• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Atlanta media be any more DERELICT in duty???

sturt

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

I especially loved CViv getting the first question of the presser and asking the "how does this feel" type question right after Andre already asked them that before opening it up to Q&A.

Well, clearly, he has a good excuse. While they were all talking up there, he was in Bud's ear, trying to get some response to whether he has full rein in player development decisions. Didn't you see him when the camera panned to Bud? That salt-and-pepper noggin next to Bud's? No? You sure? I coulda sworn....

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ATLSmith said:

Sooo, i will say that sports radio has improved in this town over the past couple years but I find myself reading Peachtree Hoops over anything the AJC writes.

Hoping some of you guys who are local, then, will take advantage of sports radio to sound off about this, and create some volume that AJC and others have been woeful at best in how their people settle for the mid-range jumper instead of taking it to the rim and drawing contact.... so to speak. It really is a la-ti-dah mentality that comes across time after time after time.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

What is there you want to hear? How hawks are not gonna sign anybody big, you get depressed and that's it?

C-Viv, is that you?

You realize, of course, that there is a thread on this board that contains several questions of some substance beyond something at the surface. Right? 

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

It as always been that way. 

Can't agree with that.

Denberg, Sekou, and yes, I'd include Cunningham too... deserve some credit for making tangible efforts to dig and report.

The columnists? They're going to tell you they're paid to opine.... "reporting's not our job, man." (I was amazed to read that Schultz actually showed up to talk with Schlenk at the Hawks after-draft Q&A. Gave me brief flickering hope.)

Can't speak for the TV guys, and as for the radio guys, they're likely to take the same perspective as the columnists--hey, it's hard enough coming up with opinions, don't ask us to go beyond that.

But you Georgia folks know better than I do on those fronts. I will say that when I've heard the radio guys conduct interviews, it did seem that they put some thought into the questions they asked, and it 'wasn't just a matter of whatever happened to occur to them to ask in the moment.

30 minutes ago, sturt said:

C-Viv, is that you?

You realize, of course, that there is a thread on this board that contains several questions of some substance beyond something at the surface. Right? 

I have no idea who C-Viv is. And which thread is that? 

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I have no idea who C-Viv is. And which thread is that? 

He is the local beat writer covering the Hawks.  (Although that probably warrants air quotes around "covering")

10 hours ago, sturt said:

I was patient.

I really thought, "Okay, they maybe got squeezed out of asking much in that made-for-TV presser yesterday, but I'm sure they probably got some after-talk with Schlenk, and almost certainly, with Bud who was sitting in their midst. Just have to wait for stories to get posted later this evening, or maybe tomorrow morning."

Silly me.

These guys are an embarrassment, they really are. They aren't the At-Lan-Ta media they're the La-Ti-Dah media. No hustle. No evident interest in showing a little aggressiveness in pursuing some better insight.

Content to just write stories based on their self-presumed astute conjecture.

Bradley's column this morning is just another example of that. Yes, I know he's not a reporter. So, but he has media credentials, and if he's not going to be bothered with showing up at a press conference for an opportunity to gain some meat, then heaven knows he ought to be pushing the company beat writer to go in there and give him something worthy of mention for his next column.

Inept.

Maybe I expect too much. One of my pro sports teams has the complete other extreme in terms of media digging for grist for the grist mill, and it shows on the face of the coach sometimes how much of a grind they can be. But they're doing their jobs, and he's doing his, and part of his is to be accessible and in so doing promote the interests of his employer's team.. ie, to put up with the media, in light of the fact that the media ultimately are what helps keep the customers buzzing about the product.

This media, and to be honest, this organization all suck in that regard.

The truth is if a writer gets to sharp in his questioning and reporting the team and/or players will cut off access. It's tough to bite the hand that feeds you.