• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we need a scorer.............

Vol4ever

58 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

who can score on anyone at anytime.  Lou Williams can be had.  I say the hawks should go after him.  

@Vol4ever What are we trading for him? Splitter's expiring works as a stand alone deal - LAL, probably looking for picks as well - Brooklyn 2017 2nd.

To expand the deal:

Splitter, Baze, Scott and Brooklyn 2nd for Mozgov, Lou and Nance - we fix 2 spots, backup C and instant bench offense plus a young prospect.  LAL gets cap relief and 2nd.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Vol4ever What are we trading for him? Splitter's expiring works as a stand alone deal - LAL, probably looking for picks as well - Brooklyn 2017 2nd.

To expand the deal:

Splitter, Baze, Scott and Brooklyn 2nd for Mozgov, Lou and Nance - we fix 2 spots, backup C and instant bench offense plus a young prospect.  LAL gets cap relief and 2nd.

Im with ya on this.  

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Adding Lou means no Delaney.  Can't play them both together for an extended period of time, due to defense.

Lou is having a tremendous season though.  It's between he and Eric Gordon for the 6th man of the year award this season.

Situational circumstances will determine playing time.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Adding Lou means no Delaney.  Can't play them both together for an extended period of time, due to defense.

Lou is having a tremendous season though.  It's between he and Eric Gordon for the 6th man of the year award this season.

I mostly agree, but not completely... and/but regardless, don't see that as a problem.

My working theory, though, has been that LAL is going to hold out for a high price... you're either going to have to fork over a 1st or you're going to have to accommodate Deng and his $18m contract someway somehow in the deal. I'm slow to think Budcox is going to see Lou Will as a viable option, as a result.

21 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

So let me understand something... Why LA are trading Lou and Nance to get nothing from us?

'Cause they're tanking and guys like Mozgov, Lou and Deng don't match their timeframe for winning.  In exchange for us (or some other team) providing them salary relief, they'll likely have to come up off a guy like Nantz.

32 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

So let me understand something... Why LA are trading Lou and Nance to get nothing from us?

If they are trying to dump the contracts of Mozgov, Deng and Lou - they have to offer an incentive - Moz and Deng have big contracts and not part of their future.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk dijo:

If they are trying to dump the contracts of Mozgov, Deng and Lou - they have to offer an incentive - Moz and Deng have big contracts and not part of their future.

I can understand trying to dump Mozgov but do not think they are interested on trading Lou, he is a bargain at that price and is an important piece of what they are doing today

15 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

ugh ... I don't want Lou back ... was happy when he was shipped out the first time

I knew your fingerprints would be on this thread sooner or later...:-)

Lou is a steal at $7m/yr for the rest of this year and next. Perennial sixth man candidate. Gets on insane runs of hitting damn near anything on the floor, especially from deep when moving to his left. And an Atlanta guy. I would welcome him back with open arms, but that's also because im partial to having Atlanta people on the roster so it doesn't feel so much like we are just cheering for jerseys. (I think if we had to have rosters with something like 50-75% from the state where your team is then Atlanta would kill most other teams. But anyway...) you don't turn away that kind of production (18.5 ppg) on that kind of a deal even if it comes from a crappy team. Depends on what they're asking of course. But you try and make something work if he is available.

• Like 4

• Moderators
'Cause they're tanking and guys like Mozgov, Lou and Deng don't match their timeframe for winning.  In exchange for us (or some other team) providing them salary relief, they'll likely have to come up off a guy like Nantz.

I like the idea of getting three guys that fill three needs on our roster, all the while dumping Splitter and Bazemore... but I hate the idea of bringing back old prom dates. The history this team has with Lou and Deng should be enough to say no... Is tempting tho. Deng can still defend and give 8 ppg. Lou is a proven 6th man. Mozgov would be a nice pairing for Moose tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like Lou could balance out the backcourt backup minutes with him and Bembry playing at the same time. Bembry with his size and defense even with no perimeter shot yet surely would workout better than having Delaney involved. Our defense likely would not suffer as much as it would look on paper because of Bembry and we know Lou would most often cover plenty of scoring for us and also get to the foul line to help our scoring efficiency with his free throw percentage (88% this season).

• Like 2