• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud

StephenHawking

I would like to hear what you guys think of our coaching staff especially coach bud. Positives and negatives. 

I'm kinda angry with him. You know I stay up late (i.e. it's now 4 am in germany) and have to watch how the coaching staff is mismanaging game after game. BUD can't swallow his pride. Thats my main complaint. He rather stays with things not working than make a change and having to admit failure. He rather plays baze 30 min than accepting that he's if at all a rotational player. To me Bud is a assistant coach and nothing more. Hes great at developing that's where he's needed. But he's a bad coach and cant coach without let his emotions be part of it

• Like 4

He has been totally exposed. His defensive schemes are retarded at best. How many times do we have 3 to 4 players collapsing the paint (when we have D.Howard there to defend it) only to get the ball thrown out onto the perimeter, swung around to a super hot 3 point shooter who is WIDE PUCKING OPEN. Like literally every single time down the floor. WAKE UP BUD. YOU DUI SCUM. UR A DISGRACE.

Also the benching of Dennis was flat out retarded. There are many more examples. Bud's rotation is retarded too. Too many minutes for Baze. Too few for Dennis. Leaving Malcom in for extended periods while our offense suffers. Bud just makes the "standard" substitutions I.E., when the opposing starter PG comes in, Dennis will come in. It's fuckknig stupid. Let's Dennis come in earlier and TORCH the 2nd string PG.

W/e, I'm done. Bud is retarded. He shouldn't be GM, and he should barely be coach. I don't know. This is a talented team. More proper lobs for D. Howard and we should be shooting mass 3 pointers like every other f***ing team in the league. We have the talent for it.

Bud is stupid. Can his ass. 

• Like 3

vor 7 Minuten, LK6969 sagte:

He has been totally exposed. His defensive schemes are retarded at best. How many times do we have 3 to 4 players collapsing the paint (when we have D.Howard there to defend it) only to get the ball thrown out onto the perimeter, swung around to a super hot 3 point shooter who is WIDE PUCKING OPEN. Like literally every single time down the floor. WAKE UP BUD. YOU DUI SCUM. UR A DISGRACE.

Also the benching of Dennis was flat out retarded. There are many more examples. Bud's rotation is retarded too. Too many minutes for Baze. Too few for Dennis. Leaving Malcom in for extended periods while our offense suffers. Bud just makes the "standard" substitutions I.E., when the opposing starter PG comes in, Dennis will come in. It's fuckknig stupid. Let's Dennis come in earlier and TORCH the 2nd string PG.

W/e, I'm done. Bud is retarded. He shouldn't be GM, and he should barely be coach. I don't know. This is a talented team. More proper lobs for D. Howard and we should be shooting mass 3 pointers like every other f***ing team in the league. We have the talent for it.

Bud is stupid. Can his ass. 

Thats what I'm saying. I'm amazed how great our youngins did so far this season. We have a great core to move forward with and Bud is making barely anything out of it.

So many wrong and so less right. 

I.e. Choosing Delaney as only other option at pg in the beginning of the season. Not changing sheme's on defense even though playing with a completely different center now. Playing Baze Delaney Thabo Muscala the amount of minutes they played so far. Not playing Hump Bembry Prince for about all of the season. Bad designed last possession plays. Rules like a high school coach. Can't swallow his pride. Subs out when hot subs in when cold. Etc. Could go on forever.

• Premium Member

I was a Bud supporter until right now. Seeing he blatantly throwing a perfectly winnable game (against the Warriors, no less) away because of such BS... I don't think he cares about the fans or for the players for that matter. 

He's looking really selfish to me right now. I'm fed up with his antics and wish he would step down. I mean, players can't be happy with him right now. Hawks are about to implode because of all that BS he puts out.

FRACK BUD.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I was a Bud supporter until right now. Seeing he blatantly throwing a perfectly winnable game (against the Warriors, no less) away because of such BS... I don't think he cares about the fans or for the players for that matter. 

He's looking really selfish to me right now. I'm fed up with his antics and wish he would step down. I mean, players can't be happy with him right now. Hawks are about to implode because of all that BS he puts out.

FRACK BUD.

Well said Bud is going to have to make me a believer again. I can't keep giving him a pass. With that said I don't see him getting fired this year but he could be on his way out next season during or after the season ends.

my biggest concerns are:

-bud playing Thabo and Baze together on the floor at the same time 

-giving Thabo and Baze more offensive power than they should have 

-not starting THJ...clearly the best or second best offensive option we have 

-not benching Baze ...PERIOD

-not benching Thabo when he makes boneheaded offensive plays

-Playing Delaney (dude shouldn't even be in the NBA)

- Not playing Calderon ( why the hell did you sign him)

-not allowing one on one on defense 

-playing too much help defense 

-not allowing Howard to protect the rim on his own

-purposely making our defense shrink the floor only to allow all the wide open 3s on obvious kick outs (DAMN...DAMN...DAMMMNNN)

and last but surely not least... not using this lineup as the starting lineup going forward and not looking back:

pg-Dennis (the future)

sg-THJ (the future)

sf-Prince (the future)

pf-Sap

c-Howard 

Ok maybe we should fire bud sooner rather than later! Lmao :banghead:

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

He's stubborn for sure. Which is great if you learn to adjust from being so rigid. He's made Dennis a scapegoat for his crappy rotations. Many times this year he's stuck too long to what's not working. Great example is the aforementioned defense. We make marginal 3pt shooters look like Reggie Miller. 

• Like 2

It seems winning isn't Bud's highest priority. What about Sap?

• If Sap cares about winning, we may not be able to resign him at all.
  • If he doesn't, he will sign the highest offer, there is no reason to give the Hawks a discount.

I suddenly am quite pessimistic and hope Sap won't reunite with Al in green....

Trending flaws being displayed consistently for so much of the season now. Plays guys out of position partially because he doesn't play some guys who deserve the time more and acts like its treason to put rookies on the floor for more than ten minutes a game. Won't bring last night into it too much because in game decision making has lost more than just last nights game and there is quite an active thread on that GSW game. 

5 hours ago, rd79 said:

It seems winning isn't Bud's highest priority. What about Sap?

• If Sap cares about winning, we may not be able to resign him at all.
  • If he doesn't, he will sign the highest offer, there is no reason to give the Hawks a discount.

I suddenly am quite pessimistic and hope Sap won't reunite with Al in green....

I just want you to know being completely honest. Sap has literally no reason to resign here. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I just want you to know being completely honest. Sap has literally no reason to resign here. 

Unfortunately not...he has more of a reason to leave than horford and honestly I'm not expecting him to come back. I think he should move on cause Bud and staff haven't figured it out.

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Bud is trying to teach him the right way to lead.

There are teaching moments then there is this  - punishment not fitting the crime on this one for me.

Fine him, bring him off the bench next game.

I'm puzzled as to why Dwight didn't get the same bench treatment. You don't have an argument with just one player. Unfortunately I didn't get to leave work until after half time, so I had to listen to the radio on the way home.  Several times I heard a lot of disgust in Steve Holman's voice about Dwight's stupid turnovers.  He threw a pass to Sefalosha, which apparently must have been well out of reach, and Holman says he heard Dwight tell Thabo to "go deep" or something to that effect.  I didn't know what happened to Schröder, and assumed he must be hurt or something.

Proving a point is one thing.  Shooting yourself in the foot to do so is foolish.

At this point, I would welcome a change of scenery for Bud, Dwight and Schröder.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There are teaching moments then there is this  - punishment not fitting the crime on this one for me.

Fine him, bring him off the bench next game.

Everyone is overlooking that Dennis was SUCKING after the first quarter.  In the second and 3rd quarter he was 2-8 with 1 assist in 11 minutes.     Announcers had already indicated that there was bickering before the incident with Dwight.   

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Everyone is overlooking that Dennis was SUCKING after the first quarter.  In the second and 3rd quarter he was 2-8 with 1 assist in 11 minutes.     Announcers had already indicated that there was bickering before the incident with Dwight.   

So what ! Curry was 4-15 at one point....you see Kerr pull him out the game?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I'm puzzled as to why Dwight didn't get the same bench treatment. You don't have an argument with just one player. Unfortunately I didn't get to leave work until after half time, so I had to listen to the radio on the way home.  Several times I heard a lot of disgust in Steve Holman's voice about Dwight's stupid turnovers.  He threw a pass to Sefalosha, which apparently must have been well out of reach, and Holman says he heard Dwight tell Thabo to "go deep" or something to that effect.  I didn't know what happened to Schröder, and assumed he must be hurt or something.

Proving a point is one thing.  Shooting yourself in the foot to do so is foolish.

At this point, I would welcome a change of scenery for Bud, Dwight and Schröder.

Dennis yells at dwight, dwight yells at Dennis.  Dennis stands around yelling while the Warriors are playing ball.   Bud yells at Dennis, Dennis yells at Bud.   Dennis sits.     It ain't complicated.     All Dwight did was respond to Dennis yelling at him for making a mistake.   Look at Dwight's locker room comments and I think he's not being given enough credit for being mature (I know i just typed that!).

Just now, JTB said:

So what ! Curry was 4-15 at one point....you see Kerr pull him out the game?

I didn't see Curry checking out of a play then yelling at his coach.   And Dennis is no Curry.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Dennis yells at dwight, dwight yells at Dennis.  Dennis stands around yelling while the Warriors are playing ball.   Bud yells at Dennis, Dennis yells at Bud.   Dennis sits.     It ain't complicated.     All Dwight did was respond to Dennis yelling at him for making a mistake.   Look at Dwight's locker room comments and I think he's not being given enough credit for being mature (I know i just typed that!).

I didn't see Curry checking out of a play then yelling at his coach.   And Dennis is no Curry.   

As I said, I didn't get to see the game until the last few minutes, but if Dwight and Schröder were arguing, I would have to assume that Dwight didn't get back on defense either.  That was my point.

5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Dwight is such an easy target smh...yeah Howard threw some bad passes but Thabo and another player got Howard a 3 seconds in the paint twice cause they were scared to shoot wide open.

Howard had some good rebounds and put backs .....and if you watch the first quarter he was setting some terrific screens to free up our perimeter guys.

i just don't see how much of the blame continues to be Howard and Dennis in these discussions when Thabo and Baze cause more damage...at least in my opinion.

• Like 4

Now honestly and this might sound crazy.... Bud is what Mike Smith was for the Falcons to our Hawks.... he's a stable coach who works great with vets and guys who played and started in the league, but until we find our version of Dan Quinn we won't prosper and our rooks/young guns will continually be babied into playing time in favor of older guys like Baze/Korver/Sef/etc. We need a coach who knows how to incorporate the new guys and feed off their energy in a good way opposed to bud forcing them to get acclimated before they actually get the playing time they deserve. (2/3 years into our system.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Dwight is such an easy target smh...yeah Howard threw some bad passes but Thabo and another player got Howard a 3 seconds in the paint twice cause they were scared to shoot wide open.

Howard had some good rebounds and put backs .....and if you watch the first quarter he was setting some terrific screens to free up our perimeter guys.

i just don't see how much of the blame continues to be Howard and Dennis in these discussions when Thabo and Baze cause more damage...at least in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I have been frustrated all season that Schröder does not get the ball to Dwight down low.  Obviously they see their jobs differently.  Maybe we can trade Schröder to Boston so he can play with Al, and they send us IT.  Then we finally get the "go to" guy.