• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight officially signs

• Moderators

I'm split on changing the rules to protect really bad free throw shooters.  I get the game flow issue but seems stupid to protect guys who can't master a basic skill.  It is akin to protecting someone who can't dribble.  Eh.  On the other hand:

I'm super enthused to finally see a rule change on a narrow issue that benefits the Hawks!

• Like 4

Just the rebounding this guy brings will make everyone forget #thatotherwhore really quick. Bud says he thinks he can revitalize D12's career and I believe him. Hurry up and start regular season.

I have a feeling D12's gonna put the east on notice

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Just the rebounding this guy brings will make everyone forget #thatotherwhore really quick. Bud says he thinks he can revitalize D12's career and I believe him. Hurry up and start regular season.

I have a feeling D12's gonna put the east on notice

Agreed!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm split on changing the rules to protect really bad free throw shooters.  I get the game flow issue but seems stupid to protect guys who can't master a basic skill.  It is akin to protecting someone who can't dribble.  Eh.  On the other hand:

I'm super enthused to finally see a rule change on a narrow issue that benefits the Hawks!

The NBA is an entertainment league and the fans don't pay to watch players miss free throws four 2 hours.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I bet many of the posters here are from Atlanta too--it is rare someone randomly picks the Hawks to be their team. This makes me happy in so many ways.

I wasn't a huge Dwight fan when he played for Orlando, mainly because of the historically bad playoff sweep. We eventually beat him with Jason Collins playing C but that sweep was ugly. I will never forget it. 

Yada Yada Yada, he finally had a chance to come home, embrace his hometown team and try and attract the likes of CP3. Instead, he goes to Houston. I remember a Houston fan I met while living up north laugh that my Hawks couldn't even sign our own guy. I couldn't really disagree..

I've said many bad things about him over the years. All because he was afraid to play for his city--to play for our city. It seems like he has grow up a lot. It seems like he is happy to be back home. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and be one of his biggest supporters.

Don't let us down, Dwight. Welcome back home.

I also love Buds comments about being a positive impact in the community. The "true to Atlanta" thing is a little cheesy and overplayed at times, but I see Koonin and the organization trying to get guys who do more than play basketball every night. Joe was great but him being "true to Atlanta" was going to strip clubs. We need help building a brand and Dwight can help.

Edited by cam1218
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Whoops

Just like dude pointed out in the tweet..

Biblically the #8 represents a new beginning. This must be what Howard meant by his number being symbolic

44 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Meant to quote this up above.. Lol

The number 8- a new beginning

Edited by IheartVolt

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I have the solution to your issue. Go outside and find an adjustable hoop. Shoot 10 free throws...mark your results. Drop it to 7 feet and shoot 10 more...mark your results.  I have done this. You would be amazed at how hard it is to shoot free throws for taller players. When you can't see the bottom of the basket, it throws off depth perception. I can shoot a solid 80% easy on a regulation hoop. Drop that puppy to 7 ft and I'm barely 60%. For a 6' point guard, free throws is a basic (and somewhat natural) skill. But for very tall players, that hoop moves on them without the normal depth perception.