• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap not Allstar Worthy?

Diesel

I hope Hawks are snubbed. Chip on their shoulders, under the radar, underdogs. The fact that Westbrook isn't a starter shows the All-Star process is a complete sham.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 4

Looking at objectively, Sap's numbers are on par with his last three seasons, each of which were all star seasons. His fg% is the lowest of any of those years and any of his career but he bumped up Gus assist numbers by a bit. He's got Love on fg%, assists, steals and blocks. I think the coaches should take that into heavy consideration as steals n blocks are a couple signs that the guy is kicking ass on D. Porzingis has decent numbers that look all star worthy but his team is out of the playoff picture and that says a lot.

I think Sap should get in easily as we are a top 4 team in the east and Sap is one of the main reasons why. He's our anchorman and our soon to be 4 time consecutive ATL Hawk all star. The only other Hawk players that have that distinction are Nique who did it from 1986-1994....9 straight and JJ who had 6 consecutive 2006-2011.

Not Al

Not Deke

Not Smitty

Not Mookie

Not Willis

12 minutes ago, hazer said:

I hope Hawks are snubbed. Chip on their shoulders, under the radar, underdogs. The fact that Westbrook isn't a starter shows the All-Star process is a complete sham.

Fans shouldn't have a main vote. They should have like 25% say in the all star reserves at best. You got a bunch of ballet stuffing Georgians ready to nominate Zaza for presidency..lol...I love Zaza but comon.

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

Personally, I think Love benefits from the Lebron effect. 

Offensively both of these guys are good, but neither plays defense on ball as good as sap. 

What do you think?

Look, I love Sap, but Love > Sap.  Look at Love's stats before Lebron. Last year in Minny, 26/12.5.  Seriously, he's down 6 points and 2 rebounds playing with Lebron. I'd trade Sap in a New York minute for Love.

Porzingas over Sap - stop the crazy talk.  

Porzy is an intriguing talent with tons of upside but Allstar he's not. If that NY team was in Denver, with that record, would he be considered? No, it's the NY effect.

Is Jokic being considered for the West team? Cause I'd take him over Porzy.

2 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Porzingis belongs in the rookie-sophomore game. ASG, maybe next year, but not this year at Paul'sexpense. Teams under .500 shouldn't have anyone selected by the coach, IMO.

And teams from ATL should have 3 All Stars at least :cool:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thecampster said:

Look, I love Sap, but Love > Sap.  Look at Love's stats before Lebron. Last year in Minny, 26/12.5.  Seriously, he's down 6 points and 2 rebounds playing with Lebron. I'd trade Sap in a New York minute for Love.

Yeah, but Love never won anything as a main guy and he never would. He doesn't have any heart or toughness.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Honestly, Sap hasn't played at an all-star level all season.  He has for much of the season, but not all season so far.  I could see him getting snubbed.

However, to hear guys tout dudes on losing teams and have the narrative be "ah, man you gotta include X from this/that team, don't you?" is the ridiculous part.  Many folks are saying that about Wall/Beal, Embiid, Whiteside, etc.  All these dudes from teams winning less than the Hawks?  Really?  They should be thinking along the lines, "Aye, we all poo-poo the Hawks but they're probably gonna be in 2/3 by the ASB so we gotta include somebody ..."

And on Whiteside, Embiid, BLopez and the like .. to me, there's a difference between having all-star stats and having an all-star season.  Big stats on losing teams shouldn't impress coaches IMEO.

ETA: Kemba Walker is another people are clamoring to make the team.  Sorry, them dudes have been awful for as much of the season as they've been 'pretty good'.  All-star?  Nah.

Edited by kg01

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Honestly, Sap hasn't played at an all-star level all season.  He has for much of the season, but not all season so far.  I could see him getting snubbed.

However, to hear guys tout dudes on losing teams and have the narrative be "ah, man you gotta include X from this/that team, don't you?" is the ridiculous part.  Many folks are saying that about Wall/Beal, Embiid, Whiteside, etc.  All these dudes from teams winning less than the Hawks?  Really?  They should be thinking along the lines, "Aye, we all poo-poo the Hawks but they're probably gonna be in 2/3 by the ASB so we gotta include somebody ..."

And on Whiteside, Embiid, BLopez and the like .. to me, there's a difference between having all-star stats and having an all-star season.  Big stats on losing teams shouldn't impress coaches IMEO.

ETA: Kemba Walker is another people are clamoring to make the team.  Sorry, them dudes have been awful for as much of the season as they've been 'pretty good'.  All-star?  Nah.

What in God's name are you blathering about?

IMG_8129.GIF

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

I'd take Horford, Whiteside, Embiid and Brook Lopez over him.

Al's assist number looks good but other than that i'm not seeing how Al is having a better season that Sap.   Al's shooting and rebounding are just average or below.   I haven't looked at the Embiid or Lopez though.   I don't think being on a crappy team should automatically disqualify them.   But they'd have to be doing really well.

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Al's assist number looks good but other than that i'm not seeing how Al is having a better season that Sap.   Al's shooting and rebounding are just average or below.   I haven't looked at the Embiid or Lopez though.   I don't think being on a crappy team should automatically disqualify them.   But they'd have to be doing really well.

It's kind of hard to compare Al and Sap. They play different positions. I'd think with the hype Boston received this offseason, the fact he's liked by coaches and playing for Boston may work in his favor.

• Like 1