Hey "Big Al"...

volman

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yeah, not even Supes was willing to give him as much credit as the Boston media did.

I seem to recall a plethora of thinly-veiled 'i told you so' threads after we lost to them.  Today?  Crickets ....

I hear Boston fans and other pundits say Stevens should post him up more.  That boy ain't never have a post game even when he was a grinder.  He could "operate" down there versus bad post defenders when he actually realized the importance of drawing fouls.  His best post exhibition ever was a game versus Love during the 60 win season: he skewered him 6 straight times I vaguely recall. He had one post score versus Ilyasova last night and I was like "boo!"  Weak ass fadeaway.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I hear Boston fans and other pundits say Stevens should post him up more.  That boy ain't never have a post game even when he was a grinder.  He could "operate" down there versus bad post defenders when he actually realized the importance of drawing fouls.  His best post exhibition ever was a game versus Love during the 60 win season: he skewered him 6 straight times I vaguely recall. He had one post score versus Ilyasova last night and I was like "boo!"  Weak ass fadeaway.

The best thing that ever comes from Al's post up game is him randomly getting an assist hitting an open three point shooter which good defense prevents. History just doesn't lie about that stuff and his awkwardness in the post is the same issue as it was years ago. Robot after a rainstorm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

The best thing that ever comes from Al's post up game is him randomly getting an assist hitting an open three point shooter which good defense prevents. History just doesn't lie about that stuff and his awkwardness in the post is the same issue as it was years ago. Robot after a rain storm. 

his face up and jab step a hole into the floor and look confused because the defender just stands there and looks at him like he's stupid game was hall of fame worthy

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

I seem to recall a plethora of thinly-veiled 'i told you so' threads after we lost to them.  Today?  Crickets ....

16 hours ago, cam1218 said:

Ah, the memories of Horford posting up. When I think of her posting up, I recall some awkward body movements backing into the defender (grinding?), a hook shot and then a clap after she saw it didn't go in but knew it was a hell of a try. 

You left out the feet  shuffling travel he used to do before he missed the shot.

Heh, realgm delivers sometimes.  Some dude a name-a @GlenRiceARoni pondered the following ...

When Horford and Olynyk go against each other in practice do all the rebounds just hit the floor?

I chuckled sensibly.

Its as if Celtics fans never saw him play before  he was signed. Good player but not even close to being a max player. They already want him out of town lol.

I actually thought he was playing softer last year because he didn't want to get hurt and cash in  on free agency. But it looks like Al has lost that hustle and tenacity  he had before the injuries .

I think he is also realizing just how good he had it here as far as the media goes. The ATL media was paper tissue soft but the media up there is killing him. They are not going to let him slide with that mediocre play

And I think they Celtics are going to regret not getting Butler or George. If you shut Thomas down they cant score and don't have a reliable second option. They better hope that draft pick delivers

• Like 4

On 2/28/2017 at 5:07 PM, benhillboy said:

That is one of my favorite Hawks memories. That arena was quiet as a library and you could hear our bench erupt every time Horford abused Love. I don't think it was quite 6 times, but it may as well have been a million times compared to his usual output.  

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Now it looks like the Celtics may have been overlooking the Hawks and seeing them as no big deal. :|

Bull - When we lose to the Orlando's of the world do you say the Hawks overlook them? No - we beat the brakes off them fair and square.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Lurker said:

Now it looks like the Celtics may have been overlooking the Hawks and seeing them as no big deal. :|

Do you mean this game or just in general?   I don't think they overlooked the Hawks.   I mean they barely beat us last time.   But, i do think the Celtics were tired and couldn't hit the shots they normally make.   Not discounting the victory because we pounded them good, but we shouldn't get over confident because we could still improve on defending the 3.   They missed a bunch of open ones.   

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Lurker said:

Come on.  They were doing extra press all week with Horford having to talk about facing the Hawks and IT having to talk about the Dennis rivalry. In both cases, their playoff loss to us was brought up.  You think they forgot that?  Just got it handed to them that game.

• Like 1