• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So far..... Disappointed.

Diesel

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

You didn't understand my original post. Dwight doesn't have a lot of trade value right now. Like I said, you weren't getting anything better than that package for him. 

Plumlee's deal isn't as bad as dwights tho. 12 million cheaper and it's easier to trade. If it wasn't, then it wouldn't have been traded twice in 6 months.

A 13/13 guy has value.  Especially when teams are making a playoff run or see themselves moving to the next level.  PLUMLEE's Value will never increase.  He's injury prone and when he plays, he sucks... Guess what... Nobody will trade for that.  At least had we kept Dwight, we could have gotten some production from him and we would not have looked so disloyal.   Now... we look like Amateurs. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

So would you rather keep dwight during the rebuild? The car in your anology is one that quits on you on the highway. Its not a reliable car so it's best you move on from it. 

yes this...

Go Hawks

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

A 13/13 guy has value.  Especially when teams are making a playoff run or see themselves moving to the next level.  PLUMLEE's Value will never increase.  He's injury prone and when he plays, he sucks... Guess what... Nobody will trade for that.  At least had we kept Dwight, we could have gotten some production from him and we would not have looked so disloyal.   Now... we look like Amateurs. 

24 million is harder to move than 12 million. And plumlee has already been moved more than once since signing that contract. It's not immovable.

And we weren't playing better with dwight. You're probably the only one who thinks that

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

24 million is harder to move than 12 million. And plumlee has already been moved more than once since signing that contract. It's not immovable.

And we weren't playing better with dwight. You're probably the only one who thinks that

What is said about Dwight in this deal is... He still has something in the tank.  That means that some pundits looked on him and saw value.  This is not franchise mode of your favorite NBA game.. this is looking at what guys can do on the floor plus their contract.  Dwight's contract is not so bad in this CBA.   Moreover, Plumlee Brings Nothing.  He doesn't even have a tank.  His deal was ABSURD as most people said when he originally got it.  Teams have played musical chairs with Plumlee but it looks like the music has stopped and we have our new Speedy Claxton. ... Welll.. no.. Claxton had ability. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Only idiots would take on Plumlee's contract.  It's got 3 years remaining, and he gets more than half of Dwight's pay, while producing less than one sixth of Dwight's production.  If you don't want to keep Dwight you don't take on other teams' garbage and pay them for the "privilege" of accepting their garbage.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Only idiots would take on Plumlee's contract.  It's got 3 years remaining, and he gets more than half of Dwight's pay, while producing less than one sixth of Dwight's production.  If you don't want to keep Dwight you don't take on other teams' garbage and pay them for the "privilege" of accepting their garbage.

Image result for standing ovation gif

vor 18 Stunden, Diesel sagte:

That's speculation... to make us feel better.    The truth is that this GM goofed.. his first time out.   Moreover, if you wanted to trade Dwight, get good value for him... don't take on a bad contract.   You can say that Dwight was a lockerroom cancer... if that's what you want to go with...  but that doesn't mean that you trade him for a hamstring. 

The truth is that Dwight Howard is aboiut as as smart and knowledgeable about basketball as you are.

He is elite at rolling to the basket in P&R plays - and refuses to play them. He sucks ass at scoring in the post and tries it at the highest rate in the whole league - and wants more of it. And after 10+ years of not improving a lick as a basketball palyer, he is talkingabout developing a 3-point shot. He is absolutely clueless and delusional i nregards of what he can and can't do. That's why he is gone.

Had he embraced his role as a defensive anchor/reboudner/P&R-screen setter the Hawks would have been a lot better and he would still be here.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kurupt said:

The truth is that Dwight Howard is aboiut as as smart and knowledgeable about basketball as you are.

He is elite at rolling to the basket in P&R plays - and refuses to play them. He sucks ass at scoring in the post and tries it at the highest rate in the whole league - and wants more of it. And after 10+ years of not improving a lick as a basketball palyer, he is talkingabout developing a 3-point shot. He is absolutely clueless and delusional i nregards of what he can and can't do. That's why he is gone.

Had he embraced his role as a defensive anchor/reboudner/P&R-screen setter the Hawks would have been a lot better and he would still be here.

Dwight might have the lowest BBIQ in history. He has no feel for the game. He is still an excellent rebounder however, and he can still dunk when a smaller guy is on him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Dwight might have the lowest BBIQ in history. He has no feel for the game. He is still an excellent rebounder however, and he can still dunk when a smaller guy is on him. 

This quote is ridiculously contradictory. How can you be an excellent rebounder if you have no feel for the game? If that's the case anyone that's tall should average 10 rebounds or more. 

And y'all gotta stop reaching with the insults. Worst bbiq in history.... really?  Even if I weren't a fan of Dwight at all I would know that's just an ignorant claim. He's a 3 time defensive player of the year and it wouldn't surprise me to see him make the hall of fame. It's ok to not like the guy but saying he has the lowest bbiq in history is just carelessly disrespectful.

• Like 3

On 6/24/2017 at 6:04 AM, skimaskway23 said:

It's only a bad trade to some of you because you over value dwight. Schlenk said that was the best of 4 offers. His trade value around the league isn't as strong as you guys assume.

If that was the best offer then don't trade simply for the sake of doing so.  I am a noted Dwight hater, but that was a bad deal no matter my feelings on him.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

If that was the best offer then don't trade simply for the sake of doing so.  I am a noted Dwight hater, but that was a bad deal no matter my feelings on him.  

It was necessary so we can rebuild without his personality rubbing off on the young guys. It was worth it for that alone imo. 

The contracts we took back aren't as bad as some people make them out to be.

• Moderators

This deal is like the Lou Williams deal.  Looks terrible on the day of the trade but the GM has time to either 1 show we are deliberately tanking or 2 use the flexibility picked up to redeem the trade.  Ferry never redeemed the Lou trade but I'm still giving Schlenk time to drop that second shoe before final judgment.

When you take on bad contracts, you normally get picks, not lose them.  We could have asked Dwight to take less to buy out his contract and kept the 31st pick.  There were many other options too.  This was just a plain bad GM move and perhaps it might be a forboding telling of what's to come.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

It was necessary so we can rebuild without his personality rubbing off on the young guys. It was worth it for that alone imo. 

The contracts we took back aren't as bad as some people make them out to be.

More BS.   I guess Prince and Bembry are ruined now because of 1 year with Dwight???  If you want to worry about Personalities... check your PG.  Between he and Dwight, he is the only one that has been suspended by the coach because of personality issues. 

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

More BS.   I guess Prince and Bembry are ruined now because of 1 year with Dwight???  If you want to worry about Personalities... check your PG.  Between he and Dwight, he is the only one that has been suspended by the coach because of personality issues. 

Please stop quoting me. You are bitter because the team chose the pg you hate over the center you love. Deal with it

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

Please stop quoting me. You are bitter because the team chose the pg you hate over the center you love. Deal with it

Haha.    Sad. Skim.. tell me when you state a fact??  I will be waiting.   Here are my facts:

• We traded a 13/13 center  and a 31 pick in the draft for a marginal shooter, a often injured albatrose, and the 41st pick in the draft. 
  • We have seen more reprimands for Dennis than we have for Dwight (who you said has personality issues). 
  • Dennis is a score first PG who has a passing rating of 8.4 (via 82games.com) that puts him about bottom quarter of the league amoung starters. 
  • Dennis has been signed to a 70 Million dollar deal. 
  • Our draft night was good in that we got Collins but nothing else moved the needle. 
  • Our GM can't use the word rebuild because he can't afford to lose Season ticket holders.
  • If this is a rebuild, then our first move (trading Dwight) was one of the worst planned moves ever.  There were other teams that we could have traded him for (especially closer to the deadline) that wouldn't have given us this bad of a deal.   Maybe even Charlotte.

Here's my question to you...

are you going to continue to be a blind HOMER or will you acknowledge these FACTS and Deal with them??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Why do you bring up Dennis in every thread?  We get it you don't like him.  Guess what!  He's the PG of the Atlanta Hawks and if you are a Hawks fan it seems you would want him to develop and turn in to the best PG in the league.  It seems you don't like Dennis because he's not Jeff Teague.  Did he murder one of your kids?