• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looking at our last month schedule: 3 weeks of relative easy-peazy, and then, 1 final week of an absolute arse-busting gauntlet

sturt

• Premium Member

Some of you are ahead of me, so forgive that I'm only picking up on this now...

Our next-to-last 5 games: Nets (2), Sixers, Suns and Bulls

Our last 5 games: Cavs (2), Celtics, Hornets and Pacers... all in 7 days time, meaning two back-to-backs, and only two days off.

That's a lot of potentially consequential basketball in a concentrated amount of time.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Let's hope that at least the Cavs are in "rest mode" themselves by then....

Yeah, they are 3-5 in the last eight with a couple of LeBron rest nights on those losses. That does skew the numbers of course. Still, they have seemed more mortal this entire year at least. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sturt said:

Our last 5 games: Cavs (2), Celtics, Hornets and Pacers... all in 7 days time, meaning two back-to-backs, and only two days off.

That's a lot of potentially consequential basketball in a concentrated amount of time.

You say eaxy-peazy but we make it hard losing to these kinds of teams, getting blown out and such.

I just want us playing well going into the playoffs. 

The EFFORT on both offense and defense against the Raps and Grizz is what I want to see.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The EFFORT on both offense and defense against the Raps and Grizz is what I want to see.

The best back to back we have shown that I can remember right now. Last night we had just power forwards out working Gasol at the C and earned the win. 

• Like 1

The March schedule actually isn't so bad after tomorrow. The only one I'd really be afraid of facing is Washington, and I'm very close to actually putting them over SAS as the hardest team left in March due to whose missing for SA.

Kawhi is not going to be "magically" back from concussion protocol tomorrow, if there's a game to steal in San Antonio, it's tomorrow.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 3/12/2017 at 0:20 AM, sturt said:

I'm not sure what we did to piss off the schedule makers but the Cavs/Indy/GS 3 games in 4 days was brutal.   Finishing the season with 2 back to backs in one week and facing the Cavs twice.   That sucks man.   Even if they are resting guys that still sucks.   

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:24 PM, Lurker said:

Kawhi is not going to be "magically" back from concussion protocol tomorrow, if there's a game to steal in San Antonio, it's tomorrow.

Goodness gracious, I may have to side with Rev-in-Tampa on "Pop does not want to lose to Bud". He may be back. And if he is I'll have to side with him.

I either underestimated their medical staff or the concussion protocol stuff was all a ploy *fp*. I have to lean with the latter more than anything.

Edited by Lurker

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Goodness gracious, I may have to side with Rev-in-Tampa on "Pop does not want to lose to Bud". He may be back. And if he is I'll have to side with him.

I either underestimated their medical staff or the concussion protocol stuff was all a ploy *fp*. I have to lean with the latter more than anything.

It was a rest day for Kawhi - Pop playing mind games, first with Kerr but then Kerr rested his startes plus Iggy.  Pop don't want to lose to the Hawks - a record since 1997.

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It was a rest day for Kawhi - Pop playing mind games, first with Kerr but then Kerr rested his startes plus Iggy.  Pop don't want to lose to the Hawks - a record since 1997.

I highly doubt Pop cares about that stat. I think the only stat he cares about is winning title #6. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

What a ride this season has been! With Sap out extended period it looked like Hawks might drop out of the playoffs, then finally the team figured out a way to win a couple even with him out and then they pass the most difficult challenges of the season against a team that isn't playing well defensively but has still got to give a confidence boost because they lead the EC.  This entire season the Hawks played down to competition and challenged top teams very well.  Playoffs are going to be very interesting ..

• Like 1