Should Hawks Trade Milsap

wolvetigers

The short answer: YES

With the salary Cap ballooning to 109mill next year for teams and given how well Milsap has been playing he would command a contract of 4yr/100million range at the very least. Now that would be ok if he was 26, but not at 32....Not sure how much Howard would cry about a retooling effort, but we have to move Milsap this offseason, b/c his value diminishes as  the season starts and Milsap would be a fool to not take the big payday elsewhere. Plus he knows the Hawks tried to move him last week, before good ole Al put an end to that.

your move Bud...we need a good player in return.

could the Hawks go all in....and risk losing it all by going after a superstar? Sure the same challenge as Milsap contract is stil there, but damn rolling the dice could be worth it!

ATL trades: Milsap , Dennis and a future 1st

for 

OKC trades: Russell Westbrook, Mitch McGary

8 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Westbrook is not signing long term in Atlanta. 

Yes but we fiscally can't sign Milsap....why not take a risk on Westbrook, if he leaves then he leaves,...plus I think that team could really challenge for the East this season!

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

The shorter answer: NO

it's a simple math equation....I agree Westbrook is a pipe dream, but if the Hawks don't trade Milsap, then we will be in the exact same spot has OKC management with Durant this summer.

the only problem is we won't get much value for SAP in Feb.

5 minutes ago, wolvetigers said:

it's a simple math equation....I agree Westbrook is a pipe dream, but if the Hawks don't trade Milsap, then we will be in the exact same spot has OKC management with Durant this summer.

the only problem is we won't get much value for SAP in Feb.

So instead of OKC being in the same spot like they were with Durant, it'll just be us with Westbrook, plus we've given away young players and picks. 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, wolvetigers said:

Yes but we fiscally can't sign Milsap....why not take a risk on Westbrook, if he leaves then he leaves,...plus I think that team could really challenge for the East this season!

So if he leaves we lose Milsap, Dennis, and our first as well ... In other words our future ....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wolvetigers said:

And you figure this how? Why would any Owner give up more assets to get a player that can walk 3months later. 

Oh, the irony.

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No.  We shouldn't trade Millsap.   I think the combination of him and D12 will be a potent one.  Moreover, instead of quitting right now, we should take advantage of this window to see if we can make a run.

I say strengthen what we have instead of tearing it down and hoping for the future.  If we were getting Westbrook to play with D12 and Sap, i would say..Do that.  However, in absence of that, hold on to Sap and see what we can do at full capacity.

If Bud thinks we can make an ECF run as constructed then I'm with you. I actually do like our team, but hate to see us regress next year when SAP walks

1 minute ago, wolvetigers said:

If Bud thinks we can make an ECF run as constructed then I'm with you. I actually do like our team, but hate to see us regress next year when SAP walks

We'd regress even further when Westbrook walks and we've given away future picks.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So instead of OKC being in the same spot like they were with Durant, it'll just be us with Westbrook, plus we've given away young players and picks. 

You wouldn't take that risk to have arguably a top 5 player on our team? Even if it's for one full season...

When is the last time the Hawks had a superstar? Here is a plan, let's wait and hope we get lucky in the draft.....I see why we never win anything in any sport

9 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

So if he leaves we lose Milsap, Dennis, and our first as well ... In other words our future ....

And what future is that exactly?  The same one that has us losing in the 2nd round every year? 

Keeping Milsap is the safe play.

".. you can't lose what you don't put in the middle. But you can't win much either. ". Mike McDermott (Rounders)

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We'd regress even further when Westbrook walks and we've given away future picks.

A future PICK not picks....and that pick can be the Minnesota's pick when we drafted Adriene Payne....remember how good that pick was? 

Edited by wolvetigers