• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who are your picks if we keep our positions & why?

sillent

(Sorry if this post has already been done)

Outside of the lottery picks my fav players are Harry Giles & Terrance Fergerson

19th pick: I would pick Harry Giles with the 19th pick. Just like I said Prince would be a DMC 2.0 I see Giles being a Paul Millsap 2.0 which would put him as a superstar because Paul's already an allstar. He may take a little longer to develop than Prince but with his size, ability, defense and intangibles I can see him guarding 1-5 on defense (when necessary & being super versatile on offense.

31st pick: I would pick Anzeis Pasecniks as the 31st pick for his size and versatility and if he can turn into anything like Portizingus we would have a steal and also 2 young high potential replacements in our bigs department. Both can shoot from the outside and will only get better in our system.

60th pick: I would not be mad at all if we got Kobi Simmons with this pick and I wouldn't be surprised if we found some untapped talent over seas. I almost would be surprised if Kobi Simmons was available at this pick.

With young stars in the making already on our squad PG: Dennis Schröder, SG: Tim Hardaway Jr??(If/Should be resigned) & SF: Taurean Prince, Giles & Pasecniks could be in the making of a team that could compete with GSW. Not to mention Dwight should be better acclimated, Paul if he stays will still be effective and Baze will be out for a redemption year to prove he deserves to be here/his pay. We still have Bembry & his shot should be improved and grant more pt. Malcom Delaney also has much to prove and should be more acclimated. We will/should probably keep Calderon and possibly Ilysova and Dunleavy (for his height,3's, can drive unlike Korver). Also Isaia Cordinier can be brought here if we feel like we can develop him better over here than overseas. 

WE ARE NOT THAT FAR OFF AS IT SEEMS TALENT WISE & NOW THAT OUR COACH CAN FOCUS ON COACHING AND WE HAVE A YEAR UNDER OUR BELT AS A PRETTY MUCH NEW CONSTRUCTED TEAM LAST YEAR(People Forget That) OUR CHEMISTRY AND OVERALL OUTLOOK CAN BE SKY HIGH & SURPRISE AS WE DID DURING THE 60 WIN SEASON. PEOPLE ALSO FORGET WE WERE ON PACE TO BE THE GOLDEN STATE OF THE EAST THAT YEAR & IF WE DRAFT & RETAIN PLAYERS CORRECTLY WE WILL BE BETTER THAN OUR PAST 60 WIN TEAM!!! At the very least contenders

I like the center Allen from Texas at 19 , Semi O. at 31, and the shooting guard D. White at 60.Both players probably will be gone by then. I also like Justin Patton, Frank Jackson, Justin Jackson, Caleb Swanigan, and that 6-10 power forward who left UCLA early and went overseas and the point guards from Iowa St. and Oklahoma St.

TRW

At 19 I want Justin Jackson because I belive he's the perfect mesh of what Coach Bud and Schlenk look for in a prospect. He's an experienced, successful, and long player with high  character that's plays well both offensively and defensively. I think some time in Hawks University could make an allstar out of him. I really like OG Anunoby here too.

At 31 I also want Pasecniks because I really like his fit in Buds system because of his midrange game and passing ability. I also really like Jordan Bell, Derrick White, Josh Hart, Frank Mason III, and Jonah Bolden here. I think there are a lot of guys that would be good picks at 31 depending on how the first round shakes out.

At 60 it's too hard to know who will be available. The only guy I can think of that will most likely be available is Kadeem Allen. He's pretty old, but he plays great defense. He's got a pretty good 3 point shot too. He's a lot like Patrick Beverly which is definitely his best case scenario

• Like 1

I forget to tell you why. 

Jarrett Allen because of his potential offensively and defensively. He can block shots and switch on screens. Just needs to get stronger without losing agility.

Semi O. can shoot the three and can play 3 or the 4. Has handles and looks like a winner.

Frank Jackson is only 19 but he's very explosive. He can shoot the basketball. He's probably a tweener right now but could learn how to play the point. I see an athletic Step. Curry if he develops right.

TRW

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sillent said:

Outside of the lottery picks my fav players are Harry Giles & Terrance Fergerson

19th pick: I would pick Harry Giles with the 19th pick. Just like I said Prince would be a DMC 2.0 I see Giles being a Paul Millsap 2.0 which would put him as a superstar because Paul's already an allstar. He may take a little longer to develop than Prince but with his size, ability, defense and intangibles I can see him guarding 1-5 on defense (when necessary & being super versatile on offense.

31st pick: I would pick Anzeis Pasecniks as the 31st pick for his size and versatility and if he can turn into anything like Portizingus we would have a steal and also 2 young high potential replacements in our bigs department. Both can shoot from the outside and will only get better in our system.

60th pick: I would not be mad at all if we got Kobi Simmons with this pick and I wouldn't be surprised if we found some untapped talent over seas. I almost would be surprised if Kobi Simmons was available at this pick.

With young stars in the making already on our squad PG: Dennis Schröder, SG: Tim Hardaway Jr??(If/Should be resigned) & SF: Taurean Prince, Giles & Pasecniks could be in the making of a team that could compete with GSW. Not to mention Dwight should be better acclimated, Paul if he stays will still be effective and Baze will be out for a redemption year to prove he deserves to be here/his pay. We still have Bembry & his shot should be improved and grant more pt. Malcom Delaney also has much to prove and should be more acclimated. We will/should probably keep Calderon and possibly Ilysova and Dunleavy (for his height,3's, can drive unlike Korver). Also Isaia Cordinier can be brought here if we feel like we can develop him better over here than overseas. 

WE ARE NOT THAT FAR OFF AS IT SEEMS TALENT WISE & NOW THAT OUR COACH CAN FOCUS ON COACHING AND WE HAVE A YEAR UNDER OUR BELT AS A PRETTY MUCH NEW CONSTRUCTED TEAM LAST YEAR(People Forget That) OUR CHEMISTRY AND OVERALL OUTLOOK CAN BE SKY HIGH & SURPRISE AS WE DID DURING THE 60 WIN SEASON. PEOPLE ALSO FORGET WE WERE ON PACE TO BE THE GOLDEN STATE OF THE EAST THAT YEAR & IF WE DRAFT & RETAIN PLAYERS CORRECTLY WE WILL BE BETTER THAN OUR PAST 60 WIN TEAM!!! At the very least contenders

I appreciate your enthusiasm, However, Harry Giles and Paul Millsap's skill-set are completely different. 

I can't just choose one so I'll give you a few scenarios!

#1. #19 - Justin Jackson - SG - He provides the length we need at the shooting guard position and he allows the hawks to be super flexible (he has ability to play 2/3/and small ball 4).  He's everything the new GM wants in a player.   I'm not sure if he'll be available, but if so hopefully the Hawks select him. 

#31 - Give me  Jordan Bell - This kid's defense will be amazing and his offensive game is not super terrible.

#60 - Kobi Simmons - I hate to add another nonshooter to the team, but he's good value at #60 if you can coach him up.

#2 - #19 - Justin Patton - He's young and showed huge strides in his first year starting.  If Bud can teach him how to play he could potentially be Marcus Cambyesque.

#31 - Juwan Evans - Kid can flat out play. I think he'd be the perfect back up for Dennis.

#60 - Peter Jok - He has some potential, if you can get his defense fixed. He could be the pure shooter the Hawks need.

#3 -- #19 - Jarrett Allen - I think he'll have good defensive ability to start out. I've seen some videos and he has some potential in the midrange as far as his offense.

#31 - Jawuan Evansn - same as above.

#60 - P.J. Dozier - Kid needs his shot fixed, but everything else in his game is pretty good. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TRW said:

I forget to tell you why. 

Jarrett Allen because of his potential offensively and defensively. He can block shots and switch on screens. Just needs to get stronger without losing agility.

Semi O. can shoot the three and can play 3 or the 4. Has handles and looks like a winner.

Frank Jackson is only 19 but he's very explosive. He can shoot the basketball. He's probably a tweener right now but could learn how to play the point. I see an athletic Step. Curry if he develops right.

TRW

Jarrett Allen I wouldn't be mad about just looking at highest upside potential. I do see Jarrett as a steady player like Alan Henderson. Semi looks like a new age Charles Barkley but Barkley couldn't win a ring so I definitely wouldn't play him as a power forward in this lengthy league. I could use him as a small forward power forward in spurts. What is this the Jackson Five??? Lol with all these talented Jackson's in the draft. Frank Jackson looks very talented and seems to have the athleticism of my pick Kobi Simmons. I just think with a name like "Kobe Jordan Simmons" he has to become great. lol... Plus he may be closer to being at that pick than Frank Jackson from the looks of it.

27 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm, However, Harry Giles and Paul Millsap's skill-set are completely different. 

I can't just choose one so I'll give you a few scenarios!

#1. #19 - Justin Jackson - SG - He provides the length we need at the shooting guard position and he allows the hawks to be super flexible (he has ability to play 2/3/and small ball 4).  He's everything the new GM wants in a player.   I'm not sure if he'll be available, but if so hopefully the Hawks select him. 

#31 - Give me  Jordan Bell - This kid's defense will be amazing and his offensive game is not super terrible.

#60 - Kobi Simmons - I hate to add another nonshooter to the team, but he's good value at #60 if you can coach him up.

#2 - #19 - Justin Patton - He's young and showed huge strides in his first year starting.  If Bud can teach him how to play he could potentially be Marcus Cambyesque.

#31 - Juwan Evans - Kid can flat out play. I think he'd be the perfect back up for Dennis.

#60 - Peter Jok - He has some potential, if you can get his defense fixed. He could be the pure shooter the Hawks need.

#3 -- #19 - Jarrett Allen - I think he'll have good defensive ability to start out. I've seen some videos and he has some potential in the midrange as far as his offense.

#31 - Jawuan Evansn - same as above.

#60 - P.J. Dozier - Kid needs his shot fixed, but everything else in his game is pretty good. 

#1 I wouldn't be surprised or mad if we got Justin Jackson. This draft is ridiculously deep I just personally wanted to address the need for talented big's with high potential. Jordan Bell looks Niquish/J Smoove (which were my favorite players at one time or another by the way) without all of their athleticism of course. I wouldn't mind picking him over Giles at all. Again this draft is ridiculously deep but I do think if healthy Giles will have a better career and is a more adaptable fit to this new age league. 

#2 I'm also a fan of Patton so can't argue there. I personally think Evans would be a steal at 31 in any other draft. In this draft there is too much talent at his size and position to be satisfied with him. I think he will be solid but this isn't the year of solids. "Jok is Deng with a better shot". Do I sound like Ferry lol... I'ma leave it at that. Again Allen reminds me of Alan (More shot blocking/taller). Last but not least or maybe? I'm sorry but when P.J Dozier's scouting reports start with "Potential Role Player" in a draft like this it's hard to even finish looking. The draft is too deep for role players but I guess if you're going to get one 60 is not a bad place for it at all.  

18 hours ago, sillent said:

I like your optimism, but I lol'd at "compete with GS, and 'Baze redemption year".

• Like 2

Are we discussing what we would do or what we think the Hawks will do, because those are two different things in my book.

If it were up to me, at 19, I'd target Justin Jackson, Caleb Swanigan, and Jawun Evans.  At 31, I'd target Jordan Bell and Johnathan Motley.

Who do I think they will target?  Jarrett Allen/Justin Patton/Ike Anigbogu at 19 and Tyler Lydon/Kyle Kuzma at 31.  

• Like 1

19 - Caleb Swanigan - ( PF who can shoot with range, dominate on the boards, and score in the low post )

31 - Sindarious Thornwell - ( SG who can shoot with range, defend 3 positions, good rebounding guard )

Both should be ready to contribute from Day 1, if given the chance to.  Swanigan may be the underrated star of this draft, and be ranked in the top 10 of this draft in 5 years.

• Like 2

19: Anunoby -> Top3 defender of the draft. 

31: Hartenstein: He didn't attend any workouts yet and played a small role in Europe so he could be there. He would play a lot of dleague if the Hawks draft him but it'll pay off. 

60: VJ Beachem -> underrated wing/forward with excellent shooting mechanics and versatile defender (3nD).

As much as I would like to get a SG who can score at the next level with 19 or 31, I think our best options for a starting caliber player with both picks will be bigs. I would like to take Leaf with 19 and then with 31 take Ivan Raab if there and if not Jordan Bell. I like Caleb Swannigan a lot also but he may be seen as a reach at 31.

I think Leaf would fit in Buds offense from day one. He can play up tempo, shoots the three ball, and is a decent passer. He could be a steal at 19 TBH.

The other bigs best fit is rebounding, though all three scored pretty well at the NCAA Level. The thing that intrigues me the most about Caleb is how he has matured, lost weight, and been a high value contributor on a pretty good college team.

I think this is a deep draft and even one of the late combo guards may end up being a 6th man type scorer one day.

We need some players who want to do the dirty work. The Draymond Green and Tristian Thompson types, so I fully expect us to reach out and grab that type of big in the 2nd round.

Edited by Buzzard

9 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

19 - Caleb Swanigan - ( PF who can shoot with range, dominate on the boards, and score in the low post )

31 - Sindarious Thornwell - ( SG who can shoot with range, defend 3 positions, good rebounding guard )

Both should be ready to contribute from Day 1, if given the chance to.  Swanigan may be the underrated star of this draft, and be ranked in the top 10 of this draft in 5 years.

There is very little doubt in my mind that this will be the case.  

• Like 1

On 6/16/2017 at 11:36 PM, Lurker said:

Too drained to care to explain but from what I've gathered with the workouts I'd go....

19: Justin Jackson

31: Derrick White

60: Peter Jok or Kobi Simmons

This is very similar to the approach I'd take.

Jackson at 19 and White or Swanigan at 31 would very ideal to me.  

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

I would target Tony Bradly at 31 and holding out hope for Mason at 60

I think the steal of the draft will end up being Josh Hart ... I think he will be this years Brogdon

I would also consider drafting Mason at 31.  Matter of fact, if Bud is committed to giving Bembry the playing time he needs, and if he's bringing Hardaway Jr back, I'll change my #31 pick from Thornwell to Mason.   Mason, from a scoring standpoint, could be a Nate Robinson type.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I would also consider drafting Mason at 31.  Matter of fact, if Bud is committed to giving Bembry the playing time he needs, and if he's bringing Hardaway Jr back, I'll change my #31 pick from Thornwell to Mason.   Mason, from a scoring standpoint, could be a Nate Robinson type.

I would be OK with Evans at 19 and Motley/Bell at 31 as well.