• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why not take all these guys from the C's?

JTB

eventually they will give up all 3 to add Marc gasol too. I don't see why we wouldn't just take all 3 of these players and resign THJ.

starters:

pg- Dennis 

sg- Bradley or THJ

Sf- Prince 

Pf- Crowder

C- Collins

Bench:

pg-smart/Delaney 

sg-Bradley or THJ (Marco could probably play spot minutes at SG & SF)

sf-Baze (for now)

pf-?????

c- diamond stone 

Why not? These players have great contracts and are very cheap! Boston can't keep all of them and add Hayward and gasol.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Depends on what you have to give up...If you give them more 1st round picks, you only make them that much better than you.  The key in the twitter Feed is that they are desperate so rob them not reward them

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Depends on what you have to give up...If you give them more 1st round picks, you only make them that much better than you.  The key in the twitter Feed is that they are desperate so rob them not reward them

I would throw in one of our first to get all these guys. I don't see that as an issue. all of these guys are young and good at something.

Since I don't feel like doing another thread, here is my thoughts on this offseason...

Plan A:

Trade for Marcus Smart as long as it doesn't cost a ridiculous amount.
Sign Mason Plumlee.
Bring back Ilyasova and THJ (as long as their deals aren't crazy).

Plan B:

Sign Willie Reed and Jamychal Green.
Bring back THJ.

In either case, see if a more spaced out floor helps to rebuild Bazemore's value.
In both cases, you're trusting that Bud's development system is for real.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Since I don't feel like doing another thread, here is my thoughts on this offseason...

Plan A:

Sign Mason Plumlee.

Plan B:

Bring back THJ.

In either case, see if a more spaced out floor helps to rebuild Bazemore's value.

You think Mason would want to play with his brother enough to sign with us? Sign me up. His passing would be a wonder to watch in Bud's system.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Plan A:

Sign Mason Plumlee.

Plan B:

Bring back THJ.

Maybe the most sensible idea I've read. I like it. 

6 minutes ago, GameTime said:

You think Mason would want to play with his brother enough to sign with us? Sign me up. His passing would be a wonder to watch in Bud's system.

Like I have said.  Get me both Mason and Kelly Olynyk.  You team up his passing with Olynyk's shooting.

• Like 1

If Boston really is in "win-now" mode, they will pull out all the stops.  There's plenty of vets to fill that bench for them that would come play for vet. min.  Remember the first "Big 3" in Boston?  They filled that team with role players who fit the team well.  Honestly, they're the team to watch going forward in my eyes and I hate Boston. 

Guys like Bradley, Smart and Crowder are more valuable to them than you might think  if they're trying to win now.  Bradley is possibly the best defender against Curry in the league and their stopper against guys like him and Irving.  Smart is also a relentless defender with a shaky jumper.  Crowder gives them their LeBron/Durant defender.  It'll be interesting to see what they do to make all the pieces fit. 

12 hours ago, Lurker said:

Plan B:

Bring back THJ.

Plan B was my prediction for this offseason prior to free agency beginning. My $ offers were way too high for Green and a bit high on THJ. Also have us bringing back Muscala. Still think this is a likely scenario, but need to see what exactly happens with Crawford.

Edited by Bankingitbig

14 hours ago, DBac said:

I'd take Smart and pray that we could fix his jumper. That thing might be broken though, he still distributes and defends really well.

There's nothing to fix when he's in Phillips arena he turns into Steph Curry. 

On a serious note I'd take smart and Bradley... wouldn't want Crowder even tho he is a hometown guy. 

• Moderators

I cannot imagine why they would move more than 1 of those 3.  The idea of them dealing all of them makes no sense.  They will deal the minimum number of pieces they have to.  Smart is the one they will miss the least, IMO.