• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to go in a different direction

smoove31210

I think we need to offer Indy the same package that we offered before the deadline, for PG, whether he walks at the end of the following season or not. At least put yourself in a position to win now, and get rid of Baze in the process (I believe he was included in the offer to Indy, to make salaries match). Then you re-sign Sap for the 5 year max, with the last year being a team option. Hopefully then some vets will come to ATL to make our bench stronger. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I agree with some of your points but the bigger picture is that most of the league's gm act like 'ooooh it's the lottery'.   They make trades to move up 2 picks.   So there is a huge difference between picking 17th and 12th.

So a 1st round lottery pick this year is extremely valuable to make trades with.   We may have no hope of finding Kawhi ourselves but if we can trade our 1st for an already established player then i'm all for it.   

Of course the problem at this point is there are only 8 teams that want to be in the playoffs.   Or 7 if you don't count us.   So it will take a collective effort to try to force the pistons or bulls into the playoffs.  We'd have to pretty much throw every game.   

27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Of course the problem at this point is there are only 8 teams that want to be in the playoffs.   Or 7 if you don't count us.   So it will take a collective effort to try to force the pistons or bulls into the playoffs.  We'd have to pretty much throw every game.   

Ya it's not happening. We are probably ending up between 5-7 seed. So much jockeying right now between Boston and Cavs for 1st and the Wiz/Raps for 3rd and us, the Pacers and Bucks for 5th that I'm not sure where I want to be. Lol.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya it's not happening. We are probably ending up between 5-7 seed. So much jockeying right now between Boston and Cavs for 1st and the Wiz/Raps for 3rd and us, the Pacers and Bucks for 5th that I'm not sure where I want to be. Lol.

Can't believe Boston is a game out of 1st.   The only thing that can save this season is another Celtics 1st round elimination.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Can't believe Boston is a game out of 1st.   The only thing that can save this season is another Celtics 1st round elimination.   

I really want us to slip to 8th while the Celts get 1st. Knock them out in a 1/8 matchup and get a higher pick in the draft this year...maybe 15th or 16th pick vs 19-21.

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I really want us to slip to 8th while the Celts get 1st. Knock them out in a 1/8 matchup and get a higher pick in the draft this year...maybe 15th or 16th pick vs 19-21.

Have you seen us play lately?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Have you seen us play lately?

Yes...sadly every game...I've prolly missed 2 games in the last 17 years...:-(

Such an up n down team I'm just hoping the playoffs bring some new life to us I guess.

50 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm just hoping the playoffs bring some new life to us I guess.

I just don't see it man, and I'm as optimistic as they come.

Can't score or defend. If you can't do either with some level of consistency we won't get anywhere.

I can live with the offensive struggles to a point but we can't/won't defend for shit.. This isn't, we know we can't score so you won't either.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can't score or defend. If you can't do either with some level of consistency we won't get anywhere.

I can live with the offensive struggles to a point but we can't/won't defend for shit.. This isn't, we know we can't score so you won't either.

I feel the same way.   I honestly feel like in the playoffs we should start Dennis/Tim/Sap/Ersan/Dwight.   Put the talent on the floor.   

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I feel the same way.   I honestly feel like in the playoffs we should start Dennis/Tim/Sap/Ersan/Dwight.   Put the talent on the floor.   Of course that only works with a healthy Sap and i'm starting to be concerned that he may not want back out there this year.

• Like 1

Since our multiple experiments have not come to fruition would just go with this and don't look back. Will give us some sort of glimpse into next year at the very least. What the hey. 

PG-Dennis, Bembry 

SG-Tim, Baze

SF-Prince,Thabo, remote possibility of Dunleavy for a few

PF-Sap, Ersan

C-Dwight, Kris, Ersan

• Like 2

Look, we ain't great but I'm not ready to bail just yet. We're missing Sap, who's been our best player for a few years now.

IF we resign Sap, we can bring in some bench help with the MLE and our TPEs. Maybe take on a little salary with a Bazemore trade for a better fit.

Long story short, I'd rather keep Sap and deal Howard than do a full tear down.

• Like 3

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Look, we ain't great but I'm not ready to bail just yet. We're missing Sap, who's been our best player for a few years now.

IF we resign Sap, we can bring in some bench help with the MLE and our TPEs. Maybe take on a little salary with a Bazemore trade for a better fit.

Long story short, I'd rather keep Sap and deal Howard than do a full tear down.

I think if we managed to get some real shooters at the wing then this would be a tough team.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think if we managed to get some real shooters at the wing then this would be a tough team.  

I was thinking the same last night. If Bud gets shooters this summer we could run 2014-15 back next year.

Seriously. I know it's all doom and gloom (I've felt it myself), but we've got some solid players. We just need depth and shooters bad. Easier said than done, but I'd try that before blowing it up.

Speaking of which, I think I just came up with a solid Bazemore trade, Imma throw that ish in the trade forum.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Seriously. I know it's all doom and gloom (I've felt it myself), but we've got some solid players. We just need depth and shooters bad. Easier said than done, but I'd try that before blowing it up.

Yeah, definitely agree because going through the drought years again is not healthy for many of us and especially me. Blowing it up would mean absolutely dismal years raining down upon us right around the corner. No thanks. We have some good parts so with that and the draft coming up we can build and maintain a winning rotation. Bud willing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

Speaking of which, I think I just came up with a solid Bazemore trade, Imma throw that ish in the trade forum.

I hear you, but we need more than just 'solid' if the ultimate goal is to win a championship. How many years have we had 'solid'.

Maybe it's the up and down season that has me in this funk but I'm just feeling 'blah'

I think my choice would be to quickly restructure with 2019 and 2020 in mind but I doubt even a quick restructuring happens.

I am pretty sure that none of this happens but my thoughts start with what I posted last night and then.

- Let Millsap walk.
- See if you can trick a team into giving you a first in the 12-15 range for Howard. Maybe Detroit if they're sick of Drummond. If not that, just get another pick around the 16-20 range and still try to move up.
- With said picks, pretty much take your pick from the Patton/Hartenstein/Collins (both) and then guys like Rabb/Adebayo/Jackson/Trier.
- Resign Hardaway Jr and Ilyasova. If not Ilyasova, take a look at Terrence Jones.

Bring in another big man as depth (perhaps a veteran) and maybe one vet wing but otherwise, let it be a team that's about younger players and take the season off.

Bazemore doesn't matter as it's not supposed to be a serious season.

What I'm afraid is actually going to happen may make me sick enough to become my actual screen name for a year or so.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hear you, but we need more than just 'solid' if the ultimate goal is to win a championship. How many years have we had 'solid'.

Maybe it's the up and down season that has me in this funk but I'm just feeling 'blah'

I hear you.   Adding 3 point shooters would return us to being a solid team and possible EC contender but not a real contender.  

Here's the thing.   When was the last team to even make the finals without a legit all star wing?   It doesn't happen.  You can have unreal PGs, PFs, Centers but without that scorer (not a 3&d guy) at the wing you're kidding your self.  Or in this case i'm kidding myself.