• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

F it! Prince got shades of Kawhi Leonard. He looks a lot like him

NBASupes

On 10/13/2016 at 10:00 AM, hazer said:

He'll never reach Kawhi heights, but he'll be better than DMC and a PERFECT fit for the Hawks...

No one in their right mind thought Kawhi would become as good as he is.  I haven't taken in much preseason but I'm digging all the comparisons.  

Prince seems to be smart, active, and maximizes his great frame.  That's all I ask, more than what the majority of the NBA's players provide consistently.

I fear he isn't gonna be tested enough in practice going up against Baze and Kyle, though.  He's probably equipped as a rookie to stop dribble and deny ball, respectively.  I'm anxious to see him guard Jeff Green, Joe Johnson types.  I think he'd already lock down Barnes, who's gonna bust hard in Dallas.

19 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

No one in their right mind thought Kawhi would become as good as he is.  I haven't taken in much preseason but I'm digging all the comparisons.  

Prince seems to be smart, active, and maximizes his great frame.  That's all I ask, more than what the majority of the NBA's players provide consistently.

I fear he isn't gonna be tested enough in practice going up against Baze and Kyle, though.  He's probably equipped as a rookie to stop dribble and deny ball, respectively.  I'm anxious to see him guard Jeff Green, Joe Johnson types.  I think he'd already lock down Barnes, who's gonna bust hard in Dallas.

He actually could. He shoots better than Leonard and has more court vision than Leonard out of college. Prince has an unique game where he can play on the ball, off the ball and a playmaker role. Not too many players can do that.  He's in the right system as well. It's clearly going to be a tough as Khawi extremely improved in the NBA but so has others who came into our system like Korver, Bazemore, DMC, Dennis and Thabo. Edy, Prince and Bembry got next. 

The thing about Prince is unlike Leonard, he wasn't coached by a great coach in college. His coach in college is mainly known for his recruiting and scouting goods, not coaching or developing. Too many of his players underwhelmed in college to only become decent in the NBA. Leonard had a great coach at SDST in Fisher who coached the Fab 5 and other great Michigan teams. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Although I do think he has a good chance of being the type of player that we want him to be. Two things that set Kawhi Leonard apart from most of the nba are his hands and his work ethic. Casual spurs fans will always say that he is probably the hardest working player in the nba. If Prince comes in with a great work ethic than I think he can be very good.

I'll be super pleased with Prince being something between DMC and Kawhi. Our starting SF in '17-'18 and regular All-Star in a few years. Next few years looking really bright with Shredder/Del, Blaze/Bembry, Prince/Bembry, Sap/Minny pick, D8/Edy. Budcox's stamp on this team is materializing and it's a good one. Homer rant over... 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Although I do think he has a good chance of being the type of player that we want him to be. Two things that set Kawhi Leonard apart from most of the nba are his hands and his work ethic. Casual spurs fans will always say that he is probably the hardest working player in the nba. If Prince comes in with a great work ethic than I think he can be very good.

I wouldn't say that, there are guys who work as hard as Leonard but system, fit, role, development and potential doesn't always equal that. 

As far as hands, his hands is special but there are plenty of guys with abnormal hands who aren't Leonard. What makes Leonard special is his ability to develop from a good two way college player without range into a superstar is nothing short of amazing. Him and Jimmy Butler improved as much as any prospect I've seen.

I think his large hands are a tad overrated and it's not the reason for his success but a part of it. He literally tremendously developed at every aspect of the game and he just fits the system so well in SA. 

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Updating stats and noticed Taurean Prince had three more steals last night. That's 11 in five preseason games. Prince of Thieves indeed.

Anybody rhink C-Viv came up with that nickname "Prince of Thieves". I don't but i kinda like it.

He did say" indeed", so it sounds like he was agreeing with someone.

Edited by aali34

On 10/18/2016 at 6:30 AM, aali34 said:

The only things I haven't seen prince do is shoot of the dribble or post up another player, but based on his scouting reports he seems to be capable of doing both pretty well. He is looking more and more like a legit lottery pick everyday. 

Sadly him, Bembry or Edy likely won't be in the rotation 

40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sadly him, Bembry or Edy likely won't be in the rotation 

Better play Prince. I'd send Bembry to the D league first if I had to, then Edy I guess but he's been looking good too. Again, we are a deep ball club, I'm not used to this. Lol.