• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Howard trade grades: Drop'em here!

HawkItus

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This.

For anyone to paint it any other way, they're just agenda-squawkin'.

And it's a deal that's been traded twice now so what's the big deal?

Whose gonna want it. Im willing to bet money he parks his sorry arse here this season

Edited by GrimeyKidd
Curse
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What a bunch of lame excuses...These are the types of deals that kill your franchise for a long time. If Bud can't control his locker room until he brings in the choir, maybe he should be next. I am so tired of Bud system that glorifies the softest big men in the league. I guess Muscala will nows have at least a 10-15 year career in the league thanks to the great one.

The big men that Bud likes are the only ones worth anything? Who are the best centers that can't shoot? Deandre Jordan, Drummond, and Dwight right? Dwight was traded and the other two's teams want to trade them too. Charles Barkley used to say a jump shooting team will never win.a championship, but that's now been proving wrong. Being a jump shooting team is the way to win a championship.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Whose gonna want it. Im willing to bet money he parks his sorry arse here this season

It's been traded twice.  Circumstances arise.  Folks need to relax and wait for steps 2, 3 and so-on.  This is not the end.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's been traded twice.  Circumstances arise.  Folks need to relax and wait for steps 2, 3 and so-on.  This is not the end.

What are the odds of another team's front office being as stupid as ours?

• Like 1

Just now, thecampster said:

Dennis on the trade "30 shots a game for the kid...Alright".

If you want Dennis playing like a poor man's Harden...you just got it.  If you thought Dennis was ball hogging before...OMG

This.

22 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

If I have to give 1 more like to a @kg01 post today I'm going to seriously have to question my position on these things. 

Aye, when I wants to be, I'm a top-5 poster up in dis bish.

21 minutes ago, Watchman said:

What are the odds of another team's front office being as stupid as ours?

Stahhp.  You're overreacting.

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

So many people butthurt over moving back from 31 to 41 and I can't help but laugh. This isn't the NFL guys. We can EASILY buy a pick in the 20's that would be better than the 31st pick for cash and one of our numerous 2nd round picks we have coming. 

39 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The hawks got nothing of value. They did what it took to get rid of Howard without accepting bad contracts.

"A lot of people will look at the trade as a big loss for the Hawks. And they did give up a lot. They brought back a bad contract in Miles Plumlee, who will make $12.4 million for the next three seasons despite averaging less than three points and three rebounds per game as a backup center. The Hawks slid back 10 spots in the second round of Thursday’s NBA Draft. They could have gotten a decent player at No. 31. Will they now at 41?" - Chris V.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, CP61 said:

The big men that Bud likes are the only ones worth anything? Who are the best centers that can't shoot? Deandre Jordan, Drummond, and Dwight right? Dwight was traded and the other two's teams want to trade them too. Charles Barkley used to say a jump shooting team will never win.a championship, but that's now been proving wrong. Being a jump shooting team is the way to win a championship.

Last time I checked Cleveland had Tristan Thompson at center and Golden State had Bogut, Zaza and Javelle McGee at center. Nothing says jump shooter like those guys. I have no idea why everyone is trying to out pace and space Golden state. You're not going to out pace and space Golden State, and anyone trying to will fail. They have 3 once in a generation type shooters on their team in Curry, Durant and K. Thompson. What are the chances of you beating those guys in a shoot out? The way to beat Golden State is to play ugly and muck the game up defensively. Bad Boy Piston's style slow down the game. You need plus defenders at a minimum of 4 positions that can guard a minimum of 2 positions equally well, so you're not effected by the switches they cause. That won't guarantee you will win, but I just watched the best player in the world trying to out pace and space them and they lost 4-1. We need to be Grimey and we need to attack constantly to get their best players in foul trouble.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

"A lot of people will look at the trade as a big loss for the Hawks. And they did give up a lot. They brought back a bad contract in Miles Plumlee, who will make $12.4 million for the next three seasons despite averaging less than three points and three rebounds per game as a backup center. The Hawks slid back 10 spots in the second round of Thursday’s NBA Draft. They could have gotten a decent player at No. 31. Will they now at 41?" - Chris V.

Quoted for.... certainly not truth since it's CViv. You may as well have quoted The View to get an opinion that doesn't matter about this trade.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

Last time I checked Cleveland had Tristan Thompson at center and Golden State had Bogut, Zaza and Javelle McGee at center. Nothing says jump shooter like those guys. I have no idea why everyone is trying to out pace and space Golden state. You're not going to out pace and space Golden State, and anyone trying to will fail. They have 3 once in a generation type shooters on their team in Curry, Durant and K. Thompson. What are the chances of you beating those guys in a shoot out? The way to beat Golden State is to play ugly and muck the game up defensively. Bad Boy Piston's style slow down the game. You need plus defenders at a minimum of 4 positions that can guard a minimum of 2 positions equally well, so you're not effected by the switches they cause. That won't guarantee you will win, but I just watched the best player in the world trying to out pace and space them and they lost 4-1. We need to be Grimey and we need to attack constantly to get their best players in foul trouble.  

The Warriors will probably be disbanded before the Hawks are even a good team again.