• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Most Hated Hawk - Voting Time

AHF

Most Hated Former Hawk - Bring it!  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
On 7/8/2016 at 6:43 PM, bird_dirt said:

I have to say my #1 would have to be Christian Leattner, but it isn't exactly Hawks related. Glad I wasn't an ATL fan then. 

It was hard to stomach.  The only good thing was at least he had his career best season with us.  Can't imagine how much more I would hate him if I were a T-Wolves fan.

I'm going to let this poll run for a week before we close voting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The final results are in:

First Place Second Place Third Place Fourth Place Fifth Place Total Points
Michael Gearon Jr 15 11 6 4 5 269
Pete Babcock 8 7 8 6 5 192
Steve Belkin 8 9 6 5 4 188
Al Horford 5 4 5 1 2 106
Billy Knight 1 4 6 8 4 92
Danny Manning 2 0 6 6 4 68
Isiah Rider 1 2 2 6 3 52
Larry Drew 2 2 1 1 3 42
Josh Smith 0 3 0 2 10 27
Speedy Claxton 0 0 2 3 2 19
Points for Vote 10 7 5 3 1  

Hate is s strong word, so when making my picks I thought of "most inept". Hell of a list, no wonder we have been compared to the Clippers and Kings in the past!

Edited by Buzzard

On 7/8/2016 at 4:52 PM, Dolfan23 said:

Belkin hands down for me. He did everything he could to ruin this franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, Belkin was right about Joe.  He wasn't worth as much as the other members thought.   He also ultimately ended up being the initial spark that ended up with complete new ownership, although it took a long time.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I think I would say 1,3,2 but sounds about right. I mean I hated Babs for the Nique trade mostly but the other 2 were just in it for themselves.

Totally agree with you.  Interestingly, you voted Babs #1 and so you could say  you are the sole reason that he finished higher than Belkin since if you hadn't vote him #1, he would not have finished above either Belkin or MGJr.

35 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Man. I missed this thread.  Sad to see Horford on there.   I've got nothing but respect for the guy.   And Larry Drew?   He did what he could.

kobe bryant kobe soft too soft

Edited by kg01

• Premium Member

I voted for Gearon for A$G reasons. They stabbed me in the back by selling off the Thrashers and basically making Atlanta untouchable for the NHL for God only knows for how many years.

No one should be voting for Babcock. He was the best GM we ever had. All that whining about Nique ignores the fact that if he had paid Nique all that money we never would have gotten Deke.

• Premium Member
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:23 PM, AHF said:

It was hard to stomach.  The only good thing was at least he had his career best season with us.  Can't imagine how much more I would hate him if I were a T-Wolves fan.

I'm going to let this poll run for a week before we close voting.

Why? He was an All Star in Atlanta and never should have left for Detroit. He was ok in Minn but that team had almost no talent on it. That wasn't his fault.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Why? He was an All Star in Atlanta and never should have left for Detroit. He was ok in Minn but that team had almost no talent on it. That wasn't his fault.

You are talking to two Kentucky fans who watched him literally stomp on a player in a game and not get ejected for it like the rules required.  It shouldn't be hard to understand why rooting for someone you hated was hard!

25 minutes ago, Sothron said:

No one should be voting for Babcock. He was the best GM we ever had. All that whining about Nique ignores the fact that if he had paid Nique all that money we never would have gotten Deke.

Babcock was literally the worst drafting GM in NBA history.  I get what you are saying about Deke but we didn't have to pay Nique in order to try for a title with him when we were in first place, Jordan was retired, and we flipped him for Manning.  Letting him go for nothing after that run would have been the same as trading for Manning and then watching Manning walk.  If we did win a ring that season and he was forced to resign Nique to an overpriced deal, I would happily live with that over the good but not great years with Deke (who I really like).

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

And Larry Drew?   He did what he could.

Larry Drew got his votes for asking to get released early from his contract so he could join the Bucks then using his insider knowledge of the player the Hawks had targeted (the Greek Freak) to tell the Bucks to take him one pick before the Hawks.  Perhaps also taking what subpar brakes Woody had on Josh's 3pt shooting off (he went from 7 attempts the last season under Woody to 154 attempts the first season under Drew) but I think it is mostly the backstab move after we granted him the early release.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

You are talking to two Kentucky fans who watched him literally stomp on a player in a game and not get ejected for it like the rules required.  It shouldn't be hard to understand why rooting for someone you hated was hard!

Babcock was literally the worst drafting GM in NBA history.  I get what you are saying about Deke but we didn't have to pay Nique in order to try for a title with him when we were in first place, Jordan was retired, and we flipped him for Manning.  Letting him go for nothing after that run would have been the same as trading for Manning and then watching Manning walk.  If we did win a ring that season and he was forced to resign Nique to an overpriced deal, I would happily live with that over the good but not great years with Deke (who I really like).

Larry Drew got his votes for asking to get released early from his contract so he could join the Bucks then using his insider knowledge of the player the Hawks had targeted (the Greek Freak) to tell the Bucks to take him one pick before the Hawks.  Perhaps also taking what subpar brakes Woody had on Josh's 3pt shooting off (he went from 7 attempts the last season under Woody to 154 attempts the first season under Drew) but I think it is mostly the backstab move after we granted him the early release.

eh.  but what is drew supposed to do?  Not take the best player?  

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

eh.  but what is drew supposed to do?  Not take the best player?  

If you leave Coke to go work somewhere you don't use their formula at your new shop.  Since the Hawks could have **** blocked him and prevented him from being hired by Milwaukee until after the draft he should not have used Atlanta's scouting info in the draft process when they released him early in order to let him get the job in Milwaukee.  

#1 Babcock and #2 Knight for all the missed draft picks. #3 Belkin for messing with our spending, #4 Gearon for being a dumb-ass and getting Ferry removed. 5th for me was Larry, stealing our pick; but what would you expect? I am sure Ferry brought a lot of good intel from the Spurs camp when he was first hired. I don't blame players for taking more money, or money period. Does anyone ever expect a player to say "no, please don't pay me 22 million dollars"? Horford leaving, don't care anymore. We have Dwight and Sap, no congestion for playing time, and plenty of cap next season to fill a position of need.

Edited by Buzzard