• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm just going to say it- we lost because our All-Star got punked

HawkItus

Agreed. But all three don't seem to play with urgent consistency. We can't have random 2 min spurts of energetic play that is bs.

Ya, and Millsap straight up getting punked by Morris.

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

It happened with Smitty, Joe, Al, and now Sap.  When your leader gets worked by another team's accessory player you lose.   Sap has to man up.  It is damning that our best runs came with him sitting down.  Don't blame Dennis or Dwight.  Blame the team leader.  2 freaking rebounds, 1 assist, no blocks or steals.  Pathetic.

Finally someone telling it like is is!

+++++post!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Agreed. But all three don't seem to play with urgent consistency. We can't have random 2 min spurts of energetic play that is bs.

Ya, and Millsap straight up getting punked by Morris.

From his first touch, when they put him on his arse, I had a feeling he'd have a tough day.  He started playing to the refs.  Looking for calls instead of playing through/expecting contact.

The only bright side to his whiny comments was admitting that they (he) need to respond in kind. Hopefully he responds.  For better or worse, we need him especially if Dennis is going to step up his D on Wall.

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Finally someone telling it like is is!

+++++post!

What, you tired of the incessant anti-Dennis/Dwight folks and their thinly-veiled criticisms?

"Uh, I don't know why we lost and I didn't watch the game, but DENNIS AND DWIGHT SUCXXXX!!!"

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ain't no otherway to say it.

You could say it with better grammar?  C'mon, JBurd, get it together.  It's the playoffs!!

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

From his first touch, when they put him on his arse, I had a feeling he'd have a tough day.  He started playing to the refs.  Looking for calls instead of playing through/expecting contact.

The only bright side to his whiny comments was admitting that they (he) need to respond in kind. Hopefully he responds.  For better or worse, we need him especially if Dennis is going to step up his D on Wall.

What, you tired of the incessant anti-Dennis/Dwight folks and their thinly-veiled criticisms?

"Uh, I don't know why we lost and I didn't watch the game, but DENNIS AND DWIGHT SUCXXXX!!!"

You could say it with better grammar?  C'mon, JBurd, get it together.  It's the playoffs!!

Be happy I added the 'T' to ain't.

I wouldn't be surprised if he drops 45 in the next game but I still think that he can't put his mark on the series. We just have to play smart basketball right now and use his presence. The first step would be a Ily-Sap FC. Gortat would have to guard Ily. Play dennis-Ily picknrolls!

• Like 3

I cannot deemphasize how important it is that:

1. Dennis play his own game and not get worried about Wall likely outplaying him (from what I gather, he didn't worry about it for at least the first game).
2. Paul Millsap to not get frustrated about how the refs are calling things on him and let himself be taken out of the game.

I cannot emphasize #2 enough here. That's how you get series like Washington vs Toronto from 2015. It's been a while since I've watched major stretches of gameplay from those games, but from what I remember, guys like Kyle Lowry allowed bad referee calls to take themselves out of impacting the game positively. Thus, that series ended up being a huge embarrassment for Toronto and it caused them to make significant changes over the offseason.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya, and Millsap straight up getting punked by Gortat.

Fixed

• Like 1

I didn't catch the whole game.  The whole first half and the peeked in the 4th and saw they were down late and knew it was a wrap.  How did he only have 2 rebounds all game?  Put me in for 30 minutes and I bet I get at least 2 rebounds.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Paul Millsap said he's not about to let Markieff Morris get in his head - as he is aware he is trying to do.

I think he means anymore or again.

He didn't need to get into Sap''s head. Markieff was about 2 knuckles deep before Millsap even seemed to be bothered by it. At one point he looked so comfortable by it I could have sworn it was @kg01 on the court and not our "All-Star". 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

He didn't need to get into Sap''s head. Markieff was about 2 knuckles deep before Millsap even seemed to be bothered by it. At one point he looked so comfortable by it I could have sworn it was @kg01 on the court and not our "All-Star". 

Now that's the PlayoffDolf we need.  Thas the PlayoffDolf we deserve, muthaf*ckah.

We'll forget that return post from a few days ago.  Nice bounce back.

Oh and btw, your gf tends to like when i ... [offensive post redacted]