• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SUCH BS CALLS

volman

So apparently the gameplan was to take their 7ft bust/energy guys and pester Howard all game.  Unfortunately we fell into the trap.

That HorCats formula isn't a winning one though, IMHO.  Clutch/grab all game long to keep it close (hey, they can't call all da fouls, right?!), then have Walker bail you out with hero-bawl?

I was watching their overpaid max guy grabbing Baze's jersey all night on out of bounds plays...

Zeller "energy guy" is a bunch of BS.. he was planted to get under Dwight's skin because the game is different when he is in there.  18 freaking rebounds.

Hornets are a joke... Hawks would beat them like they stole something in the playoffs if they met.  Of course Kimba walker is crap from 3 but makes a bunch of clutch shots late in the 4th with no Howard presence... smh...

Still pissed. 

• Like 1

I try not to blame the zebras but tonight was ugly.  It's like they never heard of makeup calls. 

Does Bud have any techs this year?  I feel like he ain't barking on refs like he's done in years past.  He's one of the few coaches or players who can move the officiating needle in his team's favor on committed foul calls, however slight.  He need to get back on their asses.  We "committing" 6 more fouls than last year.

12 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I try not to blame the zebras but tonight was ugly.  It's like they never heard of makeup calls. 

Does Bud have any techs this year?  I feel like he ain't barking on refs like he's done in years past.  He's one of the few coaches or players who can move the officiating needle in his team's favor on committed foul calls, however slight.  He need to get back on their asses.  We "committing" 6 more fouls than last year.

I don't either.  I think you lose fair and square.  My issue, however, is that we were up 10+ on MULTIPLE occasions to have our momentum absolutely killed by the referees and the Hornets hit a big run to make the game close.  The referees kept it close, ejected our best player, and the crowd took over in the end of the game.  Sucks. 

"I have taken a lot of hard hits with two older brothers," Zeller said. "I knew it was going to be a physical game. But it was a huge play in the game because they couldn't go to him late in the game and we went on a run."

Pretty disappointing to have such imbalance in reffing and when its a division game it seems like the league would at least try to call it impartially. Would pretty much expect this in Cleveland but not against any of our division rivals. Just a really poor job by them tonight and supposedly a fan is not suppose to notice them affecting the game at all.     

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This game was hilarious. What's even more funny is the fact that Charlotte really think they outplayed the Hawks. Please believe when I say they won't win another game against the Hawks this season. The Hawks knew like we all knew that they had this game in the bag. 

• Like 3

The flagrant 2 was total BS.   That was barley even a 1 in. My opinion there was no Malicious intent and if the elbow had landed anywhere but the chin it would have a personal at the most.    Way to many ticky tack calls early.   It almost seemed like the refs felt like they had called too many early fouls on Charlotte early in the fourth and as soon as they realized the home team was in the penalty they just swallowed their whistles. 

I would really be more upset if the Hawks hadn't been so bad on three pointers.   We were retched beyond the arc and if only two or three of our treys had dropped the zebras bad calls wouldn't have made any difference.   The Hornets also hit some desperation threes that just broke out back. 

I can't wait to get another shot at that team especially with Thabo back to help the defense.

• Like 1

• Moderators

And now the three worst officials in the league, according to players and coaches we surveyed:

1. Scott Foster, with 24 votes.

2. Lauren Holtkamp, with 14 votes.

3. Marc Davis, with 12 votes.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-nba-best-worst-referees-20160131-story.html

And closing out the list is Davis, 48, an 18-year veteran official.

"He's cool as they come, but he's so arrogant," one player said. "He instigates things sometimes. Marc will go back at a player. He forgets that he's talking to another man. Don't challenge a man's manhood. Now you are going too far."

"Marc Davis is hands down the worst," a player said. "He acts likes he's your friend, but he'll just screw you. He'll screw you and he'll get the biggest attitude about it."