Depends on Korver, Baze, and THJ. That's what many are missing. Without more additions, our success will be tied to how well these guys shoot from the arc.

I agree with what Ropadope said. We're going to be very solid on offense. But depending on Korver, Baze, and Hardaway, we might actually be one of the top 5 offenses. As Bud always says, our offense is keyed by our defense, and there won't be any team in the league better on defense. That should lead to more fast breaks and open 3 point shots like in 2014. 

Elite offense depends on Korver returning closer to the 2014 version of Korver, and I think he does. Along with Baze continuing to get a little bit better, and Hardaway making a big 2nd year jump like DMC and Baze did for us under Bud's tutelage. 

1 hour ago, DJlaysitup said:

I think we can hold on to the best expected spot for us even if D12 has occasional health issues.  1.Cavs, 2 TOR,  3. Indy, 4 Us.  Boston could be problematic since they now have AL.

Even if things go bad I think we stay at the 6th seed at worst.   GO HAWKS !!!

I think it's between us and Indy for the #2 seed. Toronto is going to miss Biyombo badly. I'm not that worried about Boston. They might end up with a good record, but I love how we matchup with that team now. We will crush them and hear the lamentation of their women.

e07b6f3ca2898b85d508257b2aab0bf7.jpg

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

No Teague. No Horford. This isn't a rebuild, it's a new era in Hawks basketball. Won't be surprised if a Superstar comes to Atlanta to come play with Howard and Millsap . The Hawks are starting to build their own super squad. Oh, and if you don't think the Hawks won't resign Millsap after he took a hometown discount the first time and got even better, they will and they should. I like this breath of fresh air we have. No one is here from the Woody, JJ and Smith era any longer. The new era has officially begun. 

Edited by QuantumHawkz
  • Like 1

DIESEL:  Everyone here is enthused and excited.  Not all for the same reason.  Example:  Alex is excited because

he now has new Hawk players to talk bad about.  His enthusiasm is mild, however, compared to Hotlanta1981.

He can and has already, go off the deep end about all our new Hawks, our head coach and his entire staff, their

methods of teaching basketball and, naturally, our GM and anything that he does!!

The rest of us poor souls, who really know nothing about basketball, are excited about Superman coming home.

We actually like the new PG we signed from over seas and are looking forward to seeing two first round picks

from this year's draft.  We believe that some of our returning players will begin the new season healthy and ready

to contribute.  Some of us dumb donkey posters actually believe that Bud kinda knows what he's doing.  Imagine that.

• Like 2

Whoever wears a Hawk's jersey I'm pulling for as hard as I can. A lot of times we as fans critique the play of our team including players, coaches and FO but that doesn't mean most of us aren't homers. I'm happy to be one.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Diesel said:

I'm thinking mid to high 50s.. depending on our BU PG and Sf choice.

D, I love the enthusiasm and cheerleading you are doing. However, I think 50+ means everything goes exceptionally well and the team gels quickly. I don't see that happening this year. It is just going to take about third to half a season for them to figure out how to play together. Thus, I would say the win total is in the upper 40s as a realistic prediction.  Upper 50s is too high for this team to reach, this year.

Frankly, I'm actually surprisingly pumped about this season. I really didn't want Howard, but I love the aggressiveness of the front office.  They are clearly willing to make changes now. I have to say this is the most optimistic I've felt about the team during the off-season in about a decade.  We finally have owners who aren't clowns. We have a coach who knows his stuff, and a front office team that is willing to risk. For me, risk is everything in sports, especially pro-basketball due to the influence a single player can have on games. Taking risks to get those players is critical to championship success. At least the Hawks are taking those risks while building a winning program.