• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need more Diversity and Inclusion

bleachkit

52 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That is just not true especially in football. RB and CB are excluded and Wr is close to excluded as well. 

Like QB was?  Give me a break.  If you look at the Edelman's etc. they are exceptional players.  If you can play you play.  Kickers are mostly white.  So Offensive lineman.    

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

That is just not true especially in football. RB and CB are excluded and Wr is close to excluded as well. 

It is true, if you got the ability, you will play. This isn't real life which is supported by a system of racism and 90% of resources and 99% of land is controlled by one group and make all others overly reliant on them where there is no freedom or justice whatsoever. 

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Athletes are giving a fair chance to a far larger degree than respected jobs especially in the association. Anyone white can play any position in sports and make it on ability. 

That isn't the case to a large degree in the real world for Blacks outside of just entertainment. 

I was kidding.  Man this offseason is going to be grueling if every single day people are complaining about racism.

44 minutes ago, Alex said:

I was kidding.  Man this offseason is going to be grueling if every single day people are complaining about racism.

https://www.ineteconomics.org/perspectives/blog/america-is-regressing-into-a-developing-nation-for-most-people

https://mitpress.mit.edu/vanishing

code-book-cover.jpg?w=375&h=500

Get to reading Alex. Put that Spartan' education to task. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It is true, if you got the ability, you will play. This isn't real life which is supported by a system of racism and 90% of resources and 99% of land is controlled by one group and make all others overly reliant on them where there is no freedom or justice whatsoever. 

Now that I'm not stuck on that cellphone and have time to respond properly: this is just not true. White athletes are told from pop warner days they can't play skill positions on offense and defense. The ones that do rarely get to do so beyond the high school level. The numbers don't lie. Practically every D1 and NFL skill position is black. It is silly to suggest that race has no issue. To be fair the same applies to QB. Football in particular is still mired in outdated thinking that firmly believes certain races can't play certain positions.

Outside of QB, offensive line and kicker/punter just how many white players are ever in the NFL? I mean let's be real here.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Like QB was?  Give me a break.  If you look at the Edelman's etc. they are exceptional players.  If you can play you play.  Kickers are mostly white.  So Offensive lineman.    

So offensive linemen, kickers/punters and QB are the only positions white players have any shot at playing. That's pretty much what I said...

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So offensive linemen, kickers/punters and QB are the only positions white players have any shot at playing. That's pretty much what I said...

No you are saying they aren't given a chance to play.  They are, but many just aren't good enough.  Also, many of the best white athletes go on to soccer or lacrosse or baseball(even tennis or golf)  If they played football they would be CB, WR, and RB.   It isn't a race issue.  The majority of coaches and staff are white.  So they are racially profiling their own?  Get outta here!

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't go to Michigan State.  I joined the army instead.  Actually have very little in terms of post high school education education.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Now that I'm not stuck on that cellphone and have time to respond properly: this is just not true. White athletes are told from pop warner days they can't play skill positions on offense and defense. The ones that do rarely get to do so beyond the high school level. The numbers don't lie. Practically every D1 and NFL skill position is black. It is silly to suggest that race has no issue. To be fair the same applies to QB. Football in particular is still mired in outdated thinking that firmly believes certain races can't play certain positions.

Outside of QB, offensive line and kicker/punter just how many white players are ever in the NFL? I mean let's be real here.

I can't speak for all white children who play Pop Warner football and generally, I don't even know if it's worth a mention. But we do know that pro sports has a massive shortage of Black professionals while they make up a large number of the athletes in many of these associations 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I can't speak for all white children who play Pop Warner football and generally, I don't even know if it's worth a mention. But we do know that pro sports has a massive shortage of Black professionals while they make up a large number of the athletes in many of these associations 

I completely agree with that. I just object to the idea that white athletes are given the same chances for all positions when that just is not true.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, HawkItus said:

No you are saying they aren't given a chance to play.  They are, but many just aren't good enough.  Also, many of the best white athletes go on to soccer or lacrosse or baseball(even tennis or golf)  If they played football they would be CB, WR, and RB.   It isn't a race issue.  The majority of coaches and staff are white.  So they are racially profiling their own?  Get outta here!

I ran a 4.40 in high school and was dying to play RB and was told by my white head football coach he'd never let a white kid play a skill position. I was offered to play safety. My black basketball coach wouldn't even let a white kid on the team. This is a  Class AAA in Georgia high school. I was the best basketball player in my high school and couldn't even try out for the team. I had to wait to play Division 3 college basketball.

I can speak from both personal experience and from other people writing or sharing the same experience. The numbers themselves don't lie. You said white athletes go to other sports?  You ever wonder why that is? When you are told you can't play the position you want or even try out for the sport you want you go wherever you can.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I ran a 4.40 in high school and was dying to play RB and was told by my white head football coach he'd never let a white kid play a skill position. I was offered to play safety. My black basketball coach wouldn't even let a white kid on the team. This is a  Class AAA in Georgia high school. I was the best basketball player in my high school and couldn't even try out for the team. I had to wait to play Division 3 college basketball.

I can speak from both personal experience and from other people writing or sharing the same experience. The numbers themselves don't lie. You said white athletes go to other sports?  You ever wonder why that is? When you are told you can't play the position you want or even try out for the sport you want you go wherever you can.

White coaches? Do you not see where your quarrels are? It's with your own people. Having an idiot prejudice coach and systematic white supremacy are two completely different things. I could be an idiot prejudice fool but I can never benefit in all of the privileges of systematic white supremacy. In fact, I get the opposite. Stop trying to deflect. We are talking about a serious issue. Not stupid white people or stupid people in general.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sothron said:

Awe, so this is a personal experience.   Sorry this happened to you, but this is not the way most programs are run.  They will play women on a football time if they are good enough.  You ran a 4.4 , but could you catch?  Are you tall?  Did you win at the state level in track to back up the speed claims?  Perhaps your coach was just an a-hole.  That doesn't mean the majority of coaches are right?  I mean when cops shoot innocent minorities we are told that they aren't bad.  Seems to me that would be the case with coaches as well.

Edited by HawkItus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

BREAKING: Rick Sund resigns as Chief Officer of You Don't Know Why I'm Still Here. Will be relegated to Special Director in Charge of Even I Don't Know Why I'm Still Here.

~lw3

Hmmmm...hahaha...musical front office chairs.

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Awe, so this is a personal experience.   Sorry this happened to you, but this is not the way most programs are run.  They will play women on a football time if they are good enough.  You ran a 4.4 , but could you catch?  Are you tall?  Did you win at the state level in track to back up the speed claims?  Perhaps your coach was just an a-hole.  That doesn't mean the majority of coaches are right?  I mean when cops shoot innocent minorities we are told that they aren't bad.  Seems to me that would be the case with coaches as well.

Yes, I can catch. No, I am not tall. I related a personal experience to illuminate the issue. Just because one racial disparity exists in terms of black people getting a more fair shot at front office jobs in sports doesn't mean other racial issues exist that aren't black issues. How many Latino or Asian players do you ever see in football?

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, NBASupes said:

White coaches? Do you not see where your quarrels are? It's with your own people. Having an idiot prejudice coach and systematic white supremacy are two completely different things. I could be an idiot prejudice fool but I can never benefit in all of the privileges of systematic white supremacy. In fact, I get the opposite. Stop trying to deflect. We are talking about a serious issue. Not stupid white people or stupid people in general.

I'm not deflecting. I already said I agree with you that issues exist with black people not getting a fair shake at front office jobs. Read my above post about one racial issue existing doesn't preclude other issues from existing.

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

I'm not deflecting. I already said I agree with you that issues exist with black people not getting a fair shake at front office jobs. Read my above post about one racial issue existing doesn't preclude other issues from existing.

Fair shake is the understatement of the last 500 years. 

Your issue is with prejudice, not systematic white supremacy. Anyone can be prejudice, at times I could be prejudice even though I work hard not to be. But I can never be racist. I don't have the system or even the freedom to do so.