• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeffery DeMarco Teague

NBASupes

I like Jeff so I hate to see him struggle like this but I think anyone who has seen Jeff and Monta play knew that the tandem would not work.  I still don't know what Larry Bird was thinking. Monta should have been moved the moment the Teague trade went through.

He looks a lil quicker than he was last year but that explosiveness is still not there. I don't know if its the knee or rust

I know he will get it together but I didn't think he would be playing this bad after seeing him in the preseason.

Edited by Sarcatic1

25 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

And on some Houston Rockets message board they are saying, "Dwight Howard only scored 2 points against the sixers lol, he sucks." Please spare us biased opinions of Teague and Horford merely  because they left. If Teague had scored 30 points you would have not have created a post about him and you know it.

I might have because I honestly think most of us here want to see Teague succeed.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

I like Jeff so I hate to see him struggle like this but I think anyone who has seen Jeff and Monta play knew that the tandem would not work.  I still don't know what Larry Bird was thinking. Monta should have been moved the moment the Teague trade went through.

He looks a lil quicker than he was last year but that explosiveness is still not there. I don't know if its the knee or rust

I know he will get it together but I didn't think he would be playing this bad after seeing him in the preseason.

It's crazy the Teague/Monta backcourt was almost in ATL a year ago. 

Yeah, I can see why GS traded Monta, need size at SG. Monta ought to be a 6th man if Teague is going to start.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

On that note, Alice with another killer 4 rebound performance. 

Dude has really improved year over year in avoiding the glass at all costs.

Yeah, dude is trying to preserve his career I guess. 

22 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Alice has gone sawft since his 2nd titty tear. I didn't want to believe it for a long time, but it's the only thing that makes sense. I remember him saying that lifting weights too heavy is what put too much stress on his body and helped lead to the tears both times. Since then he isn't lifting as heavy and therefore isn't as strong. Who knows if its simply a strength issue, or if he also turned into an overprotective sissy trying to avoid injury again.

Either way, the result is now Alice = SAWFT.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

It's crazy the Teague/Monta backcourt was almost in ATL a year ago. 

Yeah, I can see why GS traded Monta, need size at SG. Monta ought to be a 6th man if Teague is going to start.

A  lot of their fans wanted Monta moved to the bench when the trade to the Kings for Gay didn't happen

And I don't think Supes made this thread as a dig at Jeff. Supes was one of the biggest guys against trading Jeff if it wasn't for great value.

Chuck has been the only person I have really heard say we are going to miss Jeff.  I didn't think we would miss a step as far as Dennis starting. I thought we wouldn't have the 1, 2 punch from the pg position we have had the past few years but as far as starting, Dennnis will be more than fine.

I honestly don't know what it is with Al. He was never a great rebounder but he doesn't battle on the glass like he once did. Might be scared to hurt himself again or he just might not have the strength he once did.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I would imagine part of the motivation for pointing it out is to give a big middle finger to all the national pundits who keep insisting we are going to greatly miss Jeff because he was such a great player for us -- not to take shots at Jeff himself. I have zero ill will towards Jeff, and I do hope he has a good finish to his career in Indiana; except when they play us, obviously. But I always felt the impact of losing Jeff was drastically overblown.

Totally agree.  No ill will toward Jeff from me.  Just find it ridiculous how the eggsperts are overrating him now that he's a non-Hawk.

• Premium Member

I think Teague is still good, it's just a change.  He has to learn a new system and he has to learn it with a guy like Monta being his side kick.  I think Indy would be better off trading Monta for a big Gaurd.  Maybe they should call Utah and ask about Joe. 

• Like 2

I enjoy following the career of ex Hawk players and, for the most part, wish them well.

There are exceptions.  We had a PG who left here several years ago and trashed Atlanta.

He's not on my list of favorite ex Hawks.  Neither is a certain center who left because his

new Boston team had superior fans.  That does bot set well in either case.

Atlanta sent Jeff home.  As our present center has, Jeff has come home.

This does not make me a fan of Jeff's team but I hope that, as an individual, he does well.

When his team loses, I don't want it to be all Jeff's fault.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Yeah, if Bradley didn't nail eight three pointers that one is a loss for Al's team.