• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need more Diversity and Inclusion

bleachkit

Our Diversity and Inclusion Department really let us down this year. As we all know political correctness=winning. Therefore, this organization needs to up the ante on political correctness. We need more diversity, more inclusion, more reprisals for remarks taken out of context, more censoring of off the cuff jokes, harsher punishments for racist, hate mongering bigots like Danny Ferry, who showed by reading a cultural insensitive remark off a scouting report that he has nothing but virulent hatred  in his heart, nothing but an unrepentant racist SOB. Basketball has to be secondary, political correctness must be primary. We need to be more craven in our handing of faux controversies, that is the pathway to competence and success. It is the only way forward.

I feel you. I feel like they need more inclusion in the front office especially. Since most cities don't have many of us there and Atlanta is a city with a lot of talented sporting professional who don't get chances due to their lack of connections which is mired off of race. That's where I agree with you.

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I feel you. I feel like they need more inclusion in the front office especially. Since most cities don't have many of us there and Atlanta is a city with a lot of talented sporting professional who don't get chances due to their lack of connections which is mired off of race. That's where I agree with you.

I'm all for giving people a chance. I'm not for firing competent people due to an overblown faux controversy. Bud could have gone to bat for Danny, instead he just saw it as a power grab. 

Ferry is not here even if Bud wanted him to be for the simple reason that he PO'ed Nique. And while someone like him is needed because of bad contracts, he's overrated anyway. The Hawks don't play with the us against the world mentality they did in 2015 if his situation doesn't happen.

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Ferry is not here even if Bud wanted him to be for the simple reason that he PO'ed Nique. And while someone like him is needed because of bad contracts, he's overrated anyway. The Hawks don't play with the us against the world mentality they did in 2015 if his situation doesn't happen.

Ferry overrated? He traded the massive Joe Johnson contract, found a taker for Marvin. Signed Bazemore and Junk Yard Dog for literally peanuts. And our two best players,  Millsap and Dennis,  both were Ferry acquisitions. Millsap on a bargain contract, and Dennis in the draft. It was one deft move after another. There's is really no debating it.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

And football needs more white cornerbacks...

Athletes are giving a fair chance to a far larger degree than respected jobs especially in the association. Anyone white can play any position in sports and make it on ability. 

That isn't the case to a large degree in the real world for Blacks outside of just entertainment. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ferry overrated? He traded the massive Joe Johnson contract, found a taker for Marvin. Signed Bazemore and Junk Yard Dog for literally peanuts. And our two best players,  Millsap and Dennis,  both were Ferry acquisitions. Millsap on a bargain contract, and Dennis in the draft. It was one deft move after another. There's is really no debating it.

One guy doesn't make him not awful in the draft. You can sign savvy contracts as much as you like, but its not a long term way with building a team. You HAVE to be a good drafter, and one player doesn't make him a good drafter.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

One guy doesn't make him not awful in the draft. You can sign savvy contracts as much as you like, but its not a long term way with building a team. You HAVE to be a good drafter, and one player doesn't make him a good drafter.

We weren't picking in the top 5. He drafted Dennis, arguably our best player after Milsap. Word is he wanted Antetokoumpto, so he clearly has a decent eye. And savvy contracts don't matter? Ok keep giving 70,000,000 to the Kent Bazemore's of the worst, a guy Ferry signed for a couple million. You're just rationalization the mess we are in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

We weren't picking in the top 5. He drafted Dennis, arguably our best player after Milsap. Word is he wanted Antetokoumpto, so he clearly has a decent eye. And savvy contracts don't matter? Ok keep giving 70,000,000 to the Kent Bazemore's of the worst, a guy Ferry signed for a couple million. You're just rationalization the mess we are in. 

Better drafting would have helped avoid a lot of this. You can't constantly build your team through savvy contracts unless you just want to be the A's of basketball, you have to, and I really mean HAVE to be a good drafter. One guy is not enough.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This is not baseball in which its not surprising if even first round draft picks are a miss. Draft correctly and you're in good shape.

How many teams in the NBA consistently draft well year after year? Maybe 5? It's a crapshoot at the end of the day. If everyone was good at it you would see a lot more great teams besides the maybe 3 or 4 we currently have in the league. This day in age it's more important to have someone who can make great deals through trade and free agency. The Warriors hitting on all their picks was honestly a fluke, no other team in the league comes close to hitting that many times. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Ferry was just 'okay' as a GM. We act like he was some genius that knew the team he fielded would win 60 games. That was a fluke. He was probably trying to tank but the team actually overachieved because they had great chemistry and caught fire for a month or two. Before that, they were nothing special. Don't get me wrong, that teamed played the best basketball I've ever seen for those two months, but let not pretend that we knew that was an ECF team or act like Ferry was something he wasn't. He dumped salary and picked up 'others' from other teams on reasonable contracts. That's it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

How many teams in the NBA consistently draft well year after year? Maybe 5? It's a crapshoot at the end of the day. If everyone was good at it you would see a lot more great teams besides the maybe 3 or 4 we currently have in the league. This day in age it's more important to have someone who can make great deals through trade and free agency. The Warriors hitting on all their picks was honestly a fluke, no other team in the league comes close to hitting that many times. 

It was uncharacteristically bad outside of one pick.

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Athletes are giving a fair chance to a far larger degree than respected jobs especially in the association. Anyone white can play any position in sports and make it on ability. 

That isn't the case to a large degree in the real world for Blacks outside of just entertainment. 

That is just not true especially in football. RB and CB are excluded and Wr is close to excluded as well. 

He dumped salary and picked up 'others' from other teams on reasonable contracts. Thats it.

True but he still put that team on the floor and improved our chemistry dramatically in two years. Gave Bud a much better chance with his version of Spur's ball. We had been missing a GM pulling very good things off since Kasten was here so it was still eye opening. Not calling him a genius, just saying after Cleveland he learned a lot around Pops and company and it benefitted us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Ferry was just 'okay' as a GM. We act like he was some genius that knew the team he fielded would win 60 games. That was a fluke. He was probably trying to tank but the team actually overachieved because they had great chemistry and caught fire for a month or two. Before that, they were nothing special. Don't get me wrong, that teamed played the best basketball I've ever seen for those two months, but let not pretend that we knew that was an ECF team or act like Ferry was something he wasn't. He dumped salary and picked up 'others' from other teams on reasonable contracts. That's it.

Well guess what, dumping salary and getting reasonable contracts is something we could really use right now. What do you guys want? That's all you can do as a GM for the most part. He drafted Dennis too, something everyone here seems to forget. I'd rather the GM who signs Bazemore for 4 million, not 70 million, but that's just me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It was uncharacteristically bad outside of one pick.

Ok I can see what you're saying but you made it seem like finding a GM who drafts good first round picks every year is easy. It doesn't work like that so I'd rather have someone I know is great at other aspects of being a GM and has proven it with bargain contracts and absolutely fleecing other teams in trades. 

And besides I don't see why Ferry would have to be in charge of drafting, get an assistant who can focus on that aspect and get a better scouting department. 

• Like 3