• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Most Hated Hawk - Voting Time

AHF

Most Hated Former Hawk - Bring it!  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

In an effort to find out which player, coach, GM, owner, etc. is hated the most based on their time with and/or departure from the Hawks, we've got a long list of nominations and it is time for the final vote!

We're doing this like the NBA MVP voting:

10 points for first place votes

7 points for second place votes

5 for third

3 for fourth

1 for fifth

62959014.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

(Note:  Space limited the choices to 10 so I had to prune from the larger list of nominations.  If I bypassed someone you felt should be on the list, hopefully that person wouldn't have made your top 5 anyway.  The last couple slots were a struggle.)

• Premium Member

Know there's a lot of hate for GMs, but I cut all of those guys slack just because there are no nefarious motives. By nature of their job and job security, they're always trying to make the best choices, even when they come up short.

(Note:  Space limited the choices to 10 so I had to prune from the larger list of nominations.  If I bypassed someone you felt should be on the list, hopefully that person wouldn't have made your top 5 anyway.  The last couple slots were a struggle.)

Prune? Sounds to me like this is a biased list... : ahf:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Prune? Sounds to me like this is a biased list... : ahf:

You know this crowd, there was no shortage of names and no critical mass of concensus.  Had to try to figure out which of guys like Stan Kasten, Joe Johnson, Danny Ferry, Pero Antic, Jon Koncak, etc. were going to make the cut.   Went with numbers where people were nominated by multiple posters but had to take my best shot at a few of these.  Everyone who did make the list has gotten a click or more from voters so hopefully I landed close to correct.  

12 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Belkin hands down for me. He did everything he could to ruin this franchise.

He narrowly edged Gearon Jr. for the #1 slot for me.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Mike Woodson might have made the list because I just thought he was pretty bad coach and how Smoove ran over him was pathetic.

Nobody even nominated him.  He should own the potato head poll, though.

• Premium Member

1) Babcock - I could go on for days about Babcock.  On top of everything listed, this guy flat out refused to rebuild the team.  He was actually halfway decent on his earlier trades, but TERRIBLE at drafting.

2) Billy Knight - Moreso than I hated his drafting philosophy, I hated his smug/know-it-all attitude.  This idiot used us as his lab experiment and we all came out worse for it.

3) Horford - This dude is almost my #1.  Had Horford gone anywhere but the Celtics, he wouldn't even be on this list.  I knew he was leaving, but to go there of all places though...and the form letter thank-you/good-bye.  Omg...

4) Danny Manning - F#@K DANNY MANNING!!!

5) Belkin - I really couldn't decide between Belkin and Gearon.  Honestly, the A$G should have been one choice and they probably would have been my #1.  

I have to say my #1 would have to be Christian Leattner, but it isn't exactly Hawks related. Glad I wasn't an ATL fan then. 

Otherwise, I'd go with Belkin. He set off a whole generation of craptastic-ness that has set the image of the organization so far back, we're still dealing with it. 

But with so many to choose from, it's had to pick just one (or five).

I disliked Gearon enough to vote for him 5 times.  Is that cheating?  He is the one person on the list that I felt did harm to the team knowingly.  Everyone else was just inept.  I would have voted once or twice for Belkin but now I believe that Gearon was the source of that whole mess as well.