Honest question: Does Dunleavy bring anything to the roster worth keeping?

sturt

43 minutes ago, sturt said:

Cut him, @Spud2Nique ?

I dunno. If a wing goes down for an injury, it seems like it would be better to have Dunleavy still on the bench than not.

If we use him as an 11th or 12th man that's fine for me. I just would not want him to eat into anyone else's time specially our rookies. Either that or send him to a 3rd team which  I guess they are looking at doing now.

I believe Hawks dropped #12 in their rotation, Ryan Kelly, and

this is his replacement.

In his prime, some time ago, he was good.  If there is anything left

in the tank and we do not trade or drop him. Bud will find it and use

it to the fullest.  After all, he's no rookie.

• Like 4

Why Dunleavy is no Korver - better defense due to being taller.  Slower release. Unlike Korver, Dunleavy has the size to play the 3. Because of this, Baze is back to be being a 2, his normal position.  Dunleavy seemingly is a better fit. for 10-15 minutes a game if the rooks can't step up. This is a good blog from 2014.  http://www.blogabull.com/2014/11/19/7246255/in-praise-of-mike-dunleavy-jr

• Like 1

Per Coach Bud:

Despite looking to move Dunleavy, he is expected to join the Hawks as soon as possible. He won’t be with the team for Saturday’s game at the Mavericks.

“We will bring him in,” Budenholzer said. “I think he’s got the type of game and a skill set that I think he could be very good playing for us. We’ll just have to see how he is, integrate him, continue to build. He’s a player who we’ve liked, and personal I’ve liked, for a long time. We’ll see how he fits into our mix.

10 minutes ago, cavsfan said:

all kyle has to do is camp out at the three line... cavs have enough weapons he will get alot of open looks..    far as his defense..  if its middle of the road at best..we can live with that...  

Welcome aboard! Congrats on Korver he's a hell of a guy on and off the court.

ps Can you guys take back Mo and Dunleavy?...we good...lol

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Coach Bud:

Oh no...why? I don't want to build...lol...not with Dunmurphy...sorry I mean Dunleavy..Troy Smurphy has long since retired..

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Welcome aboard! Congrats on Korver he's a hell of a guy on and off the court.

ps Can you guys take back Mo and Dunleavy?...we good...lol

we're 13 million over the cap already..  so no thanks enjoy your new members.

Just now, cavsfan said:

we're 13 million over the cap already..  so no thanks enjoy your new members.

Dang you! Lol. We might have to forcibly enjoy Dun but bye bye Less buckets ..

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Oh no...why? I don't want to build...lol...not with Dunmurphy...sorry I mean Dunleavy..Troy Smurphy has long since retired..

I don't think it's permanent.  He can still be traded before the deadline.

5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Wow. Didn't know Dunleavy is 6'9.5 (basically 6'10) with shoes.

I do like the fact that Dunleavy can attack a close out

He's no Kyle at shooting 3's but he can handle the ball better than  Kyle.  That said he  should only  be a break glass in  case of emergency player.  Minutes should now go to THjr,  Bembry and Prince.

7 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Wow. Didn't know Dunleavy is 6'9.5 (basically 6'10) with shoes.

I do like the fact that Dunleavy can attack a close out

His game is much more dynamic than Kyle's, I will give him that. Not as good of a shooter and not quite as good moving without the ball, but he has decent skills, can handle the ball, and go inside. Looks like we have a team option on him for next year that is pretty cheap, so if he sticks around it won't be the worst thing that's ever happened. I used to really want Dunleavy's to come off the bench behind Korver a year or two ago

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

His game is much more dynamic than Kyle's, I will give him that. Not as good of a shooter and not quite as good moving without the ball, but he has decent skills, can handle the ball, and go inside. Looks like we have a team option on him for next year that is pretty cheap, so if he sticks around it won't be the worst thing that's ever happened. I used to really want Dunleavy's to come off the bench behind Korver a year or two ago

I knew he had 1 year left - even better that it's a team option. I missed that.

11 hours ago, thecampster said:

Dunleavy seemingly is a better fit. for 10-15 minutes a game if the rooks can't step up. This is a good blog from 2014.

Dunleavy had back surgery in 2015 when with the Bulls and this year an article on the the Cavs ESPN page actually mentioned him missing many wide open threes which they think may be back related. Link is after the initial recovery period from surgery. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/14262550/mike-dunleavy-chicago-bulls-setback-recovery-back-surgery

• Like 1