• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Almost 4% into the season, here's what I love about this team

sturt

We have the NBA's best bench. Which allows sitting starters and low minutes. They can check in late on fresh legs and amped up drive and own the opposition in the 4th. D8 seems to be like "Ight, and we're 3-0? Coooo..."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It reminds me of the 60 win season except with defense instead of offense.   You just have that feeling that if the game is tight at the end of 3 we're going to clamp down hard on them in the 4th.  This is real basketball.   

As awkward as it was at times it did look like a playoff style of game. Don't think there would be as many fouls called because so many are just let go in the playoffs. Dwight and Thompson will have a way more physical battle then we saw with our starting C last year. Kris was our better center during that and he didn't get hardly any minutes. A new day we are already enjoying with this roster and we're not even truly synced up yet.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, sturt said:

4th Quarter Opponent Scoring

Wiz = 19 pts

Sixers = 14 pts

Kings = 14 pts

I want to see this team become known as for the absolute 4th quarter juggernaut it is capable of being... Hawks fielding the equivalent of Rivera, Eckersley, Fingers, Sutter and Lee Smith... shut out shut down basketball.

Let's see where things stand after playing Cavs and Bulls next week.

Shall we start calling our team...  THE CLOSERS!!

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, hazer said:

We have the NBA's best bench. Which allows sitting starters and low minutes. They can check in late on fresh legs and amped up drive and own the opposition in the 4th. D8 seems to be like "Ight, and we're 3-0? Coooo..."

We also have the nba's most underrated Bench.

Moose and Thabo.. Who are these guys?~??~!!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pimp said:

Fun Fact:  Howard is on pace to attempt more freethrows this month  ,than Horford attempted the entire season last year. -  D8 -128  -  Horf - 126
It may take Dwight 3 months to make the same amount though. :blush:

That's not possible. 

November is just starting.  Are you sure about your nimbers?

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's not possible. 

Oh it's very possible.  

Howard has attemped 24 free throws in 3 games , and he only played 19 minutes against the Sixers.

Again.. D8 has  24 FTA in 3 games
Here's Horford's free throw attempts by month last year.
Oct - 5 
Nov - 32  
Dec -  23 
Jan -  20 
Feb -  15 
Mar - 19
Apr -13

Howard took 20 free throws last night , that is = to an entire month of Horford FTAs

• Like 2

Bud has developed a lot of house money and margin for error with this Group.  3 starters have taken turns looking (or at least producing) lackluster and we still perfecto.  

If I were in Vegas I'd place a nice bet down that at least one will be punished by coming off the bench healthy before the AS Game.  

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's not possible. 

Oh, i see what you are saying  :hmm:
But  i always count Oct and Nov as 1 month, because we never play more than 2 to 3 games in Oct.

After watching Houston vs Cleveland a bit last night I'm interested to see how the Hawks play against Houston this Saturday.  Houston is very talented on offense so this will be a good test of our defense.

By the way, the "arm grab" that Harden uses to draw fouls needs some serious review by the NBA.  I'm not a Cavs fan in the slightest and I wanted to throw something at the TV every time he used it.  The refs better not pander to this crap on Saturday.

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Bud has developed a lot of house money and margin for error with this Group.  3 starters have taken turns looking (or at least producing) lackluster and we still perfecto.  

If I were in Vegas I'd place a nice bet down that at least one will be punished by coming off the bench healthy before the AS Game.  

Which ones?   I'd say Baze is the only one in danger and that's because Thabo is crushing the competition.   Korver has been our offensive spark so far.   Sap and Dwight and Dennis aren't sitting IMO.

12 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Which ones?   I'd say Baze is the only one in danger and that's because Thabo is crushing the competition.   Korver has been our offensive spark so far.   Sap and Dwight and Dennis aren't sitting IMO.

Thabo was off tonight but Baze does need to come off the bench. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2016 at 10:08 AM, ATLSmith said:

After watching Houston vs Cleveland a bit last night I'm interested to see how the Hawks play against Houston this Saturday.  Houston is very talented on offense so this will be a good test of our defense.

Hoping Bud and players make big adjustments for that game because after last night I'm realizing its going to be a severe test for us.