• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Howard trade grades: Drop'em here!

HawkItus

7 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Giving up the draft pick was inexcusable. If you want to dump salary then fine, but you dont give away a draft pick to do it. 

That's exactly the going rate to dump salary - no one is taking a salary dump without an incentive.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's exactly the going rate to dump salary - no one is taking a salary dump without an incentive.

They got the better player too. Flip side is usually the better player nets the other team a pick. This is why I think there was a little panic involved here. Charlotte got the better player and the better pick.

Plumlee is about half the player Dwight is and guess what, we are going to have to sit him at the end of games too.

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, sturt said:

Um. But. The current trade itself suggests otherwise... I mean, unless  you think CHA gave up the more value in the equation.

Trade filler can be good trade filler and can be bad trade filler. There's nothing lock certain there, again, as the current situation attests.

I saw us trying to unload a bad contract and giving up value to do it.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That is why this seems to suggest panic.  They dumped salary here too.  That should have been enough - we take your bad contract for a productive player and you take our useless player on a bad contract.  Adding the pick in makes this one hard to stomach without future moves happening that were dependent on this getting done fast.  

That may well be the case and I'll be watching the dominos that fall.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Probably cost us Motley or any one of the supposedly second tier bigs. 

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

Right. Maybe we're talking past each other. Trying this again.

We gave up value.... and were on the receiving end of Plumlee.

That then stands as testimony that it's plausible that we, too, can send Plumlee off as trade filler, and we too can be the talent beneficiary in such a trade.

And that supports what I"m saying: each trade situation is different depending on what each team happens to be valuing at that moment in time, and so Plumlee and his contract can be a bad thing in a trade, or it can be a good thing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sure, but every now and then they have  lapses in judgement.  Still learning and navigating their  way through this thing called life.

They also get fired for their "lapses in judgment." 

So I bet the excuse train will still be on the tracks for Howard once he and Walker have a screaming match. Because its happening. Oh yes. Howard does not mix with headstrong PGs even if they're more experienced or frankly, "better" to you.

Charlotte fits Howard better....except for Walker. You need to replace Walker with prime Nelson and then that's perfect. A team around Howard needs to be:

PG: Pass first PG that is willing to stroke egos and only be a 4th option on the team.
SG: Athletic guard that is able to shoot the 3 well and is a very good passer.
SF: World class defender and good passer.
PF: Very good three point shooter than is a great passer.

And Charlotte has all of that.....except PG. Walker is not pass first and he is very headstrong. He is going to slap Howard by game 30.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

We got a bad contract, and gave them a bad contract. We also got a great contract and a very good system fit and only had to move back 10 spots in the 2nd round. Not sure why that's a problem. Assuming that we don't buy a late 1st do you really think that we'd have gotten someone at 31 who'd help more than Belli or be a more valuable trade asset? If we really want someone at 31 then we'll simply move up and get him. 

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

They won't be after the season ...

Clifford actually wants Howard.  They will doubtless do a better job of playing to his strengths.  In the meanwhile, we get the overwhelming thrill of watching Muscala and Plumlee at C.

Just now, Watchman said:

Clifford actually wants Howard.  They will doubtless do a better job of playing to his strengths.  In the meanwhile, we get the overwhelming thrill of watching Muscala and Plumlee at C.

Just like how he (they) maximized Hibbert, right?  And how they play Kamisky to his strengths?

Man, maybe I should become a HorCats fan.  They seem to have it all figured out.

Actually, if you replace "Clifford" with "Budz" in your first sentence, we could go back a year and find that exact statement on this site I'm sure.

Just now, kg01 said:

Just like how he (they) maximized Hibbert, right?  And how they play Kamisky to his strengths?

Man, maybe I should become a HorCats fan.  They seem to have it all figured out.

Actually, if you replace "Clifford" with "Budz" in your first sentence, we could go back a year and find that exact statement on this site I'm sure.

I doubt that Clifford will allow his point guard to dictate to him who he will or will not pass the ball to. 

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

I doubt that Clifford will allow his point guard to dictate to him who he will or will not pass the ball to. 

And like I said, headstrong point guards that are not pass first are going to clash with Dwight, quickly.

And that describes most of the NBA, sorry but it's true. Even most of the pass first are headstrong.

Edited by Lurker

Just now, Lurker said:

And like I said, headstrong point guards that are not pass first are going to clash with Dwight, quickly.

And that describes most of the NBA, sorry but it's true.

Some coaches don't back down and let the inmates run the asylum.

It's always not Dwight. It's someone else for the Dwight-stans.

Does Dwight need to get ran off of the entire league before people realize that it's Dwight.

Just now, Watchman said:

Some coaches don't back down and let the inmates run the asylum.

ROFLMFAO

8 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Have you seen Kemba Walker play?