• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, pimp said:

This is just another black eye for Spud2Nique's organization .I think it's time for the Spudsters to seek out new leadership.
It's just been embarrassing incident after incident the last few years.  Everything from dog fighting to Spud's involvement with the Jerry Sandusky scandal , has been giving our 
league a bad name.  I think Adam Silver should send   good ole Patches O'houlihan down to Spud's place , with a sack full of wrenches. The rest will take care of it's self.

Lol...patches might have a couple guys waiting for him at my place...Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary. 

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...patches might have a couple guys waiting for him at my place...Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary. 

I believe the last time  Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary.  came out, a poor dog got dropkicked off a bridge.
Which was part of Spuds dog fighting ring,. It was dogs vs people instead of the dog vs dog fighting .

1 hour ago, pimp said:

I believe the last time  Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary.  came out, a poor dog got dropkicked off a bridge.
Which was part of Spuds dog fighting ring,. It was dogs vs people instead of the dog vs dog fighting .

Come again? You know I don't speak Spanish. In English please.

• Moderators

With the 71st pick in the draft, we are faced with a conundrum.  Fill the last spot in our starting lineup with a young player or grab an older player who would be a perfect fit and push us firmly into contender status this season.  With a variety of options we'd be happy with a PF still on the board, we have to take the elite big man who is arguably the best stretch PF in the history of the game to pair up with Rudy.

latest?cb=20111227140437&path-prefix=en

It is only logical.

With the 71st pick, the U-Niques select:

Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk continues to age like fine wine.  Last season he put up roughly 18, 7 and 2 and provided his usual elite perimeter prowess.  That last point is key because floor spacing will be absolutely critical in a league of 'super' teams like the one we are creating.  Moreover, he is a proven winner who knows how to work in the type of culture that we are developing on the U-Niques.  We are confident we'll find a quality backup for him later on.

With this lineup we think we will pressure teams beyond their limits on both ends of the floor:

PG:  Kyle Lowry

SG:  Rodney Hood

SF:  Kevin Durant

PF:  Dirk Nowitzki

C:  Rudy Gobert

Welcome aboard Dirk!

dirk-nowitzki-kissing-trophy-tongue-craz

@JayBirdHawk is on the clock

• Like 3

With the 72nd pick, The JayBird Lady Squawkers select:

Steven Funaki Adams :  C  -   7'-0" , 255 lbs, 23 years.

As rugged as they get.  Does  all the dirty work -grabbing boards, setting mean screen and sacrifices his body for the team.

@TheFuzz  is on the clock.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As rugged as they get.  Does  all the dirty work -grabbing boards, setting mean screen and sacrifices his body for the team.

I like the pick but was hoping you would take an assistant coach.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hate this pick, because i don't have a center yet, and he was next on my list  after Noel , and Turner were chosen .
At this rate ' i'm gonna have to move Anthony Davis to center.  :banghead:

• Like 1

((( "TIME OUT" )))

Media question:

Has an analysis ever been done to see who actually came up with the best team in the season following the  summer Dynasty draft?  Who had the best team in the 2015 Dynasty Draft?

Don't quite know the best way to do it.  Maybe by adding the total win shares of each player?

lt would be cool to track just which one of you guys and gals are on the right track with your picks.

Just a thought

((( TIME IN )))

• Admin
23 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

((( "TIME OUT" )))

Media question:

Has an analysis ever been done to see who actually came up with the best team in the season following the  summer Dynasty draft?  Who had the best team in the 2015 Dynasty Draft?

Don't quite know the best way to do it.  Maybe by adding the total win shares of each player?

lt would be cool to track just which one of you guys and gals are on the right track with your picks.

Just a thought

((( TIME IN )))

Its pretty subjective because you can't really base it on stats ... its hard to tell due to chemistry and who sacrifices ... someone who drafts all stars does not necessarily have the best team and a team with mostly role players might not have the worst team (might actually have the better team in real life)

• Moderators

As an example, qualitatively, I (drafting first overall in 2015) came away with:

* the league MVP

* the Rookie of the Year

* a top-ten Most Improved Player finalist

* two All-Rookie Second-Teamers

* a top-10 rebounder and top-5 shot-blocker

* two of the league's top-ten in steals (including the aforementioned MVP)

* two of the league's top-ten in Defensive Rating (including foresaid rebounder/shotblocker), and

* a third-place finalist for Coach of the Year.

But quantitatively, the rest of the players were so sucky that the numbers (avg. PER = 15.43, 70%*EWA = 48.4, Win Shares = 68.5) suggest my team probably would have finished in the middle of the pack.

~lw3

38 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

I think the stats would be a good starting point, but I also think a large part of the team section is how the players fit together, coach quality/system.

Why not set up a poll with some basic stats and let the squawkers decide?

Good idea, if you all want to go that route.

I know Anthony Davis was looked at as being the next big thing.  And he had a great year "stat wise".  But his win score significantly dipped from 14.0 to 7.2.  Plus he only played in 61 games.

Meanwhile, a guy like CJ McCollum, who gets increased playing time in a "rebuilding year" for Portland, saw his win score increase from 1.8 to 6.0.  So whomever picked CJ in last year's draft, potentially got a significant player to his/her team.

OK, that's all.  Continue.

47 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Good idea, if you all want to go that route.

I know Anthony Davis was looked at as being the next big thing.  And he had a great year "stat wise".  But his win score significantly dipped from 14.0 to 7.2.  Plus he only played in 61 games.

Meanwhile, a guy like CJ McCollum, who gets increased playing time in a "rebuilding year" for Portland, saw his win score increase from 1.8 to 6.0.  So whomever picked CJ in last year's draft, potentially got a significant player to his/her team.

OK, that's all.  Continue.

I am going to use stats next season to see how my team did. I've not decided yet, but its between ESPN and PASPN because they don't just use the same old tired format that Yahoo still uses. And its not to compete here, its just to see what I did.

If someone wants to setup some stats and then take a vote though, I am all in.

• Moderators

Less than 3 hours (8:04 PM Eastern) to go for The Fuzzy One, who logged out just under an hour before his turn arrived. @LucastheThird, get your picks ready, it's almost redemption time! (Of course, Luke hasn't been around here since yesterday. But, hey, keep hope alive!)

Once again, I'll be out of commission until later tonight (probably after 10 PM), but hopefully I'll have a reason to check back.

~lw3

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Less than 3 hours (8:04 PM Eastern) to go for The Fuzzy One, who logged out just under an hour before his turn arrived. @LucastheThird, get your picks ready, it's almost redemption time! (Of course, Luke hasn't been around here since yesterday. But, hey, keep hope alive!)

Once again, I'll be out of commission until later tonight (probably after 10 PM), but hopefully I'll have a reason to check back.

~lw3

After 10pm knocks me out of my picks tonight. Hopefully tomorrow we can get to the 6th round. I thought for sure we would be able to make that turn today!

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

After 10pm knocks me out of my picks tonight. Hopefully tomorrow we can get to the 6th round. I thought for sure we would be able to make that turn today!

Maybe a quick run happens anyway....

• Like 1

• Moderators

In the interim, without citing any undrafted active NBA names, since this is a 5-year-prospect draft you can humor yourselves by looking back to the 2012 Draft and seeing how folks fared since then.

Andrew Bynum, MarShon Brooks, Gerald Wallace, Jordan Crawford: I was rooting for you. We were all rooting for you...

~lw3