• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nique said something very mportant.

willthepureshooter

Did you all hear Niques comment regarding Dennis' suspension. Well if you missed it, he said ever since his suspension he hasn't played well. And this was my main reason why I was against Buds decision. The point guard sets the tone for the team and gets all players involved. The game's about chemistry and rhythm, in which, we've lacked in opening quarters besides todays game. But Dennis hasn't come out aggressively and attacked his matchup since the allstar break. Our current rut is solely on Bud and his decision. 

In other news, why does Baze make the same mistakes game over game? I'm glad Darvin sat him down during the 4th quarter stretch. His turnovers and decision making lost us a lot of opportunities. 

• Like 1

vor 8 Minuten, Hotlanta1981 sagte:

Nique is too stupid to say something important. Dennis is in over his head as a starter because he has a very limited skill set and he is streaky. Anything other than that is an excuse.

Wouldn't really say he has a limited skillset. Hes just really sluggish and really needs to work on his decision making. He actually has the skills to abuse just about every pg night in night out on offense. He has to be more balanced between his midrange game and layups. Because now it seems like he either sticking to one or another. He has to be coached at this point to get that together. But talking about coaching..

• Like 4

Just now, StephenHawking said:

Wouldn't really say he has a limited skillset. Hes just really sluggish and really needs to work on his decision making. He actually has the skills to abuse just about every pg night in night out on offense. He has to be more balanced between his midrange game and layups. Because now it seems like he either sticking to one or another. He has to be coached at this point to get that together. But talking about coaching..

What I mean is that he is limited to being an inefficient scorer. He isn't a good defender or passer, and he isn't much for leadership. He has failed as a starter. He should be a scorer off the bench, but now a huge investment has already been made. When Budcox gets fired the new mangement should get rid of Dennis quick.

• Like 1

vor 9 Minuten, StephenHawking sagte:

Don't feed the troll bro.

• Like 1

Just now, Hotlanta1981 sagte:

What I mean is that he is limited to being an inefficient scorer. He isn't a good defender or passer, and he isn't much for leadership. He has failed as a starter. He should be a scorer off the bench, but now a huge investment has already been made. When Budcox gets fired the new mangement should get rid of Dennis quick.

To me honestly he's in no way worse than Teague nor about half of the starting pgs in the league. Hes no top tier pg that's for sure. But give him time. With his skillset a necessary thing is maturity. And he lacking in that department big time. 

I think he's right what he should be in his first starting season. Could've pan out way worse.

There is a noticeable difference between now and December, he is not doing terrible but he's not even impacting the game in the frustrating but impactful way he did then, and I know that you're not a big fan of him, will.

There are periods in which it looks like he's sulking on the court, and that's not a good way to play in any sport. Outside of Boston in the second half when I've watched, he's sulking, disengaged, and disinterested.

handling millennial types today is dangerous, some of them won't be mad about punishment, they'll be sad and will sulk.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lurker said:

There is a noticeable difference between now and December, he is not doing terrible but he's not even impacting the game in the frustrating but impactful way he did then, and I know that you're not a big fan of him, will.

There are periods in which it looks like he's sulking on the court, and that's not a good way to play in any sport. Outside of Boston in the second half when I've watched, he's sulking, disengaged, and disinterested.

handling millennial types today is dangerous, some of them won't be mad about punishment, they'll be sad and will sulk.

Umm.. I like Dennis. I dislike his poor play and mismanagement of possessions. 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

GMs and coaches are now required to be psychcologist no doubt. Pops always was that but right now Spoelstra is looking brilliant as well. As many have said, Bud needs to just coach so as to do a better job and work on his Psych major rapidly because our point guard has to be ready for the playoffs which are now just around the corner. 

Someone said Dennis was inconsistent.....with all respect possible I'm sorry but that is indeed a lie. In fact  I'd say Dennis is pretty damn efficient as first time starter in the NBA.

fg%45

3pt%-33 (not bad not great...was around the 35% entering ASG break)

avg pts - 17

i think we all need to be more clear on what inefficiency we are speaking on cause overall Dennis has shown to be an efficient scorer as a starter on offense anyways. Defense however doesn't show up on the stat sheet....for Dennis to be hovering around 45 & 46% on his fgs as first time starter is awesome and not much us fans can complain about.

3 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

To me honestly he's in no way worse than Teague nor about half of the starting pgs in the league. Hes no top tier pg that's for sure. But give him time. With his skillset a necessary thing is maturity. And he lacking in that department big time. 

I think he's right what he should be in his first starting season. Could've pan out way worse.

Bud didn't do a good job surrounding Dennis the talent to succeed. Dennis need shooters all around him, not guys like Dwight. 

Dominique was talking about Dennis' TOs - 15 the last 4 games and his agressiveness or lack thereof since the suspension. 

This is on Dennis, you wanted to be a starter, Bud had the confidence in him and gave it to him. Being a starter comes with the responsibility of being a leader on and off the court as the PG. Personal responsibility has to account fir something.

Dennis will be fine, I'm not worried about him.  This is all learning experiences for him. It could be he's just hit a wall. First season playing this many minutes.

vor 15 Stunden, BigDog90 sagte:

Bud didn't do a good job surrounding Dennis the talent to succeed. Dennis need shooters all around him, not guys like Dwight. 

I'm partially with you. 

Dwight is absolutely a bad match with Dennis. Dennis is a maestro in the PnR and PnP. Dwight plays neither one moreover he's just glued to the paint and doesn't have the best set of hands. Horford was the perfect match with Dennis considering to maximise Dennis efficiency.  He needs someone who's setting a good screen who is able to hit a pull up j and has good hands (like Millsap too). 

19 hours ago, willthepureshooter said:

Did you all hear Niques comment regarding Dennis' suspension. Well if you missed it, he said ever since his suspension he hasn't played well. And this was my main reason why I was against Buds decision. The point guard sets the tone for the team and gets all players involved. The game's about chemistry and rhythm, in which, we've lacked in opening quarters besides todays game. But Dennis hasn't come out aggressively and attacked his matchup since the allstar break. Our current rut is solely on Bud and his decision. 

In other news, why does Baze make the same mistakes game over game? I'm glad Darvin sat him down during the 4th quarter stretch. His turnovers and decision making lost us a lot of opportunities. 

Uh dude, I would put more on missing two practice right after the break than a suspension.   That was a long layoff that he made two days longer.  

Meh, Dennis was struggling before the break and has continued to largely struggle afterwards.  Also, he played quite well vs Loston so ...

I'd be curious to see his minute totals right now as compared to the amount of minutes he's played in prior years.

I'm cool with Nique's insights which, as @TheNorthCydeRises whined about, haven't been totally off.  However, I think he's misdiagnosing Dennis here.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Meh, Dennis was struggling before the break and has continued to largely struggle afterwards.  Also, he played quite well vs Loston so ...

I'd be curious to see his minute totals right now as compared to the amount of minutes he's played in prior years.

I'm cool with Nique's insights which, as @TheNorthCydeRises whined about, haven't been totally off.  However, I think he's misdiagnosing Dennis here.

Don't talk shit about northcyde when he's on eBay looking for Melo cabbage patch mini dolls to complete his set at home. 

28 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Don't talk shit about northcyde when he's on eBay looking for Melo cabbage patch mini dolls to complete his set at home. 

Did you mean "voodoo" when you said "cabbage patch"?  Probably, yes.

Speaking of which, has anyone been to the cabbage patch store or w/e?  kg02's friend had a birthday party out there.  Oh man, creepy place.  If you weren't afraid of dolls coming to life before, you certainly will be after going to that place.  We ended up being there at closing time.  *shudders*

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Did you mean "voodoo" when you said "cabbage patch"?  Probably, yes.

Speaking of which, has anyone been to the cabbage patch store or w/e?  kg02's friend had a birthday party out there.  Oh man, creepy place.  If you weren't afraid of dolls coming to life before, you certainly will be after going to that place.  We ended up being there at closing time.  *shudders*

Never been a fan of cabbage patch dolls when I was little - more so now - they're scary.

I had garbage pail kids when I was 8....Marvelous Marvin had a really jacked up face...:-( He was like bleeding from his veiny ass eyes too...creepy shits..lol