• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bazemore's season condensed into one play.

SalvorMallow

1 hour ago, SalvorMallow said:

I saw this on Reddit and thought it was hilarious.

If that was Lebron or Steph it would be played endlessly on ESPN and added to their lore.  Atlanta fans are like trade him for a box of matches :(

• Moderators
1 hour ago, SalvorMallow said:

That was hilarious.   Well Baze had a great game.   The funny part is that the Wiz probably think that's Bogdonavic' season in one play too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

It was, all I could do was shake my head and lol. Only Baze.

He played a great game. 

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

Can't believe I'm seeing people not understanding the Baze hate.  It is all about his contract.  He has never been starter quality and now he is playing his right role off the bench.  He will be coming off the bench next  year behind THJr and Prince.  And he will be earning $17M for that honor.

It is the same as the hate that Koncak got.  Koncak was a fine role player who got paid way more than he was worth and got hated for it.  He was a solid defender and limited player who fans would have liked much better with a contract consistent with his role and talent.

It is the same for Bazemore.

Can we copy and paste your answer to posts regarding the Baze hate in the future? It seems to be very straight forward and relatively easy to understand.

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

Can't believe I'm seeing people not understanding the Baze hate.  It is all about his contract.  He has never been starter quality and now he is playing his right role off the bench.  He will be coming off the bench next  year behind THJr and Prince.  And he will be earning $17M for that honor.

It is the same as the hate that Koncak got.  Koncak was a fine role player who got paid way more than he was worth and got hated for it.  He was a solid defender and limited player who fans would have liked much better with a contract consistent with his role and talent.

Something tells me the folks that don't understand the BazeHate are like, "Who's Jon Koncak?".

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Something tells me the folks that don't understand the BazeHate are like, "Who's Jon Koncak?".

To quote ...well you..

"That's strong!"

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, AHF said:

Baze just won a playoff game for us.  Can't remember Koncak doing that.  Baze will only get better.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Baze just won a playoff game for us.  Can't remember Koncak doing that.  Baze will only get better.

I certainly hope you are right, but I'm not certain he will get better. I made the same statement to my friends last year after telling them I liked the Baze deal. Now I am regularly reminded of my statements, and that he in fact regressed. "Baze will be fine for that money."  "He will have another year in the system; he'll only get better."  Last game aside, he runs around out of control too much (hence the use of the chicken with its head cut off gif by some on this site) and takes ill advised shots, turns the ball over, misses bunnies on fast breaks, runs into the lane wildly, and hasn't shot as well. I hope he improves but I am less positive on Baze now than I ws during last offseason.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AHF said:

Right! I could imagine Hardaway would be the new target of hate next season if ATL is the team that gives him the big money contract if his play from the playoffs carries on to next season.

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Can't remember Koncak doing that.  Baze will only get better.

Koncak got his contract because he was actually played a lot of his minutes at PF as opposed to C against Detroit one playoff series and we won games with help from his play in the paint. Unfortunately Detroit bated us (we all think) into making a bad long term investment in a big that didn't score. Might have helped if we left him in that short lived PF role but still he couldn't possibly have lived up to that contract.  

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The season before Koncak's big deal (1988-89) he put up a 15.8 PER and .166 WS/48 in the playoffs.  Baze is putting up a 15.5 PER and .130 WS/48.  

Koncak put up 12.8 ppg on 62% shooting along with 9.6 rpg and 1.6 bpg.  Baze is putting up 11.0 ppg on 40% shooting to go with his 3.8 rpg, 3.8 apg.  Cak was the better positional defender at that point (which typically is not reflected in stats very well).

Are we pretending like there is some huge difference here (let alone that Baze's performance is better)?

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, AHF said:

Are we pretending like there is some huge difference here (let alone that Baze's performance is better)?

No...we are short changing Bazemore's incredible performance on Monday night.  Bazemore controlled the game on Monday period.  He was the catalyst that got everybody going when it appeared as though the Hawks were dead in the water.  He saw the floor better than any Hawk in recent memory and was also the spark plug on defense.  I can't remember a Konkac performance that even remotely resembled what we witnessed on Monday night from Bazemore.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

No...we are short changing Bazemore's incredible performance on Monday night.  Bazemore controlled the game on Monday period.  He was the catalyst that got everybody going when it appeared as though the Hawks were dead in the water.  He saw the floor better than any Hawk in recent memory and was also the spark plug on defense.  I can't remember a Konkac performance that even remotely resembled what we witnessed on Monday night from Bazemore.

He had one good game and sucked the rest of the playoffs which is why his total numbers for the series are not very good.  You are Chris Crawfording his status based on one standout game.

No one is being critical of his last game and indeed many of his critics have applauded it.  That said, it does not reflect his normal level of play this season or during the playoffs and most people base their desire to trade him on the larger sample size.  I applaud Baze's last game and hope he has more but we will never agree if you think that one game = 17M value plus immunity from criticism.

• Like 1