• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Noel

johnnyde

1 minute ago, johnnyde said:

LOVE IT! Unfortunately mavs have said numerous times that they will match any offer therefore hopefully the Hawks don't waste too much time on Noel but I do love the idea of getting Noel who I've said numerous times is the new age type of center you want!

he has everything a team needs defensively just lacks offense.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

mavs have said numerous times that they will match any offer

I don't doubt that they will, but then again, that a team says they will match any offer on their RFA is only routine.... teams sometimes do, and/but sometimes don't when it comes down to it. We all realize that, I'm sure.

14 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Might as well try. He'd be an incredible piece on this team. He pairs well with Collins long term.

If by combining them into one player then I agree!  :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Sounds a lot like the opposite of John Collins at this point. The pairing would be really nice.

Absolutely man! He's exactly what we need paired by Collins. This would be a great pick up for the Hawks and a nice replacement for sap/horford or sap/Howard combination. 

Not sure he's worth the max but you aren't getting him unless that's what you're offering more than likely. Anyways I see a lot of joakim Noah in his game but he's a lot more thin however slightly quicker. He has the ability to defend the pick roll greatly and bounce back to the goal to defend the paint with his long arms.

his instincts are very good...the biggest issue is his offense. On the offense ends he's a huge liability but perhaps working with bud and staff he may improve.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Sign him to the max deal. Dallas is going to match but at least we force them to use up the cap space.

I don't think the Hawks should offer the max just to spite the Mavs.  No need to drive up prices in this market amd it will make it more difficult to acquire him via a trade if that becomes a possibility in the future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ATLSmith said:

I don't think the Hawks should offer the max just to spite the Mavs.  Ni need to drive up prices in this market amd it will make it more difficult to acquire him via a trade if that becomes a possibility in the future.

This is my thing...while he's very capable of being everything great defensively I still wouldn't give him the max unless the Hawks aren't worried about offense. Again if the offense is thought to be pretty much set on this team than I have no problem seeing Noel get a max deal but we must keep in mind that offense must be addressed before going after an elite defender!

no elite defender impacts the game like an elite scorer. So offense must be addressed first and foremost...and who knows ! Bud and Schlenk may have faith that Dennis, THJ, Prince, & Collins can make the Hawks a top 10 scoring offense in the future.

• Like 1

• Admin

He is a good defensive player but do we really want to max this guy out?  He really doesn't bring anything to the offensive end and he is oft injured.  I like that we are interested in him but we shouldn't overpay for him.  Grab Green and Reed and be done with it

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

This is my thing...while he's very capable of being everything great defensively I still wouldn't give him the max unless the Hawks aren't worried about offense. Again if the offense is thought to be pretty much set on this team than I have no problem seeing Noel get a max deal but we must keep in mind that offense must be addressed before going after an elite defender!

no elite defender impacts the game like an elite scorer. So offense must be addressed first and foremost...and who knows ! Bud and Schlenk may have faith that Dennis, THJ, Prince, & Collins can make the Hawks a top 10 scoring offense in the future.

I wouldn't give the max, period.  He's an overhyped player who has never lived up to his draft status.  Bryan Colangelo traded him for pennies on the dollar for a reason.  Let Dallas blow their potential cap space over the next 3-4 years for him. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, ATLSmith said:

Quick question about matching, do teams who make the offer set the terms for duration and price, or just price?

They set all the terms.  

Personally, I would like to get Noel but even as a UK fan I wouldn't want to see us max him.  He is really good defensively but isn't a good enough rebounder to consider maxing given his offensive limitations.

• Like 2

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

So 4yr 106 million is his max? I mean the Mavs have one of the worst talent bases so I'm fairly sure they can't let him go. 

It's a waste of time getting involved, imo. 

and it holds us up for a couple days from potentially signing others

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

I don't think the Hawks should offer the max just to spite the Mavs.  No need to drive up prices in this market amd it will make it more difficult to acquire him via a trade if that becomes a possibility in the future.

This is 2017 not 2007. You aren't getting him to come anywhere unless it is on a max deal. Dallas will match any offer on him so it is mostly a moot point. But he is what we need to go with Collins.

• Like 1