• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford on The Vertical Podcast

Bankingitbig

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

mmmmm....what'd you know about unwadding panties??

:saythat:

5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Our standard age for starting pitchers.

We got 2 now is Colon and Dickey lol

Yea... Can we start moving these threads to "Around the Association"?

As for his comments; in a way he's right.  Boston has a lot of assets.  Atlanta is trying to dig out of years of poor management while Boston traded away their championship pieces to rebuild.  Guess Atlanta should have traded their over-the-hill players when they had the chance.  Wouldn't you agree, Mr. Horford?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

The Vertical Podcast with Chris Mannix had Al Horford on the show today. He talked a lot about his decision to go to Boston and his overall free agency. He basically said that he believed Boston had the best shot at getting a championship going forward and that is why he made the decision to go there. He said at the end of the day it was between Boston and Atlanta. He said Atlanta's decision to sign Dwight had no impact on his decision. Not good at providing links while at work, but go to http://sports.yahoo.com/thevertical/ for the podcast.

He was also asked point blank if he considers himself a center and said no. I saw yesterday or the day before that his sister, Anna Horford, was again saying that Boston needs to get a true center alongside Horford. Oh how cute... lol

I know some people are tired of hearing about Horford, but thought some might enjoy to hear him talk about his free agency.

So he thinks Boston would be better than this team had he stayed? I find that hard to believe. Maybe a front court of Sap, Horford and Dwight wouldn't have worked, but Sap or someone probably would have got dealt. Or perhaps he didn't have much faith in Dennis as a starter?

Maybe he thought they were going to get Durant.

Either way, Boston isn't winning a title and they wouldn't beat Cleveland if they had landed Durant and Horford both because those three are not better than Lebron, Irving and Love. Period.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

10 hours ago, AHF said:

Taking some of that as his current party line - especially the "I thought Boston had the best chance at a championship and that is why I am here.  I am all about the winning.  Which is why I jumped to the team that lost in the first round last year and left the team that beat them and then added Dwight Howard as a huge addition to Sap and I in the frontcourt."

I don't understand why he couldn't take a paycut and go to SA/GS. 

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

We gave you exactly what you wanted - a Center.  Just not enough money.

Dude got an ego. He knew the Dwight signing would take away from his shine. He almost signed with WAS so clearly this wasn't about winning. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

So he thinks Boston would be better than this team had he stayed? I find that hard to believe. Maybe a front court of Sap, Horford and Dwight wouldn't have worked, but Sap or someone probably would have got dealt. Or perhaps he didn't have much faith in Dennis as a starter?

Maybe he thought they were going to get Durant.

Either way, Boston isn't winning a title and they wouldn't beat Cleveland if they had landed Durant and Horford both because those three are not better than Lebron, Irving and Love. Period.

Like I said, he should have went to GS/SA if he was all about winning, two teams that beat LeBron in the Finals before. Meanwhile, Boston may get put out the first/second round if they can't avoid TOR/CLE.

19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

We gave you exactly what you wanted - a Center.  Just not enough money.

This is gold. How can anyone trust anything the guy says? He's just trying to be PC and say what everyone wants to hear but it's so easy to see right through it because there is no logic to it. 

He went because his daddy and wifey made him. And the money thing too.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The part about Dwight is BS.   If Dwight didn't make it more attractive to re-sign with Atlanta then it absolutely made a difference.  If he was indifferent to a major free agent signing that moves him to his preferred position then that says a lot about his interest in playing with Dwight.  

• Moderators
14 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I don't understand why he couldn't take a paycut and go to SA/GS. 

Hmmm...since he was all about winning a ring it must have been because Boston is better positioned than those weak sauce teams to win a championship.  Because it is really about winning.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AHF said:

Hmmm...since he was all about winning a ring it must have been because Boston is better positioned than those weak sauce teams to win a championship.  Because it is really about winning.

Right! They can't even get out of the first round.

19 hours ago, AHF said:

Thas some mighty-fine snark you got goings on, AH.  I learned you well.

Lastly, after seeing all these "podcasts" and "insider reports" and such, I'm convinced I can make some cheese peddling NBA "news".  I mean, what are the qualifications for these guys?  Speak loud, sound definitive yet oddly vague.  I got that covered.

Next Friday is going to be a sad, yet satisfying day.   Horford is without a doubt one of the best players this franchise has had in the past 20 years, and arguably a top 15 Hawk of all time.  And he did lead us to the ECF, something that no other Atlanta Hawk has been able to do. 

But the venom he will receive next Friday ( on national TV ) will absolutely be deserved.   This will be the most hate he's received since his days as a Florida Gator.  And most of us SEC fans hated Noah far worse than Horford, or any other player on that Florida squad.  It will be very interesting to see how he responds to that.

Who in the hell would've thought 6 years ago, that the core player most fans would have less apathy toward . . . is Marvin Williams?

Joe Johnson is in the twilight of his career, but was routinely booed since the Hawks traded him.

Josh Smith completely torched his Hawks bridge with the fans with his "bandwaggoners" comment in 2015.

But Horford, who was the Teflon Don for years with the lack of criticism thrown his way, will be the most hated out of that trio.

That's absolutely incredible.

A trio that brought us back from the dead, will never get the appreciation they deserve.  And yet, that's probably how it should be.  Maybe in 10 years, the fans will forgive.  I doubt it though.

• Moderators

We supported him the most and needed him the most.  His departure hurt the most.

Until you learn that it is all about the Green.  Celtic Green that is!  Truly a matter of wanting to be true to Boston, a city he called home for so many years.  Or all about maximizing his chance to win that ring.  Or whatever else sounds good in the context of an interview that isn't "I begged for a center for years then when they got one I bailed for a minuscule amount of money relative to my total contract.  Green b$&*#es!"

• Like 3