• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Frank Ntilikina

marco102

7 hours ago, CP61 said:

I think this about Pasecniks, Jeanne, and Bolden in the second round too. Foreign players are often underrated because nobody pays attention to them all year so there isn't much hype. If these dudes played in the PAC 12, they would all be taken higher.

I was watching film on Jeanne the other night.  His skill level is far more advanced than the likes of Jarrett Allen, Justin Patton, Ike Anigbogu, and Bam Adebayo.  

Anzejs Pasecniks is a pick and roll team's dream center, IMO.  Don't be surprised if his name starts popping up at 19.  

A guard I really like is Kostja Mushidi as well.

• Like 1

This kid reminds me of Oladipo with that hunched over dribble. I'd be fine trading up for him, Markannen or possibly Mitchell. All are flawed, but have potential. I like Markannen the most. His motor seems to ebb and flow, but oh lawd is that jumper pretty.

P.S. Ball is gonna bust if whoever drafts him expects anything more than a glue guy from him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

This kid reminds me of Oladipo with that hunched over dribble. I'd be fine trading up for him, Markannen or possibly Mitchell. All are flawed, but have potential. I like Markannen the most. His motor seems to ebb and flow, but oh lawd is that jumper pretty.

P.S. Ball is gonna bust if whoever drafts him expects anything more than a glue guy from him.

Markannen might be the best shooting big man in the world. But what else does he bring to the table. I mean that's very valuable, and immediately would make him a role player. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I like Markannen a lot too. He also can shoot that jumper over just about anyone on the floor. Could be really really nice in Bud's system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CP61 said:

Markannen might be the best shooting big man in the world. But what else does he bring to the table. I mean that's very valuable, and immediately would make him a role player. 

He's got some skill putting the ball on the deck and at times shows a willingness to grab some boards. A decent athlete too. Other times he looks like he's sleep walking though. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CP61 said:

At this stage, nothing consistently. He has some development for his post game, touch around the rim and defensive pressure but he got a lot of tools. Could be something in this league. 

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

At this stage, nothing consistently. He has some development for his post game, touch around the rim and defensive pressure but he got a lot of tools. Could be something in this league. 

25 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

He's got some skill putting the ball on the deck and at times shows a willingness to grab some boards. A decent athlete too. Other times he looks like he's sleep walking though. 

I only watched him on TV a couple times, but I agree, he has tools. I'm just saying even if he's just a shooter, he'll be in the league for a long time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Is he a better fit next to Dennis than Luke Kennard?

If for no other reason than he is a 7 footer that can flat out shoot!!  He's going to pull a big out of the lane, creating more penetrating opportunities for Dennis.  I also think they still need to add another perimeter shooter as well.  

If we could add Markkanen or a guy like him (maybe Hartenstein) and then get another big that can be a dive man off the pick and roll, then get ready to roll.

• Like 1

Guy above me posted in the wrong thread but Kennard is as bad a fit with Dennis as Hardaway Jr is. It's not due to the offense with either, but you can't have awful defense from both guard spots. With Dennis, I wonder though if some of it is just due to how he's built, he's built like a soccer player.

To me?  YES!  I don't believe Kennard will be able to guard as well as Frank.  Frank's mechanics look really good and I believe he will become an above average shooter in the nba.  His handles should improve considering his age.  I believe Frank at 21 years old will be better than Luke Kennard is now. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If for no other reason than he is a 7 footer that can flat out shoot!!  He's going to pull a big out of the lane, creating more penetrating opportunities for Dennis.  I also think they still need to add another perimeter shooter as well.  

If we could add Markkanen or a guy like him (maybe Hartenstein) and then get another big that can be a dive man off the pick and roll, then get ready to roll.

Oops.  I posted this in the wrong thread.  You were asking about Ntilikina, I think.  Yes, he's a good fit because he gives you length and defensive potential in the backcourt, but he can also be a secondary ball handler on the pick and roll.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

To me?  YES!  I don't believe Kennard will be able to guard as well as Frank.  Frank's mechanics look really good and I believe he will become an above average shooter in the nba.  His handles should improve considering his age.  I believe Frank at 21 years old will be better than Luke Kennard is now. 

Yeah I think Frank will be a great NBA defender, a good shooter, and an excellent secondary ball handler. The perfect compliment to Dennis. That's why he's my favorite player for the Hawks in this draft. That guard tandem could be extremely good. 

• Like 3

Just now, CP61 said:

Yeah I think Frank will be a great NBA defender, a good shooter, and an excellent secondary ball handler. The perfect compliment to Dennis. That's why he's my favorite player for the Hawks in this draft. That guard tandem could be extremely good. 

If the Hawks get anything close to playoff Dennis (25pt/8 assists) consistently the next few years and Frank turns into an 18/6/6 type guard, the Hawks will finally have the guard tandem that can take them far. 

• Like 3

I think Ntilikina is as good of a candidate as any in this draft to become a 2nd tier star in the NBA.  I think Dennis is on the verge of getting to that level if he can consistently do what he did in the playoffs, but he may end up being more of a supporting star in the long run.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If the Hawks get anything close to playoff Dennis (25pt/8 assists) consistently the next few years and Frank turns into an 18/6/6 type guard, the Hawks will finally have the guard tandem that can take them far. 

I'm more of a Dennis fan than most. He's been my favorite player since he was drafted, but I do think he could play close to playoff Dennis consistently. I do think Frank can put up prime Manu numbers which is similar to what you said.

The thing to remember about Dennis is that he is coming upon his age 24 season, which is his 5th overall in the league.  Players who come into the league as young as he did don't tend to reach their peak till their 6th year in the league.

• Like 4

Is this guy basically the black Ricky Rubio?  I see him mock'd in the top 10 but I just don't see it.  I can't take a guard that high who can't shoot or get his own offense.  Not in today's NBA.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Is this guy basically the black Ricky Rubio?  I see him mock'd in the top 10 but I just don't see it.  I can't take a guard that high who can't shoot or get his own offense.  Not in today's NBA.

Not at all. He can shoot and is often criticized as a bad passer for a top 10 point guard. He's shooting 40% from 3 this year. I don't think Ricky Rubio is a good comp at all. He's more of a 3 and D shooting guard.

6 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Not at all. He can shoot and is often criticized as a bad passer for a top 10 point guard. He's shooting 40% from 3 this year. I don't think Ricky Rubio is a good comp at all. He's more of a 3 and D shooting guard.

Yeah, I'm doing some more reading on the guy.  Hard to get a bead on him but Draftexpress has a good bit of info ...

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Frank-Ntilikina-77051/

Is he Reggie Jackson-like?  I don't think he's a good fit here since he appears to be more 1 than 2.