• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

84 points against one of the worst defenses in the league. 15 measley points in the 4th quarter, smh.

And 11 of those by one player...sad (Schröder).

I actually wish I could've said he was being selfish and it hurt...he wasn't. For most of the quarter he was trying to run the offense.

• Like 2

What a shocker. They follow up a great win with a bad loss. smdh

This team is average as hell . I know some will say give them time and they need to gel but nah. This is what they are. An average team . They will look great one night and follow it up with some terrible play

At this point I don't care what they get for Baze, just get him out of here. They overpaid a energy bench guy. It happens now admit the mistake and move on

We gave away a good point guard for a lotto pick. Play the damn lotto pick. Start him. Let him go through his growing pains because right now the value we got back for Jeff looks like shit if the  lotto pick barely plays and Jeff is starting to look  like the guy from 2 years ago

and Delaney is awful. What games did they scout where they thought this dude was capable of being a back up point guard? Go get a real damn back up pg ASAP

Edited by Sarcatic1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I tried to tell you about that line up but y'all wanted to bank on lightening striking agian

So what would you have done?

You can't play your best lineup all game. Muscala starting wouldn't have stopped the run that was coming with the K&K music factory.

• Premium Member
Just now, Lurker said:

So what would you have done?

You can't play your best lineup all game. Muscala starting wouldn't have stopped the run that was coming with the K&K music factory.

Dude was one of out best offensive players tonight.  Korver was garbage so why play him 32 minutes??

• Premium Member

You just can't start Millsap and 4 guards against a big team night in and night out.  Millsap will wear down which he did without rebounding help.  You can't expect Millsap to guard the other team's best player and be a force on offense all game long.  Millsap is a good player but isn't a superstar so get someone big and strong like Hump to help with defense and reboundng.  Plus you can't start Korver and Baze together anyway because it hurts Schröder.  Bud's line ups are a mess.  There is no logic what so ever to his line ups.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You just can't start Millsap and 4 guards against a big team night in and night out.  Millsap will wear down which he did without rebounding help.  Millsap is a good player but isn't a superstar so get someone big and strong like Hump to help with defense and reboundng.  Plus you can't start Korver and Baze together anyway because it hurts Schröder.  Bud's line ups are a mess.  There is no logic what so ever to his line ups.

Hump has been an even bigger disaster than Muscala this year! All of the backup bigs have stunk this season!

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Hump has been an even bigger disaster than Muscala this year! All of the backup bigs have stunk this season!

That's where coach comes into play...Hump does a few things verywell and one is bang and play defense which was needed tonight.  Korver plays like garbage but yet there is some justification for him to be out there for 30 plus minutes a game.. But you can't find 15 minutes for Hump in a time of need?...Just ridiculous

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

That's where coach comes into play...Hump does a few things verywell and one is bang and play defense which was needed tonight.  Korver plays like garbage but yet there is some justification for him to be out there for 30 plus minutes a game.. But you can't find 15 minutes for Hump in a time of need?...Just ridiculous

Hump does nothing well this season for the modern game of NBA basketball. If he got the mins he would have been just as leaky defensively on the perimeter.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Hump does nothing well this season for the modern game of NBA basketball. If he got the mins he would have been just as leaky defensively on the perimeter.

How do you F'ing know???? He has barely played this season!!!!

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

How do you F'ing know???? He has barely played this season!!!!

Except he has played a big enough sample size and is below -10 on the +/- ratio. Muscala hasn't been good lately but Humphries was absolutely horrible when he was in the rotation.

Cut every single backup big. Every single one of them.

I still maintain that we should either use Hump and Kelly in games

or release them and sign two D league players.

"Use it or lose it" is an old saw that applies here, I believe.  Use them

or lose them.  They are both useless in any game we have played

in any recent memory.

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Who has the higher per??? Korver or Hump???

Why does it matter when both of them are not good. Hump has the higher per but a -11.1 on the court +/- ratio, again he's been an unobjected disaster when he's been on the court, period. And he's played 20 games (just 10 minutes but still) so it's not exactly a small sample size.

Every single one of these stretch fours need to get cut, but because they shoot threes they'll stay.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He was this season. He was below -10 on the +/- ratio. He's done nothing outside of the playoffs here, nothing

You can't rate him because he never gets playing time and a chance to get any rhythm. I will never understand everyone's obsession with Muscala. I don't think he would be on most nba rosters.

1 minute ago, Trout7 said:

You can't rate him because he never gets playing time and a chance to get any rhythm. I will never understand everyone's obsession with Muscala. I don't think he would be on most nba rosters.

He's played 20 games and 10 minutes per game in those, a PLENTY big enough sample size. He's been total trash this season and has never been a good NBA player.

He needs to be cut. So do Kelly and Muscala.