• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Rise Of Taurean Prince

Wurider05

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

You can still sign and trade, but it doesn't happen as often.

What I don't think you can do, is perform a sign and trade AND package players with it.

Oh that's right I had this discussion with you. So we can sign n trade Timmy straight up for somebody but we can't include other players from our end in the package? Hmmmm that kinda sucks.

• Moderators

The whole reason to do a sign and trade in a lot of the old deals was that the team who had the RFA rights could give a more favorable contract for the player so the player wanted to see the sign and trade so he could get the richer deal.  Now you can't give any more money in a S&T than the other team can give in a straight up contract so the only two reasons for a sign and trade today are (a) the threat of matching and (b) the team receiving him doesn't have the money to sign him outright.  

In most cases, teams would prefer to simply add the FA rather than give up assets to get him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

@macdaddy By the way, last month when we were hot for Butler and wanted to trade for him. I said then that I really didn't wanna include Prince in the deal. Now there's no way in hell I'd include him in any trade for Butler, Paul George or anyone else. This kid is special.

I'd still do it for Butler. Not PG though.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DS5 said:

I'd still do it for Butler. Not PG though.

I think i probably would too.   Indy is screwed.  The whole league knows PG is going to walk to the Lakers when his contract is up.   So no one but the Lakers are going to trade for him this summer.   And they aren't going to outbid themselves.     But Indy can't bring him back.

7 hours ago, hazer said:

Three words: Kyle Korver...

Not only will he be our "shooting consultant", he'll eventually be in a suit sitting directly to Bud's left. And possible eventual successor. Bookmarking this post ;)

I figured Bud's successor will be one of those assistants already on staff that still hung around despite Snyder and Atkinson leaving.

• Moderators

all that is exactly what Leonard was his rookie year. NOBODY could have predicted he'd develop like he has. Not saying it'll happen again but it's so dumb how u guys are literally comparing Kawhi NOW as a superstar (that he didn't show signs of until his 2nd finals appearance) to rookie Prince that barely played until the end of the year.

It's absurd to compare Taurean to Kawhi period. Why do we have to make these comparisons in the first place? Can't we just let Taurean show us who he is? I'm just not letting my hopes get up on a guy who has yet to show us anything yet. I really do hope Taurean proves me wrong and becomes great because we all know how long it's been since we've had a young player to be excited about, but I think if he's ceiling is 15, 5, & 5, then that's nothing to be down on. At this point, I don't see the x-factor that Kawhi, George, and Butler had in them years 1-3. I see Taurean as more of wild card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

If I were to compare Taurean to someone, I would say that he reminds me a little of Rip Hamilton. Nice shot, comes off screens well enough, and knows where the open space is on the court.

I love RIP and I hope Prince can shoot that well.   Of course he's the size of 2 Rips.

• Like 1

Prince is turning into a 5 tool player. He can shoot, rebound, pass, steal and block. 

Perhaps we shouldn't compare him to anyone. He is his own man.

• Moderators
Prince is turning into a 5 tool player. He can shoot, rebound, pass, steal and block. 

Perhaps we shouldn't compare him to anyone. He is his own man.

My point exactly. Comparing him to Kawhi or Butler is unfair. Taurean will give the Hawks exactly what the team needs. Let him develop into his own identity and stop placing high expectations on our youngins.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

It's absurd to compare Taurean to Kawhi period. Why do we have to make these comparisons in the first place? Can't we just let Taurean show us who he is? I'm just not letting my hopes get up on a guy who has yet to show us anything yet. I really do hope Taurean proves me wrong and becomes great because we all know how long it's been since we've had a young player to be excited about, but I think if he's ceiling is 15, 5, & 5, then that's nothing to be down on. At this point, I don't see the x-factor that Kawhi, George, and Butler had in them years 1-3. I see Taurean as more of wild card.

You saw greatness in Butler or George in year 1? I didn't even see it in Leonard year 1. He got time. He was a lottery pick for crying out loud. It's not that much of a reach

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

this statement is so hilarious, and just screams hindsight

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You saw greatness in Butler or George in year 1? I didn't even see it in Leonard year 1. He got time. He was a lottery pick for crying out loud. It's not that much of a reach

He's just making ish up at this point lol. All his statements are hindsight based. NONE of the guys he named looked anything CLOSE to future superstars their first few years.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of scouts did around the league.  Hell, Bud convinced Pop to trade George Hill for Kawhi because he saw greatness in him.  Pop still comments how hard of a trade that was for him.  There was a ton of buzz after the offseason the Pacers drafted George... So much so that the trade talks around Danny Granger began.  I may not be able to scout players, but I trust when NBA scouts and head coaches say things like this.  Nobody saw DeRozan developing to who he is but I did...  Taurean will be something special, I just don't see Butler, Kawhi, or George.  I see him as something new.

• Like 1

Just now, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

A lot of scouts did around the league.  Hell, Bud convinced Pop to trade George Hill for Kawhi because he saw greatness in him.  Pop still comments how hard of a trade that was for him.  There was a ton of buzz after the offseason the Pacers drafted George... So much so that the trade talks around Danny Granger began.  I may not be able to scout players, but I trust when NBA scouts and head coaches say things like this.  Nobody saw DeRozan developing to who he is but I did...  Taurean will be something special, I just don't see Butler, Kawhi, or George.  I see him as something new.

I do not know what he could be. I seen others scoring ability and I have always stated he reminds me of Crash but his ability to be a playmaker makes his offensive impact more potent than it would normally be. It would not surprise me if he averaged 20-22 ppg in the NBA even if it is not likely. 

I kinda see a combination of Scottie Pippen, Rip Hamilton, Crash and Paul George. Not completely the best of the three but got shades of each of them to a degree.

Pippen ability to use his strength and off ball steals awareness like Pip. He's not the athlete or has the elite hand size like Pip. 

Rip ability to have excellent pass perception, BBIQ on offense, great timing on offense and his hand off and cutting ability. 

Crash in the all around game and elite hustle ability, strength and work ethic. No where near the athlete of Crash.

Paul George in the fact that he reads angles extremely well and he's acrobatic for a bigger SF. He doesn't have the iso skills of PG yet who doesn't have great iso skills but Prince has average and at times below average iso skills. 

The player who he reminds me most of is Crash. But he's not the athlete Crash was and he's not the athlete PG is either. Clearly not the athlete Pippen was. Not saying he isn't a solid athlete but those were great athletes in their time. He's as athlete as Rip to me. Not the shooter Rip was though but has more range.

• Like 1