• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'd like to formally endorse Thabo Sefolosha as a starter

pimp

Adding Thabo to the starting line up would give the Hawks 5 ,  2-ways players in the starting lineup, to provide both offense
and defense. He has the abilty to knock down open shot, and he can guard the other team's best wing player.
Now, The Hawks are 9-3 , and playing extremely well , so Thabo becoming a starter is very unlikely right now. 
So us Thabo supporters are only asking for a increase in minutes , and a shorter leash  for Korver and Baze when they are playing poorly .
We would also like to lend our support to Thabo's running mate Taurean Prince.

• Like 3

Thabo seems to perform great every time there is a big challenge for us at SG or SF. So far he has been the one who can alter LeBron some with his defense one on one and last season actually shut down J.R. in the playoffs. Hoping our guy Prince fills that role as well pretty soon. Was mentioned after last game by someone Prince was absorbing coaching from Thabo on the bench so thinking his defense is going to start standing out more. Just needs some consistent minutes.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

To get back to Thabo he's the one I'd like to keep around no matter his age and do whatever about Baze. Don't know if there is a price tag to high for solid role players at this point but fifteen mil seems a tad high for a guy thats not even third string quality right now so I'd rather spend ten or if possible less on Thabo. By this time next year a Prince/Thabo one two punch at SF seems like a good quality rotation that would do well in the playoffs.  

• Like 1

On 12/8/2016 at 9:24 PM, GameTime said:

From a BPM and VORP perspective, Thabo is our second best player on our team. He needs 30+ minutes a game.

Good point and I'm not saying Thabo doesn't deserve that many minutes this year. Many games he probably will play that many but bare in mind that the last three years he has missed over fifty games due to a number  injuries and of course  rehabbing from the NYPD incident. At thirty two I would have him average less minutes than that so we know he's ready and spunky for the playoffs. Either way he's one of the best investments in the league this year. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3028/thabo-sefolosha 

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Ropadope said:

But man, it would really be nice to have a wing who could hit an outside shot! 

Lately that seems unlikely.  Here are our December 3pt%s for our wings:

THJr  27.6%

KK 26.1%

Thabo 25.0%

Prince 16.7%

Baze 9.1%

Delaney 0%

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

THJr  27.6%

KK 26.1%

Thabo 25.0%

Prince 16.7%

Baze 9.1%

Delaney 0%

Geez that's pathetic.  No wonder we were on such a skid.   The thing is that KK and Baze are waaay off their potential marks.   Thabo and Tim are only slightly down from what we could expect.   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Geez that's pathetic.  No wonder we were on such a skid.   The thing is that KK and Baze are waaay off their potential marks.   Thabo and Tim are only slightly down from what we could expect.   

Bazemore's last 32 games last year as a 3 point "shooter": 28.5%...

You have to go back to the last 42 games for his shot to barely nudge above 30%.

If he has more "potential", I guess his shot has been completely broken for almost a season now. His hot shooting of the first half of last season (First 33 games: 42.5%) is a thing of the past now. Eventually cold shooting becomes a norm and not an oddity with players.

Wasn't much better in the playoffs either. He had a couple of decent games but shot 26.2% overall as a 3 point shooter.

Edited by Lurker

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Sad but true.

4 hours ago, AHF said:

THJr  27.6%

KK 26.1%

Thabo 25.0%

Prince 16.7%

Baze 9.1%

Delaney 0%

0%? I know we have been getting on Baze and Korver but why not give Bembry Delaney's minutes?Supposedly Bembry is not a good shooter, but I think he can average more than 21% from 3.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GameTime said:

0%? I know we have been getting on Baze and Korver but why not give Bembry Delaney's minutes?Supposedly Bembry is not a good shooter, but I think he can average more than 21% from 3.

Yeah, I don't expect Bembry to take many threes but do see him being a good defender with overall ball skills so a viable option at point moving forward at the very least.